It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you go on an ET ship to avoid disaster?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
As I was waiting for my car to get fixed I asked a number of strangers if they would go with an ET on his ship to avoid some kind of earth disaster. They all said "No". Older people said that they would accept their fate here on earth. Teenagers said they wouldn't trust the ETs.

It never occured to me that most people would say "No" to an offer of safety from an ET.

What would you do?

[edit on 11-5-2010 by NotThat]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat
As I was waiting for my car to get fixed I askes a number of strangers if they would go with an ET on his ship to avoid some kind of earth disaster. They all said "No". Older people said that they would accept their fate here on earth. Teenagers said they wouldn't trust the ETs.

It never occured to me that most people would say "No" to an offer of safety from an ET.

What would you do?

Good thread! S&F
I for one would jump at the opportunity.

+14 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
No disaster needed.

Please send ship ASAP.

I'm packing now.

link   
Why not, if you're gonna die or a high chance and you have the ability to escape then sure! The probability leans toward them being nice to save us, I mean if they wanted humans for slaves or some other reason they would do as they please anyways.

link   
reply to post by NotThat

I would get on an ET ship to avoid Wednesdays. I cant imagine a better experience for this lifetime than to get off this planet and go somewhere else in the universe trying to understand what else is really out there.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Too many variables to make a definite decision.

In general though, I would have to say yes. I presume that even if they had ill intent under a disguise of aid, there would be a fighting chance with the ET versus certain death in a global disaster.

I am also assuming however, that by global disaster you mean something in the realm of the sun going nova, or a rouge planet smashing into Earth, and not 'global warming' or global nuclear war.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
S&F! Great thread! I would definitely go on board an ET ship to avoid a disaster. Can they send a ship for this disaster we're in now or does it have to be bigger? lol

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Frankly, I would go to an ET ship to avoid there NOT being a disaster. These days this country and this world are totally sucking.

link   
The fact that if they asked you if you would like to go aboard their Space ship to avoid impending doom instead of arbritarily beaming you up. Does seem to suggest some sort of benevolence there? And so I would take them up on their offer on one condition... I ride shotgun, yeah!

link   
I would rather die than risk the possibility of suffering at their hands.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

It would be an honor if an alien race chose to save my arse.

Plus i would be able to get a good look at their tech, and see how its like to travel at warp speed.

But i would ask one question before i board.

Do you guys really eat humans!?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
S & F for this thread. I too have ask this question to others and their response is somewhat amazing. Now that the movie "V" is airing, I expect that there will be an even greater than usual negative response to that question.

As far as I'm concerned, "Beam Me Up Scotty!"

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by digifanatic
S&F! Great thread! I would definitely go on board an ET ship to avoid a disaster. Can they send a ship for this disaster we're in now or does it have to be bigger? lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You haven't heard???? The ATS Member's Only Express Ship leaves in exactly 36 hours, 25 minutes and 14 seconds from the time of this post. Please limit your luggage to one piece only as the flight is expected to be at full capacity. No smoking during flight operations, and thank you for flying ATS Express!

[edit on 11-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't think twice, I'd be gone like a shot, disaster or no disaster.

How could anyone not take up an opportunity like that, regardless of what the consequences would be.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Interesting. My wife and I have had a conversation similar to this for years and the truth is we both would jump at the chance even without a disaster being involved. So bring on the mother ship!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
While a simple question there are many variables involved, i don't think it's an easy yes or no answer. But all in all, without any more information given other than come into my spaceship...i would probably decline for fear of...well every negative thing that could possibly happen and then some.

If they are Pleiadeans and alien believers are right in their assumption that they look exactly like scandinavians except taller...well i might change my tune.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm thinking that the people you asked do not know that ATS exists. XD
I would totally go! But they would have to let me bring along my art stuff and draw them!! Or maybe I could learn their language or something.
But the question itself is too general. How would they look like?
Those V dudes from that TV show they've got out? Like humans, but more beautiful? Or like Pokemon? XD I need more circumstances to work with.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Looks like you have asked some very low-intelligent creatures. We humans are basically the trash of the galaxy, going on a Spaceship with ET,could do alot of good.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
No disaster needed.
Please send ship ASAP.
I'm packing now.

I would tend to agree with this sentiment.

However, we are doomed any way
you look at it, might as well take a stroll
around the cosmos before you go and get
to meet ET.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yeah I would go with them and take my chances.

If once onboard i find out that we are only to be used as slaves/food/medical expirements/have to join the conservative party, hehe

then I would fight to the death.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join