It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those voices behind your ear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well to get back on the board after my final exams I decided to post something I remembered today. Back in the days when the ninja turtles where the greatest thing and I would hang around al day at home with my friends playing something stupid I use to have a small dilemma. Almost every longer time period that I was alone I would hear this motherly voice calling me from far away. Like I was saying this voice would come out of nowhere and thats where it stayed, all it would say was my name with a kindness thats inexplicable (out of this world even). This was never a loud scream but like I said more like a kind whisper. Well I was hoping that someone here would have answers to this matter that riddles me greatly.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Sounds like your common Schizophrenia.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have never heard anything else (that wasnt there) since then and it stopped I think around my 9th birthday. I was a weird boy, but I wasnt sick. Besides wouldnt there be other symptoms for Schizophrenia.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Sure there are plenty of symptoms. But if you are really hearing voices, you should seek medical attention. It may be nothing more than a heightened sense of awareness, or perhaps you are gifted. Van Gogh was a schizophrenic and he cut his ear off because he heard voices.
Here is a good site with info on it.

www.schizophrenia.com...

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, well maybe I should go see a doctor but ho shouldnt now a days. Still I have some kind of deep feeling inside me that that voice had something special. Maybe its just faulty memory but its weird. Am I the only one here to have experienced something like this?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
In the books I have here, there are many stories of people hearing their name called by spirits. Some were good spirits. Some were not. My question to you is this - during this time were you involved with any kind of conjuring? Tarot cards, boards, seances?

On the flip side, were you very prayerful and church going? If Catholic, perhaps you were being spoken to by Mary. A missed calling to the priesthood?

There is also the mental health issue that has previously been brought up.

This could have been many things.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well I wasnt involved with any kind of paranormal/psychic things as I was very young but my family (as my father once told me) has a history of being involved with weird things to put it in a nice way. No I have never been religious by the way. The only thing I can say is that I was easily scared sometimes when I was alone, even by the smallest things but I can remember that that voice didnt raise an eyebrow. It was like if I used to know it or something. Its hard thinking back for me anyway as my youth is buried behind allot of emotional barriers because of allot of painful memories. But sometimes I just remember something like this.

*Welcome on ATS by the way*

[edit on 7-6-2004 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome. I'm still a bit nervous posting. I'm not always sure if I'm following the rules here correctly or not.

BTW - off topic - Your information says you are in Basel, Switzerland. I've been to Basel Switzerland. I did two weeks in Switzerland in May 1990. Beautiful country!

Anyways. Sorry about the emotional childhood. I would say that still leaves open all three things discussed so far. It could be an emotional thing (mental health). It could be an unkind spirit (they know when people are unhappy or upset and they like to take advantage), it could be a friendly spirit wanting to cheer up a sad young person, or it still could be a call to a religious way of life.

Or something else that hasn't even come up yet.

Usually you try to make sure it isn't a mental health issue first, and then move on to the spiritual manifestation. At least, that's what the priests always tell us. (yes, I'm Catholic)

I am of the opinion that things of religion don't take science seriously enough and science doesn't take things of religion seriously enough.

[edit on 6/7/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well like I said, I never had problems with mental health. I grew up with my mother as a teacher and my aunt as a doctor so one of them would have noticed that I was acting weird.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Okay. No mental illness history. No history of conjuring spirits. I'd check the positive spiritual side. How long ago was this? Is it still happening? Perhaps a friendly spirit was trying to help a sorrowful child? Perhaps was a call to a religious life (priest, buddhist monk, whatever).

It will take some looking into for you to discover what was happening.
I wish the best for you on your journey. Keep us up to date here.
I'm interested.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It depends on when this happenes.
During hypnogic--pompic hallucination, this is a natural occurance along with much other strange seeming experiences wheich is also normal--strange voices "mumbo jumbo" language ect.

Hypnopompic hallucination: A vivid dreamlike hallucination that occurs as one is waking up. The opposite of an hypnagogic hallucination, which occurs as one is falling asleep.

This can also happen during alternate awareness states like :focus, "zoning out" day dreaming..................

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well I dont exactly remember my age but it must have been from age 7-9. I cant remember all that much from before my 7th year. It might be helpful to point out that all my childhood I was what I call a weird dreamer (someone with exceptionally weird dreams) most of them having something to do with falling/floating and the hands of monsters (and yes, just the hands never faces). My dreams always came in repetitive periods in which I would have the same dream for a long period of time. At this age I didnt know this wasnt normal. As a kid I never felt alone in an empty place and this filed most of my youth with fear of some kind as I was always afraid that something would get me from behind. These are some of the weird things that I can remember from that time. As I have said before all of this things have stopped.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
DarkFLAME SAID "My dreams always came in repetitive periods in which I would have the same dream for a long period of time. At this age I didnt know this wasnt normal. As a kid I never felt alone in an empty place and this filed most of my youth with fear of some kind as I was always afraid that something would get me from behind. These are some of the weird things that I can remember from that time. As I have said before all of this things have stopped.

Your awareness of stages of sleep is heightened for some reason when we are younger. Being aware of sleep stages makes you suceptable to weird hallucinatory phenomana.
One of the main halluciantions is feeling a dark ominous presence...It is part of realizing REM and is normal believe it or not. There is much on the net and here on ATS about it if you look up "sleep paralysis".
There are stages of SP and you dont have to feel all the symptoms during the experience the one that stands out in everyones mind is the ominous presence. They have induced it in laboratory expereiments by stimulating parts of the brain and believe these halluciantions are responsible for anything from Alien abduction (cultural) to Incubus Succumbus attacts (religious)

Kristine

Oh and dont be so sure they have stopped mine started up again when I was 23 and I have used the experiences to purposely induce further states of awareness.

Sounds like your experiences werent too bad compared to what a heavy dose of sleep paralysis can do to a person that doesnt know what is happening to them

[edit on 7-6-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Oh my goodness. That sleep paralysis thing is so frightening!! YIKES!
I wonder if there is anyway to shake those things off. I know this is a bit off your topic here, but since it was brought up. If anyone knows of a way to shake that, please let me know. I HATE when that happens.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Oh my goodness. That sleep paralysis thing is so frightening!! YIKES!
I wonder if there is anyway to shake those things off. I know this is a bit off your topic here, but since it was brought up. If anyone knows of a way to shake that, please let me know. I HATE when that happens.

Look it up on ATS. We have discussed it many times...how to induce it, use it ease it or keep it from happening in the first place...Its all here...somewhere

kristine

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ask Jesus what it is. You may be suprised.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
funny how psychics and the likes get lumped into the wierd section easily

..anyway back to the point.

you say you were young. young people have no problem with talking to or hearing spirits, as they sometimes dont realise thats what it is. the lack of fear of such things at that age are a big factor in it.
we have all heard of storys where young kids claim to have special friends and things like it. my take is that it could be a spirit.

although always get a brainscan just incase

top topics

join