It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mother of all dumb ideas: a US bailout for Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Are you freakin kidding me? Is this man actively trying to destroy the US of A?

Shock and Awe, Obama-Style

As the New York Times reports, after initial efforts by the European Union to contain the Greek welfare-state collapse failed, “United States officials began talking to their counterparts about an American concept: overwhelming force.... Aware that the ‘wolf pack’ markets, as the Swedish finance minister called them, had dismissed their every move so far as too little, too late, some of Europe’s leaders knew they had to act in a big way — to ‘shock and awe’ the markets.”

Enter President Obama, who, lacking all constitutional authority to do so, put American taxpayers on the hook for an unspecified amount of money — the total bailout package could go as high $1 trillion, made up mainly of a bond offer by the European Union. The U.S. guarantee and the fact that we are swapping dollars for euros to stave off inflation in Europe are the real “shock and awe” in all of this — otherwise, the plan basically rests on many EU countries, which are financially hurting in their own right, providing loan guarantees to countries that are even further overextended (not that the United States is in a much better fiscal position). Obama’s plan, which he pressured German Chancellor Angela Merkel into accepting (Germans remember the hyperinflation of the Weimar Republic that paved the way for Adolf Hitler), is to have the Federal Reserve provide credit for the European Central Bank so that it can purchase Greece’s debt without having to inflate the Euro beyond all measure. Of course, since the United States is also drowning in red ink, the Fed will have no choice but to inflate the dollar in order to hold up its end of the bargain.

Greece is only one of the European welfare states teetering on the brink of collapse. Spain and Portugal could easily be next. After that, who knows? Will the violence in Greece begin anew, and will it spread to other countries, including the United States, as their welfare states implode?

Read more: The New American

Great, that's just freakin great! He's gonna work to prevent out of control inflation in Europe by creating even further inflation right here at home.

Who needs terrorists from the Middle East when we have one right here at home, living confortably in the White House, doing everything in his power to destroy our country?

Edit to add:

[size=10]AAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!

[edit on 5/11/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So true, well said

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Call me crazy but this is a BRILLIANT move on obamas part. The EU will be indebted to us for one trillion dollars. We will have massive political clout over them just as china has with us right now. Of course to be fair one trillion dollars is not much when talking about super powers who's GDP's regularly top 10+ trillion. Still it is no small slice of cake either... It's going to be interesting to see where this goes.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
Call me crazy but this is a BRILLIANT move on obamas part. The EU will be indebted to us for one trillion dollars. We will have massive political clout over them just as china has with us right now. Of course to be fair one trillion dollars is not much when talking about super powers who's GDP's regularly top 10+ trillion. Still it is no small slice of cake either... It's going to be interesting to see where this goes.

It'll also give them one hell of a lot of power over the US when they threaten to DEFAULT on their obligation. THAT could throw the US economy into turmoil.

US: You do what we say 'cause you owe us all that money.

Europe: You know, we could walk away from that debt, leaving you holding the bag and all of that inflated currency?

US: Curses, foiled again!

[edit on 5/11/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I agree, it's like Baldrick saying; I have a cunning plan.

let's not only give China economical power over us, but include Europe as well.

Not to mention the US debt already spread around the world.

The snowball is getting better, and so is the bottomless pit.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We just need to keep out of it and let them go bankrupt because otherwise we will ve heading down that road faster than we are already going

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Print a trillion here-
Print a trillion there-
Here a trillion-
There a trillion-
Every where a trillion trillion

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

Insane.............They'll pay us back like they payed us back for rebuilding their country's after WWII no money was ever received or ever will be. Wake up America

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Insane.............They'll pay us back like they payed us back for rebuilding their country's after WWII no money was ever received or ever will be. Wake up America

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
instead of just trolling around maybe the U:S should start and take responsibility for what they do around the world

as i recall most of greece ´s financial data was manipulated by u.s bank holder who approved loans even thou they knew there was no insurance for that money to be payed back.

in other words the U.S drown greece down

an other instance was Iceland who suffered for some "wierd" reason a collapse when the maddof scam emerged , ..

to me it seams that in both instances U:S was directly involved in bring them two nations economy down so why should you not pay for the damage youve done,

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
instead of just trolling around maybe the U:S should start and take responsibility for what they do around the world

to me it seams that in both instances U:S was directly involved in bring them two nations economy down so why should you not pay for the damage youve done,

You make a good point. The people responsible should be made to suffer for what they have done.

The problem is, the banksters and their government enablers are the one's who are responsible for the world's financial problems.

If the US bails out Europe, it is the American people who will pay for the bankster's mistakes and the banksters will, in all probability, be laughing all the way to the bank as their profits reach new hights while the American people suffer.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

i dont see how this is a european bail out more then that both thouse nations are located in europe , , if anything its a greece bailout and an icelandic bail out, we are still sovereign nations here you know.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

i dont see how this is a european bail out more then that both thouse nations are located in europe , , if anything its a greece bailout and an icelandic bail out, we are still sovereign nations here you know.

Obama’s plan, which he pressured German Chancellor Angela Merkel into accepting (Germans remember the hyperinflation of the Weimar Republic that paved the way for Adolf Hitler), is to have the Federal Reserve provide credit for the European Central Bank so that it can purchase Greece’s debt without having to inflate the Euro beyond all measure.

The plan is to use US dollars to back up the bailout in order to prevent massive inflation OF THE EURO.

Yes, it is the US supporting the Greek bailout but it indirectly bails out all of the EU by preventing massive inflation of the Euro.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

clever aye, instead of just debiting 2 nations now they want to debit the whole euro carrying e.u

but in reality the euro is worth jack sh^t since its not tied to any real commodity , nothing would realy happen when the nations of EU went back to their old currencies

but i have to say that lil obama is clever , playing the cards as his masters wants.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
SIMPLE!

We take things like the Eiffel Tower and other great European landmarks as collateral and just hand them over to the Chinese to cover our loans.

Issue solved

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Fear the global economy and new world order* seems like america is being supporesed and destroyed ,all behind closed doors no thanks too our politicians and corporate businesspeople. slave new world for us all* those in power will be our masters

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

"If the US bails out Europe, it is the American people who will pay for the bankster's mistakes and the banksters will, in all probability, be laughing all the way to the bank as their profits reach new hights while the American people suffer. "

Why would you think the Banksters made a mistake???
I think they are performing to a perfect plan to rob the world and everything is going to plan, make no mistake....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Except... it's not debt. We are SWAPPING .. meaning we give a dolla, take a dolla. or Euro in this case.

It's to keep the USD/EUR ratio at about it's current level of 1.30 .. and it's not new either, it was going on for almost 2 years before we cut it off at the beginning of 2010 .. just re-opening. Not the end of the World, not a good plan either.. it just.. is what it is I guess.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think the real dumb masters of these times are Japan, China, UK and Brazil. They're top foreign holders of US Treasury bonds.

It's utterly ridiculous that US bailing out other countries in trillion dollars. Sure they call it "swapping" whatever. Seems that US is acting like a savior, printing more money like nobody's business, Federal Reserve being mother of all frauds cover-up.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Do you people understand we are all in this together. Europe is needed by america whether you want to know this or not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join