It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folds In Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm new here (only 4 days old). So please excuse this if it has been done before. I looked around and didn't see it anywhere.

I am very interested in what some people call 'Folds in Time'. It was briefly discussed on the 'Energy Centers' thread, but I'd really like to get into it more in depth.

One 'fold in time' - Writing on Stone which is North of Whitlash Montana, near Aden (Alberta Prov, Canada) on the Milk River. People who hike there say that suddenly they are back in the late 1800's viewing an indian encampment and watching them do religious dances.

Another is the castle in France where people suddenly find themselves back in the time of French Renaissance.

I'm not talking about when people view things that have left impressions on a place. That's different. I'm talking about actually BEING THERE.

Questions
- Does anyone know of any other places where this happens?
- I have heard a little on the theory of energy lines and thinning and crossing lines. I'd like to hear more.
- Any other theorys on why this happens?
- Anyone have this experience?

And before anyone asks ... YES, I want to visit these places and experience it for myself. Of course - as long as the fold goes to someplace safe ... and not on the Titanic or something!

[edit on 6/7/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I've only heard about the one in France. I'm also very interested in this topic. I've heard rumors that the famed Bermuda Triangle is a fold in the space/time continuum.

One possibility is of course that these places really are gateways to different spots in the time plane. Theory of how time travel would work
Another would be that they have some sort of energy that warps the consciousness of the person there into believing that they are in a different place.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It has been proven that electromagnetic waves influence perception of time and place and even induce SIMILAR hallucinations when tested scientifically. It has been theorized, that this may be the influence inducing mass hysterical situations

ufos.about.com...

This article talks about how the stimulation may be linked to hallucinations of abduction which has nothing to do with this--BUT, it introduced the theory that the electromagnetic activilty may be linked to "plate tectonics", which if proven, can link mass hallucination with an actual place--A point of electromagnetic activity induced by the earth itself creating area producing mass hallucinations of similar value.

The "time" variable of these experiences may be an all together hallucinated value therefore to be removed from the equation totally. The illusion creates a hypothetical time v space theory apposed to wave phenomanon.

I dont know I just do hair.
Kristine

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I read about something that happened at Gettysburg, during the filming of the movie Gettysburg. One night after filming, the sun was going down and two Union extras were sitting on top of Little Round Top. A man who they thought was another extra walked up to them. He looked ragged. He said 'hell of a day boys. expect more tomorrow' and he handed them a couple of rounds for their weapons and disapeared. The extras took the rounds to town to one of the shops that has reenactment equipment and such. The rounds were not copies, they were originals from that time period. (how did they know? I dunno', I'm not a historian or an arms expert).

Anyhow. This is cool because something from that time period slipped through to this one. I don't know if Gettysburg is an imprint thing, a time fold, or what ... probably all sorts of things.

I'd like to see if there are any reports of someone bringing back something from a travel through a fold in time. Man ... wouldn't ya' just like to breathe the air for a few minutes from the 1800's Old West, or to see the stars before all the light and air pollution? Even just for a few minutes?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I often see replicas of people I know. Everyone would tell me it's just other people who look similar but I always get this strange feeling it's the same person even though it's not exactly the same on the exterior. Kind of like seeing a parallel existence or something going on at the same time as the usual present reality. I say it's not the same as seeing someone else who looks similar because I get the same vibes as I would seeing the person in this reality. For some reason so far, I haven't had the opportunity to try approaching this replica in person to get more info. It's either because it's not do-able at the time or I get kind of shocked & don't think about doing it at the time.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Another is the castle in France where people suddenly find themselves back in the time of French Renaissance.

Where in France is this castle? I have had a shared dream with my brother for years of a castle in France. This castle is in the water . Not a mote but like on a small island in the sea with a road leading to it. Kinda wondering if this is the same place.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
One of my very first threads from 10 years ago. FOLDS IN TIME. I thought I'd bump it up so a new discussion could be started on it. This topic could be interesting.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I remember some friends told me once about a friend of theirs who camped on Silbury hill, Avebury UK once (this would have been some time in 1990s probably). If I remember correctly, they had a nap in the day and came round to soldiers from old times fighting all around them. Obviously was terrifying. I'm not sure how long they experienced being in that scene before everything went back to normal.

This is Silbury Hill (the largest man-made mound in Europe - created approx 2400BC):

www.english-heritage.org.uk...

originally posted by: FlyersFan
One of my very first threads from 10 years ago. FOLDS IN TIME. I thought I'd bump it up so a new discussion could be started on it. This topic could be interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Reminds of the Megalodon, T-rex, velociraptors, man-eating eagles....

Seal up the folds in time before it's too late!!

Seriously, if the "folds in time" are tunneling to the 1800's or 1600's, then it could be occult in origin.
edit on 13-6-2014 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What we need to do is go back through a fold and prevent WW1.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Just wanted to add this book of interest along the same subject -
The Man Who Folded Himself
Time travel via folds in time. Interesting book. It's now on my Christmas wish list.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I just read the summary for the book. It certainly seems interesting. At the same time, while I enjoy the concept, it also makes me feel like my brain is melting if I start to think about it too much. Regardless, you should have an interesting read coming your way during the holidays.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Google Bond Street Liverpool UK.
Lots of time slip incidents have reportly occurred there. One witness was a UK policeman.

Interesting thread, OP.

top topics

join