It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are U.S. Doctors Allowing Female Genital Mutilation?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
AMA what does it stand for?

American Mutilation Association?

Let me ask everyone that wants Collectivism. WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO ADMIT that a society that controls everything, can enact ANYTHING.

DAMN it!

There is one law, to do no HARM to another or to not INFRINGE on their rights of LIFE, LIBERTY or PROPERTY!

Wake the frell up!

I am sorry, but you frelling freaks that think that the government and their agents protect ANYTHING are ignorant.

Welcome to the world of CONTROL.

I am getting sick and tired of CRAP like this, are you not HUMAN?

But what is best for the COLLECTIVE.

I am not BORG, I WILL NOT assimilate!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
AMA what does it stand for?

American Mutilation Association?

Let me ask everyone that wants Collectivism. WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO ADMIT that a society that controls everything, can enact ANYTHING.

DAMN it!

There is one law, to do no HARM to another or to not INFRINGE on their rights of LIFE, LIBERTY or PROPERTY!

Wake the frell up!

I am sorry, but you frelling freaks that think that the government and their agents protect ANYTHING are ignorant.

Welcome to the world of CONTROL.

I am getting sick and tired of CRAP like this, are you not HUMAN?

But what is best for the COLLECTIVE.

I am not BORG, I WILL NOT assimilate!

Don't you see you only have this attitude because you were not mutilated, oops, I mean circumcised, at birth? Not having that shock of terror and betrayal foisted on you by the huge beings surrounding you at the time allowed your mind to develop in a socially unacceptable manner and left you thinking for yourself.

Now admit it, thinking for yourself leaves you always feeling an outsider, never able to really belong to any group, and that makes you sad, nervous and antisocial. So trust us and we can make you happy again. First we just lop off half the nerves giving you sexual pleasure, then there's Prozac, and if that still doesn't work there's always shock treatment and Valium.

Put down your burden of individuality and you need never suffer loneliness, doubt or guilt again. Group-think will be all you need from now on.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Thanks, I am assuming you were being facetious or sarcastic.

This is the MENTALITY of the collective crap. What is good for the collective is good for the individual.

They can and do control the mindset of the collective.

It has been PROVEN that in GROUP THINK that they can make the group terrorize the individual using the group think model. If anyone wants links to studies I will give them. Of course, one such study had to be stopped. The study, using different college students, began to subjugate people to horrendous torture in only 6 days of a 14 day study.

I am beginning to WONDER if they will succeed in their endeavor.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 11/5/10 by Kailassa]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

They've been in on male genital mutilation since forever as well. Stupid christians doing a stupid jewish practice. I've been cut, and I'm not amused.

This crap needs to stop.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
circumcision? [*Snip*]!!
it is nothing like it.
they do it so the female can not enjoy sex!
so the female will not wont to go with any man.
just there husband...
it is the men who cheat any way.

and as for circumcision
you dont need it.
if from a very eraly age
you star pulinhg the fourskin back
you can clean it that way.
a doctore told me and I still do it to keep it clean.
I am british.
you dont need circumcision at all...

Mod note: removed profanity.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
We live where womens' pierced ears is the cultural norm, and is most often done when the child is too young to "remember the experience".

Why deny the similar cultural rights to others?

(/me playing devil's advocate here)

[edit on 5/11/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Thanks, I am assuming you were being facetious or sarcastic.

Good call.

This is the MENTALITY of the collective crap. What is good for the collective is good for the individual.

They can and do control the mindset of the collective.

Scary, isn't it.
Kristallnacht - how many of those insanely violent idiots were just kids who'd grown up on group think, and were carried away by the carefully built up momentum?

It has been PROVEN that in GROUP THINK that they can make the group terrorize the individual using the group think model. If anyone wants links to studies I will give them. Of course, one such study had to be stopped. The study, using different college students, began to subjugate people to horrendous torture in only 6 days of a 14 day study.

Yes, the Stanford Prison Experiment.

I am beginning to WONDER if they will succeed in their endeavor.

Thanks for the reply.

