It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Press Allowed? ABC Reporter Turned Away from Oil Spill Command Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

No Press Allowed? ABC Reporter Turned Away from Oil Spill Command Center

abcnews.go.com

"...Oh dear. You drove all the way from Mobile? You're not supposed to be here."

Then the very friendly security guard explained that media are not allowed in this building. "They've set up a place for you across the street."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
CNN and ABC News are confirming that the company BP is beginning to control the news and what is being released to us.. sheeple. As much as i distrust the media and all they represent I finally found some sort of news that confirmed what I knew was happening.. this spill is being controlled by BP - plain and simple. The CNN video even points out that the spill you see on the video is only the "Tip of the iceberg". I read the other thread about that ATS needs to "calm down" and quit worrying... but it is obvious that we are not being told the complete story. Now... by knowing that our friendly govt. wants to implement the Climate bill initiative somehow... they sent in our friendly Media to begin twisting the event to benefit the climate bill cause... what do you think?

p.s... i am calm and not upset - I just find this interesting...

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by maddogron

She was not turned away from the command center, per say, she was directed to the area where news releases come out of, across the street.

Why would you find it odd that they don't want bunches of reporters wandering around the command center?

I'd think a bunch of people asking questions, with no restrictions, while people are trying to work would be distracting.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't want the media in the middle of my command center either. Lord knows what they would purposely take out of context in order to adhere to some political agenda set forth by their masters.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Sounds like (hurricane) Ike. And Katrina. They did the same thing in Galveston, Bolivar & Louisiana. (apologies if I have slighted the victims of Rita. It didn't get the coverage it should have AT. ALL)

Our government & media are scum. We need a reset.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maddogron

I'm not sure I see the problem. It makes perfect sense to keep the media out from underfoot. We have all seen what they do to victims homes and how disrespectful they are. Imagine trying to work while a swarm of media are there trying to create stories or meet deadlines. ...and yes, I said create.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
yeah, i know the crummy media nitwits need to be kept away from certain places... but How will WE ever know what is going on? i really did not know the gravity of the situation until that YouTube video came out of the pilot 'smelling' the oil and seeing the slick from himself??? I remember Katrina was kinda of laughed at, until the media showed the bodies beginning to pile up on the sidewalk... at what point do we begin asking for the video to show us? do we all go to the site and shoot pictures ourselves? Are we always going to accept being "kept in the dark"???? the media is slanted and biased... i know.... but man... this event is not being televised!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by maddogron]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The true scope of this event will not be known for some time. The effects will linger for a century, possibly more. catastrophic proportions of oil are leaking from the sea bed at an amount exponentially greater than we are being told... And theres practically no mention on the news of it at all.

This is some major crap people, what's with the hush hush attitude? We hear more about the lives of celebrities and such than any real issues, and when we do, it's watered down and spoonfed to us with a hefty dose of stupid. IF they can contain this somehow, which is very doubtful, perhaps they can avoid the oil spreading out of the gulf and around the world, which would carry it around the globe via the Gulf Stream.

So I am not surprised at all that the media isn't allowed there, I mean it wouldn't have to be CRAWLING with reporters or anything, just ONE at a time to do interviews with the people who actually know something... but we can't even get that. They have to go across the street to recieve the censored, BP-approved version which they are allowed to tell the public.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by paronomasia]

top topics

join