It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe tells Britain not to ask for help in a crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Lets face it, we should have foreseen this storm brewing a wee while ago.

The whole thing seems rather childish if you ask me.

ACT 1

Europe - Hi Mr UK will you join the EURO...go on....

UK - No thanks, we shall stick to our pound old chap...

Economic Crisis hits and Greece is Bankrupt

Europe - We need to bail out Greece with lots of Euros...excuse me UK will you help us pay for this...

UK - Certainly not, we are not part of the Euro...

Europe - well then...if you guys get in trouble we are not going to help you!!!

END OF ACT 1

To be honest, the UK is part of the EU, so therefore I feel they should definatley help each other out when needed....Euro or not.

At the end of the day, just because the UK are not part of the Euro does not give them the right to turn their backs on Europe when they please.

Whats the saying........"what goes around comes around"

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
And I agree with you nationalistic comments and that works the other way, in all honesty would the French really put their hands in their pockets to help out Britain?

For the sake of clarity, my comment did not relate to any country in particular, so no offense intended to you Brits.
Many European countries are guilty of such behavior.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
good grief , palm to face

E.U is not the same thing as Europe , never will be

as i recall we´re still on a CONTINENT called Europe and SOME, not ALL of its containing nations belong to a commercial market umbrella called E.U ,..

so if E.U has said thouse things its E.U who made thouse remarks and not the whole of Europe...

did you know that part of russia is on the european continent , and as far as i know russia dont give a damn about greece..

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

who was this aimed at?

2nd line

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I just dont think if the EU says, "hey uk, let's take a truckton of your cash and chuck it down the drain, even though your debt as surpassed greece", UK says " Sorry that's illogical, and we know we joined you but your a bunch of morons and quite frankly, we don't want to chuck money down the black pit of no return, we actually like our people and don't have american style police, please stop trying to take advantage of us while we elect a new leader, it's obvious."

Im british, and there's so much trash being thrown around in here, if we bail em out, were #ed, they're #ed, if we don't bail them out, they're #ed. We're part of europe yeh, but to me, europe is part of a large plan to globalise the planet through the central banks, the UK is aware of that, the UK no longer wan'ts a part of this sinister plot, and it KNOWS what they're up to.

Many drunk people here though, drink drnik drnikdknrinkdnirnkd, nutters, i never understood them.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

And I agree with you nationalistic comments and that works the other way, in all honesty would the French really put their hands in their pockets to help out Britain?

For the sake of clarity, my comment did not relate to any country in particular, so no offense intended to you Brits.
Many European countries are guilty of such behavior.

Ok
to be clear, I realised that and it was a rhetorical comment, I was considering the # being kicked up in Germany over losing their tax cuts to this new bailout...

What I was saying was how long can that go on for... rob peter to pay paul, those cross hairs keep shifting and we go through the whole process over and over again..

If Britain did pay up the £50bn and then got in trouble could Germany for example push through another support package without the Merkel Gov falling? I really doubt they would be in a position to help Britain.

I think we are sailing very close to the wind... Dangerous times indeed.

[edit on 12/5/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
What is sickening is that anyone believes there is an England anymore , it has been sold ,and sold till even the buyers have stopped sneering.
Wake up England was sold out by .....well it can never be revealed safely.
England is a land sold by traitors England is DEAD>

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

probably to all who thinks E.U is the same thing as the continent of europe

or to them that think Nebraska is a country on the continent of u.s.a

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Well i'm certainly aware that there are many countries of Europe who are not in the EU. Anyone who doesnt know this should kindly go and contribute to the Australia and New Zealand are out of their place on the map thread!!!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
OP S & F

For posting this thread. I always read along on these NON US threads even though on this topic we are going to be connected I normally never respond. I try my best to just read, observe and learn. I apologize to my European and UK brethren for my earlier outburst.

PEACE

Slay

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks Slayer

I'm surprised this story wasn't posted earlier because it's very big news and a very VERY big headache for the new PM.

Rocky times ahead......

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I like to read your considered responses, always very interesting, even the outbursts

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
LOL the french are whining? Do what we did here in the states. Change the name of your fries to freedom fries. That will show em. French toast can be freedom toast lol

uncyclopedia:french

uncyclopedia:france

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Remember guy's it's gona get bad, we all know this, where it starts first who knows?, oh greece, but next yeh, yeh.

Divide and conquer
Divide and conquer
Divide and conquer
Divide and conquer
Divide and conquer

We can't let that happen

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
hypocrisy behind E.U is all them that lost their lives during ww2 for nothing,

more then 85 million lives where wasted to keep the nations of europe sovreign ,

adolf hitler would roll in his grave laughing his buttocks off if he ever knew whats become of europe ,

a funny thing about finland is that everyone whos been in the finnish defence forces have sworn an oath to keep finland finnish by all means,

most male politicians have served and made the oath that they broke when they sold finland to e.u

sad part is braking the oath and the punishment for doing so seams to only apply to them that are not "elite"...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Is £15 Billion not enough? To support a currency we do not use? What's next? Will the US have a pop at us because they want us to support the dollar, or Japan getting pissy because we won't support the Yen?

Given we are running a deficit higher than Greece at the moment, is it really fair to pick on us because we won't support a currency to the tune of £50 Billion that we don't use? We did give some money, after all...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

If Britain doesn't want to help an EU country, why should EU help her?

Wouldn't be logical, would it now>?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

But we did help..

The French are getting pissy because we didn't help enough, but £15 Billion is alot of money and to pay more given our own situation is unfair.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

ohw but europe will help the uk, just not enough though

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

What I was saying was how long can that go on for... rob peter to pay paul, those cross hairs keep shifting and we go through the whole process over and over again..

That's a question which deserves its own thread. Although it is a very interesting question, I am afraid that we cannot answer it. Time will tell. Eventually, they will run out of resources and then we will all go down the drain, regardless of nationality.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join