It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics of Yahweh In This Thread !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I know there is evidence to support evolution. And I mean much evidence. What get's me confused is how Both man and woman are created in God's image, But Adam's name refers to the Earth from which he was also created. Then Eve being apart of his ribs. Makes my head spin. :/

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Which makes me think. If creationists are so crazy about defending the Genesis myths as absolute truth why don't we test women to see if they are genetically identical to men's ribs

You see there is genetic evidence out the wazoo to support our relationships with the apes but none whatsoever to prove that men are made of dirt and women made of spare ribs.

I agree, except for the last sentence. There is a way that I find quite interesting. I doubt it will make a difference in the eyes of a non-believer though. Males have the XY chromosomes in their bodies which means they have the genes of both male & female. If you look at a female you would undoubtedly notice that they have the XX chromosomes. Obviously, females do not possess the genes required to be a man because they were created from man himself. Also do you think it's odd that human ribs can regenerate? God created woman to be equal to man, and not out of his head to rule over him, or of his foot to be trampled upon.

Again, just because we are genetically similar to another species doesn't mean anything. We are 58% similar to banana's but you don't see us displaying banana qualities.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by novastrike81]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
reply to post by novastrike81

This out of context ? The genealogies in the bible clearly put the age of the earth @ 4000 B.C (ish) thats around 6000 years old.

One of two things have to go though bible believers minds at this point.

1. You believe the world is 6000-9000 years old.
2. You know your bible is wrong on major issues.

en.wikipedia.org...

I should add this is using "pre-flood" aging you know back in the days when people lived to 900 years old

Is wikipedia you're only source or is it the only source that agrees with your mentality? You use a site that people can edit to say what they want. That says a lot!

I don't have to believe the world is 6,000-9,000 years old. That's people taking the word "day", yom in Hebrew, as a literal 24 hour period. It's possible but then again you can believe the Earth is 4.5 billion years old and I won't think differently; it's your belief.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Originally posted by nophun
I do not wish to argue contradictions and fallacies in the bible.

If you really read and believe Genesis 1 and 2 does not contradict there is nothing I can say to change your mind.

The one that ALWAY got to me in Genesis is ...
Day 1 - God created Earth, space, time and light.
etc etc
Day 3 - God created dry land and plants.
Day 4 - God created the sun, moon, and stars.

You really see no issues with this ? no issue with telling time with no sun, how about a issue with Plants with no sun ? I am not talking 1 night of cooling .. we are talking -270 ºC .

Yo, nophun, me thinks thou shouldest pull thy monkey skull swiftly out from thy anus.

There was light on the first day...

Gen 1:1-5 KJV
1:1 In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Peace

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Wait wait. I have a bible right in front of me.

Genesis 1:1 says that god created the "heavens" and the "Earth". Today we would say that means Space and the Earth.

So we see here that Space (which I could believe) is created first, AS WELL as the Earth.

Genesis 1:3 says "Let there be light". The "light" would be the sun, no?

So, we already see that we're coming off to a bad start... Space and the Earth first, THEN the sun.

In Gen 1:5 it talks about how he named night and day. That's moot anyways...

Genesis 1:6, god makes "the firmament", or as Miriam-Webster says, "The arch of the sky" in the midst of the waters to divide the "waters from the waters".

That is too vague for me, but 1:8 makes perfect sense:

God called the firmament from 1:7 (the vertical firmament) "heaven". Heaven translates to "The Sky" or "Space".

But skipping ahead, we have in Genesis 1:16 that "he made the stars also".

And there you have it.

We all know that Space, the stars, etc. came first, THEN the Earth (eventually).

But let me guess, physicists and Astrophysicists are wrong, right?

[edit on 5/11/2010 by impaired]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

And you wonder why no one takes creationist seriously.

I Have read it ! Would you creationist quit acting like I am misinterpreting the thing. I under stand it makes no sense. I am not the only one that understands it the way I do.

Wiki (just for you)
en.wikipedia.org...:_creation_week
Fourth day: God creates lights in the firmament (the fifth command)[Gen 1:14–15] to separate light from darkness and to mark days, seasons and years. Two great lights are made (most likely the Sun and Moon, but not named), and the stars.

mission to america.org
www.missiontoamerica.org...
Day 4: The sun, the moon and the stars.

www.christiananswers.net...
Day Four

Sun
Moon - complete with established orbit so as to mark passage of time (months, seasons, and years).
Stars and other planets.

www.dltk-bible.com...
Day Four, Day Four
God made sun, moon and stars gal-ore
Day Four, Day Four
God cre-at-ed ever-y-thing!

Your right .. me and all this bat # crazy god believers are lying.

Seriously .. the sun being "created" on the 4th day is standard bible school crap

Google "days of creation" see for yourself.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I don't know if it's 4.5 billion years old, but it sure as hell isn't 6-9 thousand years old.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nophun

If it was as cold as you guys say then the waters would have been frozen and could not have gathered together.

