It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the age 27 a curse for super famous musicians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Robert Johnson (the founder of rock n roll.), Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, and Kurt Cobain.

Did they give their soul and 27 is the age that Satan collects? Or just a coincidence? If it is just coincidence its Strange though.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I know what you mean. Pretty scary to see there musicians passing at the same age, 27. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

Dead at 27 - The Darkest Myth in Rock and Roll

Three music related conspiracy threads in a row I see. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I think it's a coincidence.

Afterall, you have the Rolling Stones, "Sympathy for the Devil."

Those guys are all way into their 60's. Maybe the devil doesn't want the competition in hell!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

I think it's a coincidence.

Afterall, you have the Rolling Stones, "Sympathy for the Devil."

Those guys are all way into their 60's. Maybe the devil doesn't want the competition in hell!

Maybe because they had sympathy for him he let them live, LOL
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Maybe there is no coincidence, but I would not say Satan or some other supernatural force is a factor.

Many rock stars followed a similar career path. They got into music when they are teenagers. They began seriously pursuing their music in their late teens working small clubs. By their early twenties they work their way up to getting signed by a major label and started living the rock and roll lifestyle of sex, drugs, and excess.

The human mind and body can only tolerate so many years of the rock and roll lifestyle, at which point it breaks down. This break down point may come at or near the age of 27 for many rockers.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Maybe there is no coincidence, but I would not say Satan or some other supernatural force is a factor.

Many rock stars followed a similar career path. They got into music when they are teenagers. They began seriously pursuing their music in their late teens working small clubs. By their early twenties they work their way up to getting signed by a major label and started living the rock and roll lifestyle of sex, drugs, and excess.

The human mind and body can only tolerate so many years of the rock and roll lifestyle, at which point it breaks down. This break down point may come at or near the age of 27 for many rockers.

Your probably right. But its just strange how Robert Johnson was the first and he sold his soul to the devil for guitar playing abilities.

I'm a converted christian but I still think its interesting.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

What about Ozzy Osbourne? Aerosmith? Guns n' Roses? Mötley Crüe? Those guys lived really excessive, did every # and still are all live today (Well, Ozzy does look like a Zombie, but i think he is still alive
)

But just for the fun of it: Both Nikki Sixx and Slash died from drug overdoses and were revived. Both were around 27 when it happened...

top topics

join