It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change in South Western Norway .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Howdy !

its really really unseasonably cold here for the past two or three days ..

and now ITS SNOWING REALLY REALLY HEAVILY RIGHT NOW . HELLO PEOPLE AND MOTHER NATURE ...

IS IT MID MAY OR MID DEC?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Could be effects from ash cloud.I have never been to Norway i just thought it was always cold there.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Did you happen to see the Spiral in the sky last December?
Have you had any problems with the Iceland volcanoes?
I just wonder how closely related this is?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
We've been feeling it here in the UK.

Not man-made Climate Change or "Global Warming", but rather the effects of a transitional Polar Vortex which has shifted average Wind Vectors from traditional Westerly Atlantic flows to Easterly Arctic/Siberian.

Were somewhat of a Canadian Maritime average climate now, with occasional interludes by fronts trying to break through the High Block out over the North Atlantic, but it's not going to go anytime soon. Even today here in Scotland and the Pennines near Manchester we saw Snow Showers.

Expect this coming Summer to be as bad as Spring is, and Winter to be similar to 2009 with lots of disruption and ice-days to look forward to, off the dry Easterly flows.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Could be effects from ash cloud.I have never been to Norway i just thought it was always cold there.

its usualy nice and warm here this time of year,

normal temps are about 50 to 65 F but not now .

as for our weather being caused by Iceland , its in my opinion could be related . id have to ash my teacher shes been here the whole time . and was here the last time iceland had a major eruption.

or it could be cause by teh fact that the earths axis is wabbly and that again folks is not normal.

or it could be the beginning of a huge climate shift . ( think day after tomorrow )

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This is exactly why I asked in the Eyjafjallajökul thread if the constant plume of ash could effect Europe's temperatures, my family also told me today they have huge hail and snow.

It also looks on the long range forecast (I know weather forecasts are difficult to predict) that it is going to get even cooler towards the end of the month!

The last thing we need now is a Katla eruption also.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Same with here in Ontario. First, no snow in winter. Now thats its spring, it snows.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Same with here in Ontario. First, no snow in winter. Now thats its spring, it snows.

totally nuts .

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here is a link to the average weather in your area.
www.wunderground.com...

The page's information displays that your area actually has been warmer. However, your "norm" is around 40 degrees. Perhaps I'm reading the chart incorrectly.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Did you happen to see the Spiral in the sky?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Here is a link to the average weather in your area.
www.wunderground.com...

The page's information displays that your area actually has been warmer. However, your "norm" is around 40 degrees. Perhaps I'm reading the chart incorrectly.

www.wunderground.com...

we are about 120 miles east of bergen and are a higher elevation that Bergen is but still its below the norm . even the locals say so who have been here for their entire lives .

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The weather seems to be strange every wheres. Even here in NC, we are getting strange weather. We had 95 degree weather last week, yesterday it was 60 degrees, and at night time the past 3 nights it has been down in the 40s. Where as last week it was high 70s at night. Not normal for spring weather, that is more like late June weather.

Later this week the 90s will be back again. On the other hand Northern California, and Oregon were hit by snow last night, that isn't normal. Maine was hit by snow last week. Once again, not normal, I lived in Maine for 30 years, that isn't normal for this time of the year.

new topics

top topics

join