posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:30 PM
Originally posted by endisnighe
There is one tenet of Libertarianism.
You have the RIGHT to do anything as long as you do not infringe on someone else's rights of Life, Liberty or Property.
I will always be your friend and benefactor.
You have the right to your own world. You have the right to believe in what you want. You have the right to self determination.
Why the HELL are you not a Libertarian?
Well, since you and I are of the same political persuasion I have some well intended points.
1) I am a Libertarian and, for the most part, am fairly annoyed (to be nice) with my fellows.
2) You seem to have a lot of fire about one topic, and have a real tendency to drag threads kicking and screaming towards the same dead horse you've
been beating for some time now.
No offense intended as we are on the same side.
3) Look into Pure Libertarianism if you ever wonder why people think we are generally nuts. Real Libertarianism is foolish, reckless, and can end in
nothing but the death of America as we know it.
Only Reasoned and Limited Libertarianism has any chance of success.
4) I've discussed the same things you do for a long long time and can tell you that the debate equivalent of a battering ram really doesn't do any
good, and that's if you are debating reasonable people.
Unreasonable people won't listen to you no matter how you do it.
5) There really does need to be a greater variety of opinions rather than an ocean of superficial ones.
We endure wave after wave of (what I call) surface opinions, as most folks can't really get past the first "Why?" question about their opinions.
There is nothing supporting them and little to no facts or logic about it.
Be better than that and let's not egg on more anti-Libertarian feelings.