I've believed for a long time that circumcision at birth tends to hamper the development of individuality in that person later. The baby learns there is no escape from the horrors people can inflict on it, and will therefore grow up eager to fit in and placate their peers and authority.

It's not surprising this practice is advocated by a religion which also advocates parents stoning their disobedient children to death.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KailassaI've believed for a long time that circumcision at birth tends to hamper the development of individuality in that person later. The baby learns there is no escape from the horrors people can inflict on it, and will therefore grow up eager to fit in and placate their peers and authority. ....

So cutting off of the head, "cuts off the head"? Really?

A child learns there is no escape from the horrors when the child is old enough to understand the horrors and can't escape.

Let me ask you:
Ever burn your hand on a hot skillet or pot? Did you learn the lesson the first time? So, you've never been burned by something hot since the first time you were burned, right?

[edit on 5/11/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Let me ask you:
Ever burn your hand on a hot skillet or pot? Did you learn the lesson the first time? So, you've never been burned by something hot since the first time you were burned, right?

Not by purposefully touching things I knew were that hot, no ...

Why? Do you intentionally burn yourself?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i have 6 boys and believe me as they were born i thought long and hard about circumcision . Im not one to do something just because every one else does it.
stupid traditions should go the way of the dodo.
i watched my sister marry the first time and the smashing the cake in the face thing and watched as she cryed on her wedding day.
that one didnt get into my wedding even though every one yelled do it do it .
but the circumcision well after long and hard thought and reading all the books i could find on it I think the benefits of lesser chances of Veriee's daisies out waighes any sexy louse incurred besides sexual louse? im sniped and at 44 it still feels so great for a few minits i couldn't rember how to make fire lolol.
so if you say because your not its feals even better i think If that was i would drop dead from it being that good lol as for it making me more docial umm nope on that one to from a very young age I thought this is what I want even when told it was not normial .
heck a few years at 12 i wanted to be a cowboy country type this was not cowboys and indians so i get the boots hat pants frilly leather coat went every ware in it school were ever needless to say i stuck out lololol. aaa to be young again .
after that its was the i want to look devanair look i was going for so its was a golf style hat black slacks white shirt black coat over dressed to kill lol.
still like the hats lol finly i grew up and well wile i still like over dressing once in a wile ( its fun to see people act like whos taht guy were did he come from were can i get one lol mostly im just plan as the rest now lol but thats my choice not because if fite your idea of what dressing is

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's never going to happen,the doctors that are pro this "procedure" to appease immigrant cultural traditions should move to the immigrant country's with them and never comeback.

By law what they are proposing is mutilation of an infant and that means child abuse and that is punishable by law.

Unless they are to have the laws changed to appease "the cultural minority" that practice children mutilations then why not children sacrifices.

Is never going to happen, and those advocating for this should be stripped from their licenses to practice medicine in the US.

We need to get their names and start boycotting their practices.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
If these bits and pieces where an actual problem for our species, you'd think they'd have disappeared over the last few 100 thousand years? or from the religious aspect, if god demands these pieces are removed... why the hell did he create us with em in the first place!?.. which only goes to show we shouldn't be doing this either way.

Any 'benefit' or reason to do this to a male or female is purely a human construct... and we all know they tend to have nothing but ulterior motives behind em.

Thankfully my parents after getting my old brothers 'done' since it was just what was done back in the day as par of the course with new male babies, decided to not have it done ever again so Im as complete as I was the day I was popped out.

The female version however is light years more obscene than the male... the guy (and it would have been a guy obviously) who thought it up was one sick individual. I mean for crying out loud they sew the girl up tighter than a newts bum... all in the name of her virginity (read families honor) and that the male shes given to can be rest assured his new wifes 'untouched' (namely HIS honor).

Allowing a little snip sends no message what so ever to the nuts who still practice this archaic practice.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

There is a big different when "female circumcision is done" the Female area is cut off, this is to ensure that female sexual satisfaction is minimazed as only the husband have that right.

This goes back to the Prophet Mohammad that believe exposing a littler more the female area increase the pressure of both husband and wife.