And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Gen 1:9 KJV

The renewing of our earth in a state of order followed in six days. Darkness was upon the face of the ocean. At dawn the first day, light penetrated the dense water laden clouds. As it grew warmer the clouds rose the second day and an expanse or heaven was formed, the one in which the birds fly. Thus the waters on the earth were separated from the water laden clouds above. The ocean receded, dry land appeared and grass and herbs were planted the third day. A mist watered them, as the fourth day progressed the sun became visible thru the thinning clouds. Toward evening the moon and stars appeared. www.cognwm.org

Peace

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Since you folks like a good laugh, check out your beloved Mr. Dawkins

Peace out

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

Peace out

He didn't even answer the question!
It just goes to show you that evolution looks good on paper and can be made to be convincing but when you dive into how it really works it eventually turns in to "well you would have to be there 300 million years ago to have seen it."

Why they just can't admit that no added information has ever been recorded in the genome is beyond me. I'm still waiting for that evidence other than "well we're here so it happened" answer we always get. That's just like creationists saying "God did it."

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Atheists love worshipping rudimentary excreta and debasing what is ineffable and great.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have been robbed by this thread...

Where are all the PICS ????

:shk:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I know there is evidence to support evolution. And I mean much evidence. What get's me confused is how Both man and woman are created in God's image, But Adam's name refers to the Earth from which he was also created. Then Eve being apart of his ribs. Makes my head spin. :/

Perhaps it is a metaphor for evolutionary science written by people who hadn't coined the word evolution and the whole woman from rib thing is a metaphor for how procreation happens?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

Peace out

If you cannot tell that this video is edited to make him look stumped you are blind, deaf and stupid.

Richard Dawkins addressed this Hoax long ago you can find it here.

www.skeptics.com.au...

I am pretty *sure* this is his responses for stupidity like this.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is how Yahweh looks like!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/707cb128a87e.jpg[/atsimg]

Yahweh works in many mysterious ways!

Yah Man!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The ironic thing about trying to translate the biblical creation myth into literal scientific terms is that, even if one is able to spin it in a way that eliminates outright errors, it still doesn't come close to conveying the amount of information we've gained from scientific study. So even after someone comes up with a bunch of ad hoc explanations and assertions to defend the Bible's "accuracy", all they've done is presented the "elementary school summary" version of the formation and evolution of our solar system, life, etc.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You should be ashamed! You make baby Jesus cry! "

Shut up already. I see you idiots all over other websites. What a bunch of unsincere, immature weirdos.

What will make you cry is what's coming to this earth very soon.

and BTW the world is about 6,000 years old. Population alone. in the last 300 years alone we times 6 our population. Yet the first lets' say 10 million before that we stayed around one billion.

Like God said about you people who giggle laugh, and make fun of God to make your non belief more true to you.

" the sensual man knows nothing of the spirit "

so ultimatically they say.

" woman from rib "

hahahaha!

Not knowing God is not of the natural. Hge can do anything.

I love how you spammars who AINT even funny. Your humor is wack.

But I love how you have to do this to make God more false in your own minds.

and OP not directed towards you. The spammars who leeched off your bait.

peace.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Oh i was wrong..

let's take a look at population growth.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Year 1804 1927 1960 1974 1987 1999 2011 2025 2040 2061

the 1 through ten are by billions.

So by 1804! for goodness sakes we were 7 times less then now.

that's a 206 year span!

comeon common sense.

we seven times our population in 206 years, YET, this is ridiculous, the first even 1 million years we stayed at 1billion.

so do the math.

forst 1 million years = 1billion people

next 206 years = 7billion people.

so we must of just figured out how to have sex...

it's 6,000 years. And again, when the world comes to an end after WW3, God will show each and every soul how he made the earth and when. So until then mock away as usual if you chose.

peace.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lemonfresh

Okay. Either you're trolling or you have a very strong, unyielding faith. That's a good thing, but it ensures that if you're taught something that is incorrect, that you will never become right because you refuse to change it. Or, you either honestly don't know.

The Hebrew word for god, found in the earliest scrolls and clay tablets and rock carvings, was 4 Hebrew letters: in English, YHWH(Yod Hay Waw(or it could be vav, no one is sure) Hay ) The pronunciation of it was originally lost when people decided that it was too holy to be used by the common man, and could only be said by the high priest, once a year, in the temple in Jerusalem at a ceremony. However, people forgot how to say it when we were removed from Jerusalem and the ceremony couldn't be practiced. It was a really sad situation, but once scientists rediscovered what they needed to know the Hebrew language to speak it, they revived the language(it was no longer spoken anywhere around the world) and when the oldest scrolls on record were discovered with Yahweh's Hebrew name written on them, we found out what a general approximation of Yahweh's true name, vocalized. The name "god" actually has pagan origins if you look back in history. If you want sources cited, I have them. My entire family knows Yahweh's name, and we were raised with it. There are tons of "Sacred namers", as we are sometimes called, around the world.

"He who is honestly mistaken ,when he hears the truth, will either quit being mistaken or quit being honest" -Unknown

If you want sources for my claims, Just ask.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join