It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What right do terrorists have to attack us? and why do we not just eliminate em all cant be to hard

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Boy, I really hope that what on this thread seems to be the majoral opinion from americans doesn't coencide with reality. I really do.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It always seems so easy for some people in other countries to place blame on us. Sure, our current president is completely consumed by the right-wing christian movement and that sucks. But its only temporary, hopefully he will get voted out in Nov. That is unless the stupid mf'ing terrorists try to pull some attack off thinking we are like spain and well vote in whoever will be better for there agenda. Sorry, we will be angered all over again and rally behind the president that is going to hand these guys there butts. But no matter what, I love my country and it angers me to hear people bad mouthing us like we deserve to be targets of terrorism. I would love to see what would happen if the U.S. did cease to exist. Ill bet all of these two-faced countries that are bad mouthing us would be crying for our return. Or maybe they would just resign to their fate and learn to speak chinese. Sorry, we may be the symbol of decadence but we have come to the rescue in many situations, and no, the nazis were not broken before the U.S. came into WW2. There seems to be alot of people in the western world that are so snobby they dont think they need us as allies, part of me wishes we would just seal up our borders, find an alternative fuel source, strengthen our military and defenses, and just let the rest of the world fend for themselves (except our buddies in Great Britain and Australia) but that would be against our values because we as a people do care about humanity, and do not want to see people suffer, regardless what anybody says.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by jd27]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Actually Usama stated that the reason he called Jihad on us was because of the U.S.'s support of Israel's genocide on palestine. And considers us a threat to the Arab world because of our aggressive actions towards muslim countries. Or you could just beleive the media about him being a lunatic who is hellbent on destroying "freedom".

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Genocide? Its funny how that word is just thrown around all the time. Bin Laden, for your information, called jihad against us because our soldiers were on Saudi soil, a land he believed to be the most holy, and was kicked out of because he dissented against the royal family because they wanted the united states help and didnt want to handle hussein his way (which was to enlist the mujahadeen he fought against the russians with). He was angry because "infidels" were in his homeland from which he was exiled. And as for the palestinian cause, it gets overused by muslims everywhere who havent lifted a finger to help the palestinians. Bin ladens group and related groups have been responsible for the deaths of many muslims very recently, which is forbidden in their own religion. Israel is not trying to wipe the palestinians out, its the other way around, they just dont have the power to do so, but israel certainly has the means to wipe them out. But theyre not gonna, all they want is peace and the motto of the palestinians is push them back into the ocean, israel has agreed to a palestinian state before, with clinton, but at the last minute arafat walked out. They have no interest in peace, not the leaders anyway.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by jd27]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I never said that I agree'd with his motives did I? There was more than one reason Usama called Jihad, Im just stating that the American government isn't as innocent as they would like you to believe.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Alot of good points have been made on this thread. I look at it this way; human beings, are never going to get along as greed and fear exists. Greed, needs no explanation. We fear what we don't understand, and out of fear, we destroy. I know that this is a generic way of stating my opinion, but with my blazing typing speed of 2 words a minute, I'd be here all night.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Off topic here for one moment.

Durden,,,thats about as close to the real thing I have seen thus far

Now,,back to this terrorism stuff. Its called state sponsored terrorism....its problem,reaction, solution. You can actually manipulate mass numbers of humanbeings to go along with any formula you come up with. Its kind of a Technocratic Luciferian Cabal posing as Christians,Jews,Muslims and Catholics with thousands and thousands of subdirectorate groups under them that are orchestrating it all. Technology + Ancient Religion= Quite Dangerous

No, Im not B** SH***NG

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
[edit on 9-6-2004 by jd27]

XL5

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ok, and now for something compleatly alltogether different.
blobbys doing a points grab, throw in an arrogent political statment (match) and let the "sides" duke it out (fire) so he can dance around it like tom hanks.

