It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tingling feeling between eyebrows. You can feel it too!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Ever since I was a little kid, if I pointed something sharp at the spot between my eyebrows, I'd feel this weird pressure / tingly sensation. The feeling would get stronger as the object I point at it got closer, and weaker as I pulled back the object. As special as it sounds, I've asked my cousin about this and he can feel the same thing. I've also asked a few friends in the past about it, and they also can feel it.. also had a couple people laugh and say they couldn't feel anything, haha.. but I think anyone can feel this sensation to a degree if they try.

You might look like a total jackass doing this, but you are in the comfort of your room by yourself (maybe). Awkwardness aside, grab a sharp object (pen, pencil, fork, etc.), and position it laterally in front of the area between your eyebrows about 1 foot away. Move it slowly closer and closer, and you might feel that sensation that I was talking about. Flat objects and fingers seem to be the least effective to induce the feeling; metal objects seem the most effective.

It's pretty crazy, because this is a totally unique sensation. It's not painful, and it doesn't feel like muscle tension at all; it's just this strange sharp heaviness. Sometimes I can also feel the same sensation on the whole front of my neck when I'm trying to go to sleep or if I think about it.. that can get rather annoying. ANYWAYS, I understand that people may also get the same sensations during meditation. Is it the third eye chakra that is causing this? Is there some third eye field that we are "disturbing" when we put sharp objects near this area? I'm making a rather big stretch when I say this, but perhaps this is proof for anyone that the third eye exists!

Now, if you didn't feel anything when you tried the experiment, try and believe that you'll feel something.. maybe that will help.

Another thing, I've learned to induce the feeling at will just by thinking about it.

Share your experiences!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, my dear friend, there has been many threads about a situation like yours. I think it's pretty safe to say it has something to do with the Ajna-chakra indeed, because we can now rule all kinds of tumors, sinus infections etc. right out since it's happening so frequently.

Your post put a smile on my face; the youth is indeed waking up.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It doesn't need to be sharp, either. Your finger will produce the same sensation.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
its just some kind of auto reaction like the uncontrolable blinking when you move your finger to your eye or hear a loud noise or even knowing your about to hear a loud noise.
could be wrong though, wont be the first time either.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I've felt it off and on when just sitting or driving and so has my wife.

I never tried to use an object to instigate this, and to be honest I wasn't sure what was happening. It has been going on for over seven years now, among...other things.

At first I was beginning to consider that something was draining energy right from my forehead.

I am still unclear about this.

- Lee

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've been doing this since I was a kid too. I don't think it is anything special though. The thing that I think is cool is that if I am able to get this sensation to be strong enough, I can feel the sensation move up to the tip top of my head; so I end up feeling it in my forehead and my scalp!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So I heard sharp metal object, so I grabbed a knife. Did the experiment, felt the pressure, opened my eyes, and thanks to you, i stabbed myself in between my eyes.

NAH NAH. I'm just kidding! hahaah. No for real though, I did feel pressure as the knife got closer, and no worries, I did not sustain any injuries. About the third eye thing. When I meditate I can feel the 3rd eye area being stimulated. It's a good feeling.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
So I heard sharp metal object, so I grabbed a knife. Did the experiment, felt the pressure, opened my eyes, and thanks to you, i stabbed myself in between my eyes.

lol, I knew I was setting myself up for this

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is the third-eye chakra, the sensation you feel with an object is a disruption/amplification/change in the energy flowing through your bio-field.

Look up '___': The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Strassman if you would like to learn all about the Pineal Gland, which is the organ in the center of your brain from which this field emanates.

Congratulations on taking a first step toward spiritual enlightenment!

Peace and Love.

Namaste.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
How about putting a blindfold on, and then have a friend move the object closer and further away. Meanwhile, you describe if the sensation is stronger or weaker. If this experiment verifies what you describe, I will be much more willing to entertain interesting explanations for this phenomenon. Until then, I am staying skeptical. Please do report back if you try to give objective credence to your claim....