Then the opposite happen while neither the Koran or the Bible said anything about FGM and only talks about male circumcision, The whole idea of removing or mutilating women's genital area was to "protect" young girls in the age of puberty their virginity for their husbands

So actually the actual mutilation is more recently practice that the modification during the Prophet Mohammad times.

It was never regarded as religous motivated but socialy motivated

[edit on 12-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It's never going to happen,the doctors that are pro this "procedure" to appease immigrant cultural traditions should move to the immigrant country's with them and never comeback.

Lol, you really believe the AMA care about pandering to immigrants?

They just want to have the extra money gained for performing yet another unnecessary operation.

It's "cut, baby, cut!"

By law what they are proposing is mutilation of an infant and that means child abuse and that is punishable by law.

What the AMA is proposing does not remove any tissue, unlike male circumcision. And the government or courts have never objected to male circumcision, have they?

Unless they are to have the laws changed to appease "the cultural minority" that practice children mutilations then why not children sacrifices.

Never watched Alex Jones video from Bohemian Grove?
I wouldn't put child sacrifice and worse past TPTB.

Is never going to happen, and those advocating for this should be stripped from their licenses to practice medicine in the US.

Just like they are for practising circumcision on baby boys ...

We need to get their names and start boycotting their practices.

We need to keep ourselves healthy and lesson our dependence on the arrogant drug pushers who pass as doctors in our society.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

like you said is all about money, that is what capitalism is, actually the whole idea of removing a littler bit of the female genital area was to increase the pleasure of husband and wife during the Mohamed times as he was very much into the part of the Koran that talks about husband and wife pleasures.

Then something happen, those that were doing the mutilations started to cut too much and discovered that sexual pleasure was minimized on their victims, this brought another purpose for the practice

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

There is a big different when "female circumcision is done" the Female area is cut off, this is to ensure that female sexual satisfaction is minimazed as only the husband have that right.

There are various types of female circumcision. In Indonesia it's just a symbolic scratch to the clitoral hood given in a ritual. There is a full spectrum of procedures from the symbolic scratch to full infibulation where the clitorus and labia are removed and the area sewn up.

This goes back to the Prophet Mohammad that believe exposing a littler more the female area increase the pressure of both husband and wife.

You mean pleasure?

Reading what Mohammed is reported to have said, I believe he has been misinterpreted.

It seems to me Mohammed did not fully approve of circumcision, but knew it was so entrenched a custom he could not prevent it. So, instead, he recommended mitigating it.

He was not saying that cutting increased the pleasure. He was saying that cutting less increased the pleasure for the husband.

Then the opposite happen while neither the Koran or the Bible said anything about FGM and only talks about male circumcision, The whole idea of removing or mutilating women's genital area was to "protect" young girls in the age of puberty their virginity for their husbands

So actually the actual mutilation is more recently practice that the modification during the Prophet Mohammad times.

It was never regarded as religous motivated but socialy motivated

It's an ancient practice done to make women and slaves more valuable, by making them more likely to be obedient and chaste. And yes, the tradition is part of a culture, and originally not religiously based at all.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Yes, is interesting how women around the world and in different cultures become victims due to traditions.

Sad but truth, we are the Goddesses of the earth, but males throughout the ages seems to hate that thought, so there came female oppression.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I feel the same way about cutting a female child as I do a male child.

Don't do it.

I have 3 boys and 1 girls, none of them cut. My wife and I read quite a lot before making our choice to not circumcise our boys, and the more literature that comes out the more ridiculous it seems.

Basically, we have been doing a medical procedure for hundreds of years and now are basically putting out medical justification after the fact. Those cases can be made, frivolously at best, about anything (even female mutilation if that was the fashionable thing the do). They do make a lot of money on Erectile Dysfunction though (which would practically disappear without circumcision.

If my boys want to be circumcised when they grow up, so be it. They are more than capable of making that choice for themselves.

I was not given that choice.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Any form of circumcision is the height of silliness, there is absolutely no benefit in it what so ever....NONE. It is a tradition that is thankfully dying out. Most children born these days will not get circumcised, common sense finally prevails.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join