It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Shields to be Punished

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Human shields to be punished.

www.foxnews.com...

What, you mean its against the law to be a total dumba$$?

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Be against the war all you want...shout it from the highest rooftops, whatever... But aiding the enemy is treason...always was, always will be...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's one thing to protest, hell, I love protests, because it just shows us we're a free people. But when you actually go to another country to physically infringe on actual military action by our country, yeah, that's treason.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Those protestors are really wierd. Like thay are going to change anything. They are protesting against USA and supporting terrorists and Saddam. They are realy realy foolish !!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, according to the Powers of the Judicial listed in the Constitution...
"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."
...Yep, that's Treason. It may well be the *only* thing that Bush *does* that agrees with the Constitution, but there you have it.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Fonda for her trip to North Vietnam?

I think, although as distasteful as it is to most of us who served our country, this is considered a form of free speech.

As long as they do not take up arms against thier own troops (see the American Taliban bozo!!) then its not truly considered treason.

Correct?

Maybe in shrubs mind, since he grew up with a CIA chief as a daddy, and a mommy who looks like George Washington... I guess we'd all have a screwed up perception of the real world then, eh?

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I personally think they will all walk scott free.... reason being that they can all realistically plead insane and mentally incompetent to stand trial.... who in thier right mind wants to protect something from a laser guided bomb with thier bodies????????????

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Is it true that when Fonda was paraded in front of American POW's in N. Vietnam, one of them handed her a note, and she then handed it to the N. Vietmenese, who then beat and killed the American. If that story is true, sound enough like treason to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by USMC Harrier As long as they do not take up arms against thier own troops (see the American Taliban bozo!!) then its not truly considered treason.
Correct?

Actually, no...The Consitution does *not* specify the taking of *arms* against America as Treason. Look at the passage again: ...or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort...". By becoming "human sheilds", they are adhering to the enemy & giving them aid, even if they never *touch* a weapon.

...Which should also include those US companies found guilty of selling Iraq any weapons or materials (of any kind), even if it's not against "officially specific sanctions".
However, those groups that try to transport food, medical supplies, etc. would *not* be commiting treason, because they are aiding the civilian population, not the military of the enemy. However, they should also provide security measures to those supplies so that the enemy *military* doesn't just simply confiscate it before it gets to the people.

Originally posted by Shady
Is it true that when Fonda was paraded in front of American POW's in N. Vietnam, one of them handed her a note, and she then handed it to the N. Vietmenese, who then beat and killed the American. If that story is true, sound enough like treason to me.

Yep...*If* it's true, it would be an act of Treason. Do you have enough evidence or witnesses to bring her to trial?

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
No heh..course not. But just because she wouldn't be able to be brought to trial or be convicted, doesn't mean she didn't commit treason. Just means she won't get in trouble for it.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I think in the end Saddam is going to kill them all. Then I will laugh mightily, I harbor no sympathy for anti-american freaks.

But I did have a good idea...instead of America doing a "Military Action".

We simply send over hundreds - thousands of Special Forces units, as "Human Shields"

Once there, while holding their hands in "harmony" they gang up and kill any gaurds//police they have, and the ones who gain the weapons use the weapons to kill more guards//police, and so on and so on, and begin a mighty US led revolt.

top topics

join