It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Rig Explosion = Terrorist Attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'd just like to say I have no solid proof of anything but something seems odd to me. A one in a million chance of this happening, especially with the kind of technology we have today vs. 30-50 years ago. Apparently, there was a high pressure build up, gas filled the air, then flammable liquid, then the rig exploded, then it sank. A rig that is designed to withstand hurricanes...sinks. Could it have been a sophisticated sabotage?

www.washingtonpost.com...

Not only one month ago did Obama approve expanding offshore drilling in America. Did he make someone mad? There are entire countries who rely solely on the profits of selling the U.S. oil. No better way to get the nation against oil drilling than to have a big disaster like this.

www.guardian.co.uk...

I couldn't find a thread that was related to the "conspiracy" side of this disaster, so I figured it would be interesting to pool some thoughts together and hear what one another has to say about this!

I wonder if HAARP will control the winds and push the oil south away from U.S. land?? Just throwing it out there!

[edit on 11-5-2010 by intelinside451]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have a feeling that Halliburton is involved in this. They are a company that profit from disasters and war. Now that Bush is out of office maybe they aren't guaranteed war related jobs and needed to focus on US oil related services.

They will profit from this oil spill. Many other companies will profit from this clean up. The longer the oil continues to spew out, the longer it will take to clean up. It could get into the billions to clean up this mess. I have a thread going on Halliburton's activities as of the last few months and it is quite strange.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
OK, not to brag or anything but I called this over almost 3 weeks ago!! I logged into ATS this morning and the top thread is that a Europe newspaper is reporting the oil rig disaster was caused by a North Korea torpedo!!!

Here is the link to the thread-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the link to the newspaper article-
www.eutimes.net...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22/5/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
not alot of things on ATS sell me, but i have a feeling we will find what we are looking for soon. lets face it, this whole thing is just way to weird, i heard N Korea, but i would be less surprised if it was a low tech attack from a middle eastern country, kinda hard to get a sub in the gulf to attack a rig, but then again drug runners do it every day. remember this administration is only successful if it ends wars, obama knows he wont get reelected starting another major war for 9/11 two so a cover up i necessary

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
OP, do you realize the depth of this drill was? It was on the edge of anything that has ever been done.. anything could have went wrong, and because of greed over preparation.. we have this oil spill. I'm not discrediting your theory, because at this point.. none of us really know.

Submarines don't even operate at this level unless it is for scientific study.

Despite how this happened, we need to be focused on how to fix it and save the Gulf at this point.. even if it was a torpedo.. that is second to fixing the damn leak.

Not ragging on you, just giving my very strong opinion is all.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

...actually it is only at 5000 feet.

For comparison, the Titanic is at a depth of 12600 feet.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Foot is now in mouth..

I had just read that in a blog a few minutes ago, and I should have looked into it before taking it as fact. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm big enough to admit when I am wrong.

Today, deep-sea rigs are capable of reaching down 40,000 feet, twice as deep as a decade ago: plunging their drills through 10,000 feet of water and then 30,000 more feet of seabed.

That is from an article back in 2007.

Source

Note to self: Always check sources before using them.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Chadwickus, this thread was started 3 weeks prior to the one you had in your post. Also, I wanted to start this thread to openly discuss the possibilities of the rig's sinking. I'm facepalming you back!

On a different note:

- The oil disaster happened on Earth Day...........Kind of coincidental if you ask me.

- This oil rig's sinking will end up costing South Korea billions

I have a feeling this is just the beginning of "incidences" that look normal but are actually attacks on the U.S.

And why did Obama send SWAT teams to every oil rig in the gulf????

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

Research what they mean when they say SWAT.

HINT: It isn't a squad of armed police.

top topics

join