I don't think any one likes war, lets "nuke" the rest of the PLANET after we gather all our friends around us. Bingo, no war, no terrorism, no 3rd world countrys, no pollution, no homelessness, no differing views on politics or religion and lots of cancer for all woohoo. Then we are no diferent from Hitler in his killings of innocent ppl for his dream of becomeing the ubar race. If we just nuke the arabs we would just be making an exuse to kill millions of innocents even if they do have different views-for just a few with intent.

Or we could outlaw money since it fuels greed and then war. Same with religion, since it makes ppl have different views and causes them to do bad things. Its like saying that cars kill or guns kill.

It would not matter who is in office, Kerry will still deal with terrorists but he may do it differently, its not as though Kerry does not know 911 happend and what could still happen. But one thing is certain, Bush wants to stay in power, even if he lets something small happen. War is war, killing innocents to get a few is still murder.

Example, a guy is in a mall with a gun in its holster, a cop sees this and know the guy may use it "for some reason-maybe protection", is that cop going to make the crowded mall any safer by doing a pre-emptive strike?

why use a nuke of all things, sure, other nations are affraid of its power. Fear/terror-control-money. This topic is a points (geek-money..JK) grab and it started a war of the minds. Get rid of the root of the problem and the problem will go away.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by yergen

You know, we didn't "invade" Israel as you might think. It was a british territory, and the UK agreed to help us and form a jewish state for us.

Yes, this is true, but it happened after some Israelis to be bombed the British HQ in Jerusalem. Was that an act of terrorism (rhetorical question)? Yes, but the winner of a conflict gets to dictate how it is perceived.

Huh? I have no idea where you heard this, but I never heard anything like that, and it sounds like pure BS. The Balfour Decleration (Which is an official british agreement to the foundation of a Jewish state here in Israel) was given to us in 1917, we barely had Jews in Jerusalem by them, and their most dangarous weapon was a kitchen knife.

Israel's first defence force where formed during the late 1930s, after many assaults from the Palestinians (which caused hundreds of dead Jews). Some of those defence groups indeed can be called terrorists, as they acted against the British mendate. BUT, those organizations targeted only military targets (such as bridges) and as far as I know NEVER caused any casualties (they actually warned people before they attacked).

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Just like G. W. Bush, just because he goes to war killing innocent people, he doesn't represent those people in the United States who are against war.

That's not true though. As the President of the USA, he does represent the americans. Sad, but true.

I am a U.S. citizen , born and raised, I support all our troops BUT Bush is the ( pretender) president but voter- chads-theft . I am very ashamed of Bush and what he has done to our country, our troops are Bush's instruments of death and our troops have no choice/rights in the matter, just as a shotgun is a hunters instrument to cause death to his pry. Bush is forcing service-people to stay in the arm- services, even when they serviced their country and their enlistment is up, they are being forced to stay.
That beady-eyed fool says that God told him to do, I think the power that is given to the president of the U.S. , has gone to Bush's head and he thinks he's a God himself , some of you may say he represents you as the USA president, but the only person that represents me is my self, I didn't vote for that imbecile and it is my constitutional right of freedom of speech to speak my opionion and that doesn't make me a bad person . I do not wish any harm to anyone, the Lord says to love thy enemy, and to love thy people, he doesn't say KILL .

You ask " what right do the terrorists have to attack us "?/, let me ask this,.... what right does our gov., have to place certain people in positions ( in power ) in a nation that doesn't want us on their land ? Who are we to say what goes on in a different country ? WHAT RIGHT DID BUSH HAVE TO START A WAR IN IRAQ ?

and finally, you ask,... "why do we not just eliminate em all can't be that hard.

We do not have the right to destroy innocent people, just to kill the problem with others. By bombing that country we'd destroy all/most of human life there, animal life, plant life, part of the earth,.... it would be "hollow ground", good for nothing. Only GOD has that right to destroy that much and BUSH is not GOD even though he thinks he is, in my opionion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join