It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you go on an ET ship to avoid disaster?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Interesting question! My first thought when I read this was that I would definitely go with them, and I am not one of those people who would relish the chance to meet an extraterrestrial. Pure survival instinct spoke up when I read your question. However, on 2nd thought, I thought I might just want to die on earth. But on 3rd thought, I realized that the chance to see and experience something new and totally different from anything I've ever done or seen before trumped my survival instinct. The ET's might kill me, yes, but at least I would be able to experience something new. If they truly were benevolent, then that would be a bonus.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Some one brought up a good point: Is the disaster man-made, alien-made, or out of our control (celestial type of stuff)? If it was man-made, I guess I would feel obligated to stay, since I'm part of the race responsible or destroying the planet. If it was alien-made, then obviously I wouldn't go with them! If it was out of our hands (a meteor, asteroid, etc.), and the aliens were offering help, then I would definitely go.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
No disaster needed.

Please send ship ASAP.

I'm packing now.

I feel you on that! Id go, so long as I'm fed, not fed upon. Probe/dissection free and provided with a female human of my choice (for post disaster repopulation, of course), count me in !

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Of course I'd go! The Star people have been here for millenia-so they'd know more about this whole situation more than we would. Some of them helped us learn how to conduct electricity...so I'd love to see what they have to offer humanity (and what the agreements would be).

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Of course I'd go! The Star people have been here for millenia-so they'd know more about this whole situation more than we would. Some of them helped us learn how to conduct electricity...so I'd love to see what they have to offer humanity (and what the agreements would be).

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

If it was a choice between trusting ET's and certain death from a disaster, you'd have to be a loony not to go with ET.

Or be very tired of life.

If ET decides to kill you, what have you lost if you were going to die anyway?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by NotThat

If it was a choice between trusting ET's and certain death from a disaster, you'd have to be a loony not to go with ET.

Or be very tired of life.

If ET decides to kill you, what have you lost if you were going to die anyway?

The ETs are prolly having a good laugh at ya'll.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I would go,especially if the ETs were part of a highly advanced race,like the sort of thing in the "culture" books.

en.wikipedia.org...

I would stay though,if they had a boss called "Anna."

(Like in V)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I would go,especially if the ETs were part of a highly advanced race,like the sort of thing in the "culture" books.

en.wikipedia.org...

I would stay though,if they had a boss called "Anna."

(Like in V)

Way you go.
I'll vote for Anna

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

you had me at "hello"

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
SOme time back there was another thread asking if multiple ET races landed, offering to rescue us from disaster, which ship would you choose to board? Taking this into consideration, along with just what proof would be offered as to validate this un-avoidable calamity would have a lot to do with my decesion.

Under normal circumstances I would love the opportunity to step on the craft of a friendly, benevolent race and start a new adventure exploring this new frontier; but prudence is the better part of valor, and it is unwise to blindly walk off the cliff without first looking down.

But,Yes, in the situation of certain world wide cataclysm, I would load up my family and loved ones and see where the chips would fall.

seeker

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If I believed they were not going to do me harm, then yes.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Okay, let's turn the tables...What if an alien species came to us and they need a place to stay? Like, their planet was about to be hit by an asteroid or something. If they seemed harmless, would you provide them with refuge?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurvivalSeedBnk
Okay, let's turn the tables...What if an alien species came to us and they need a place to stay? Like, their planet was about to be hit by an asteroid or something. If they seemed harmless, would you provide them with refuge?

You ask a very interesting question. I think I would want them to stay on earth if they could have their own space - sort of like an alien reservation.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat

Originally posted by SurvivalSeedBnk

You ask a very interesting question. I think I would want them to stay on earth if they could have their own space - sort of like an alien reservation.

That kind of reminds me of that movie, District 9. I would hope that we would be a little more humane to them than we (humans) were portrayed in that move.

I am fascinated to see that no one else (besides you) has responded to this question I posed. Interesting how everyone is all about responding to a hypothetical question about saving ourselves, but when it comes to being altruistic and helping out another species, nothing but silence.

Come one, people, I want to hear your feedback.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Now what would I do?
Hmmm seems like an easy question, I think I would kill the ET’s and then take their ship as my own.
Of course I am one of the passive ones here on earth, imagine what the aggressive types would do. No wonder ET hasn’t made contact with us yet, were all gnuts.
No but really I would stick it out here unless I knew my whole family was there, otherwise what is life worth without happiness?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I would stay on Earth too.

It is my home, and I love it sooooo much it isnt even funny. It isnt about accepting my fate, in a fatalistic way, it is about that for me, my fate and the fate of the world are one and the same. I am part of this Earth. I belong here.

No world anywhere could be as beautiful to me as this one, that gave me life, and all of my ancestors life. I am horrified at those who have the opinion that when we use this world up we should just all hop in a ship and find another to parasitically suck dry. And if my world were to be in peril, from some outside danger, I would want to die right along with her.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hmmm I dunno,.. guess that depends if they were cool with that..
Not really into the whole probing thing.or being a science project.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I would say "yes" to a genuine offer of safety, but only if my dog could come with me. No doubt many of you will laugh at me, and even think I'm nuts, but that little dog has been with me through some pretty rough times, and goes wherever I go. There's just no way I could ever shake the guilt I'd feel by leaving her alone to face whatever was coming.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hell yeah I'd go, in fact there doesn't have to be any specific disaster, Im not going to miss out on an alien spaceship ride...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join