Best,
SN

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
How about putting a blindfold on, and then have a friend move the object closer and further away. Meanwhile, you describe if the sensation is stronger or weaker. If this experiment verifies what you describe, I will be much more willing to entertain interesting explanations for this phenomenon. Until then, I am staying skeptical. Please do report back if you try to give objective credence to your claim....

Best,
SN

Good idea! Have you actually tried the experiment I described in my original post yet to see if you yourself can feel it?

Originally posted by UrbanShaman

Congratulations on taking a first step toward spiritual enlightenment!

This is far from my first step

I worded my original post to have a bit of mainstream flair and appeal instead of sounding too personal / wordy. Personally, I already believed this to be the third eye chakra being 'disturbed'. The pineal gland has also fascinated me for a while now, and having mine "open up" completely is something I greatly wish for someday! I'll look into that book, also.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by free_form]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
lol double post

[edit on 11-5-2010 by free_form]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I just tried this with the pointy end of an old paintbrush I keep around to gnaw on (lol, don't ask). My eyes were shut and my aim was a little off, and I felt a tingling two inches above the meeting part of my eyebrows. Thinking I was doing it wrong because I was pointing directly between my eyes (or so I thought) I proceeded to move the brush forward until it touched my skin. It landed where I had the tingle, not where I thought I was aiming. So in short, the tingle was right on track. Now I have a warm sensation there.

This is exactly the same feeling I often get in my entire right leg when I'm trying to get to sleep. I refer to it as a rollercoaster effect, because it makes me feel like my nerves are "floating," just like how my forehead feels right now.

This is awesome. I need to get my boyfriend to blindfold me and try this out.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by invetro

This is awesome. I need to get my boyfriend to blindfold me and try this out.

....hmm, I'm not even going to go there, lol.

Best,
SN

P.S. Sounds like fun

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hi Free Form,

Yes, it is indeed your 3rd eye chakra, this is the chakra that allows us to percieve outside the realm of normal perception and it's a gateway directly to ourselves in the higher dimensions. People who focus on this chakra transition between their ego and their "higher self"

It is dangerous to meditate or focus on this chakra without first balancing the initial lower chakra's as you can open yourself up to influences and perceptions that can be extremely frightening and uncomfortable without guidance. If one rushes to open this chakra they will find themselves transitioning between two people, one is the illusory ego and the other is a higher form of themselves and this can be very uncomfortable and even dangerous if one is not aware of the illusory aspects of the ego. Schizophrenia can also be the result in which there is literally two people within a person and they are caught in the middle without having an "I" to hold on to.

The reason we balance the lower chakras first is that when they are working well we are in a state of love and we have shed the ego, we are then completely safe to open this chakra and enter the universal consciousness in a state of unconditional love and as a part of our true self.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
acne and pimples between the eyebrows means you have a liver dysfunction/ its under heavy stress,

as for the other "third eye" metaphores , trepanning used to be made in to the forhead so that old blood from your infant days could be let out thus bringing more oxygen for you brain and thus enhancing your blood circulation , its even been rumored that "high" magicans use this method to achive the third eye ,

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiden12

Schizophrenia can also be the result in which there is literally two people within a person and they are caught in the middle

Actually, Wikipedia tells us that

"Schizophrenia" does not mean dissociative identity disorder—formerly and still widely known as "multiple personalities"—despite the etymology of the word.

In schizophrenia, the mind is more like shattered, the ability to "hold on" is lost.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
hi, always since i was a kid ive known of and experimented this feeling. i never knew what was, or if other people could feel it too, until today. just for curiosity i typed "metal between eyebrows" on google, and it came up with this post where it is explained exactly. i discovered that the biggest the metal, the stronger the feeling. i remember once, as a kid, sitting in front of a scooter, with the handle on my forehead, i had the feeling for hours. it even started to be annoying. so please if somebody knows more about this thing that has always intrigued me, or what should i be doing with this, dont doubt to email me with more info. [email protected]
thanks
diego

edit on 15-10-2010 by diegsfb because: short of explanation

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I think mine is broke.. I feel nothing.

Man I never get to be cool

top topics

<<   2 >>

join