It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe tells Britain not to ask for help in a crisis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Europe tells Britain not to ask for help in a crisis

www.telegraph.co.uk

Britain has been warned it will be punished by Europe if the pound is hit by a financial crisis, after refusing to support a massive euro bail-out.

Officials from both euro and non-euro countries said Britain should not ask for help if it runs into trouble because it had not signed up to a £378 billion support fund.

Jean-Pierre Jouyet, a former French Europe minister and the current chairman of France's financial services authority, yesterday predicted only "God would help" a rudderless Britain after it snubbed its euro zone neighbours
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This can't be good reading stories like this. Sounds like Britain are getting bullied by the Euro Boys into paying for the Greek Aid Money.

Britain have said no, and now they may be made to pay.

Sounds like there are deep relationship cracks behind the scenes here.

Britain will be hoping there is no crisis like the one in Greece, thats for sure.

www.telegraph.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

+11 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Dear grantbeed

This is why the French are loved through the world.

I would say two things too Jean-Pierre Jouyet, a former French Europe minister

1914 & 1939

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Ok this is the signal.

Just you watch. The ratings agencies will just crush the UK... and since it's already on the brink of bankruptcy, it won't take long.

And when the UK collapse, and the IMF takes over, it will unravel the whole worldwide system.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Ok this is the signal.

Just you watch. The ratings agencies will just crush the UK... and since it's already on the brink of bankruptcy, it won't take long.

And when the UK collapse, and the IMF takes over, it will unravel the whole worldwide system.

this french fool knows this..hes just bluffing..if the pound falls so does the euro...and the banks...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

And this is what they want. So they can steal more money and reengineer the whole system in their view with more power to them.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hopefully this will be the push needed for us to get completely out of the EU.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emphursis
Hopefully this will be the push needed for us to get completely out of the EU.

Yeah and push you into the hands of those murdering scumbags of the IMF.

But eh what choice do you have.... do you want your throat slit or do you want a shotgun blast in the face?

Anyway good luck.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This is incredible...a financial world war is unfolding right in front of us.

+27 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Damn the bloody french and their "blame the English" attitude.

said by Jean-Pierre Jouyet, a former French Europe minister and the current chairman of France's financial services authority

"There is not a two speed Europe but a three speed Europe. You have Europe of the euro, Europe of the countries that understand the euro ... and you have the English,"

So, it's the English peoples fault, despite us having (at the time) a Scottish Chancellor and a Scottish PM? It's utterly amazing that it's just the English that get the bad name!

At the end of the day, they're just upset because their little experiment with a single currency has blown up in their face.

Awww, diddums..Poor wittle frenchman is getting mad... awww....

[edit on 12/5/10 by stumason]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

HERE! HERE!

What kind of crap was that?

Seriously!

The french can take a long walk off a short pier!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Anglo-French relationships are not so good... and seem to be taking a bit of nose dive.. But it seems as long as the French can get stick the boot in they will, which is quite sad. Perhaps they are also a tad unhappy at the prospect of a predominantly Euro-Sceptic gov *shrugs* who knows.

Anyway I'm sure Labour would have signed up to the deal if it was not fighting for it's political life at the time, so no wonder Darling took that stance.

But I am not sure what short term gains will be achieved with Britain giving over £50bn except ensure Britain is in a worse financial situation..

IMHO, it is simply robbing Peter to pay Paul, and you can't do that for long without getting into deeper difficulties.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Britain have said no, and now they may be made to pay.

Sounds like there are deep relationship cracks behind the scenes here.

Britain will be hoping there is no crisis like the one in Greece, thats for sure.

That's common sense. If one shows no solidarity, you can't possible expect the other to be merciful. This is why the EU doesn't work. Nationalistic sentiment and chauvinism influence European politics so much that it blocks real progress.

A couple of month ago, Brown said that Greece is a Eurozone problem. Obviously, that is what the masses like to hear, but in reality British banks are exposed to PIIG countries for an amount of approximately E100 billion. If Greece goes down, it is gonna affect the British economy badly. Bear in mind that UK debt as percentage of GDP is third only behind Iceland and Greece.

Since Britain refuses to take responsibility, it's not that strange that they are being told not to expect any help if they get in the cross hairs of speculators. In the early 90s, Soros made the Pound collapse and considering the fragile economic state of the British economy, it wouldn't surprise if the focus is being shifted from the Euro to the Pound.

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

But I am not sure what short term gains will be achieved with Britain giving over £50bn except ensure Britain is in a worse financial situation..

IMHO, it is simply robbing Peter to pay Paul, and you can't do that for long without getting into deeper difficulties.

That's true, but if Greece goes down, Britain also as an extremely big problem. Shifting off responsibility is pathetic, but on the other hand I agree with you. I believe this will only temporarily help. Either way, we'll lose the money.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Mdv2]

+15 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Be quiet..

You don't have anything of value to add but a tirade against the English because of my signature??

How petty are you?

Tell you what, to make it fair, tell me where you're from and I'll piss all over that, ok?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If it is our banks are in charge, and are the cause of the worlds woes, then why would they need to break Britain?

On a side note, are you really sure you want to aim remarks of disgusting etc at my partner, at my sister, at my mother?? was that really needed?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Best way out of a financial crisis is a war. Time to take back our territories in France perhaps?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I do agree that Britain will be in the cross hairs, but it will be in the cross hairs regardless, and £50bn more in debt at the time.. So I'm really unsure how these measures are going to help...

And I agree with you nationalistic comments and that works the other way, in all honesty would the French really put their hands in their pockets to help out Britain?

I honestly don't think so as it would cause the Eurozone more debt which would place them back in the cross hairs, as that is what seems to be happening right now..

It is IMHO a never ending debt spiral that simply reinforces itself as long as it continues..

If the Germans are kicking up a stink at this package to support the Portugal etc, what have they left to support Britain..

We are, it appears, coming to the end of that road of bailout and support and everyones coffers start coming up empty.

+15 more 
posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And you say in your sig it's Glorious England.. GIVE ME A BREAK.

England was never glorious in the first place. All the scum bankers come from there. And the current generation is a generation of drunk sheeple licking their Queen's boots and loving it. And that is if you don't talk about the ugly women, disgusting food and disgusting weather...

Dude SHUT UP!

Seriously...

You have just made a fool out of yourself. OK I'll agree on the weather statement.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Good idea! I'm on the French/Spanish border, will seek asylum in Spain. After all, many Brits fought in the Spanish Civil War. I'm sure they'll have me. And the food's better there.

mclinking

<<   2  3  4 >>

join