It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Field trip for black students sparks controversy at Ann Arbor elementary school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Field trip for black students sparks controversy at Ann Arbor elementary school

www.annarbor.com

An Ann Arbor elementary school principal used a letter home to parents tonight to defend a field trip for black students as part of his school’s efforts to close the achievement gap between white and black students.

Dicken Elementary School Principal Mike Madison wrote the letter to parents following several days of controversy at the school after a field trip last week in which black students got to hear a rocket scientist.

“In hindsight, this field trip could have been approached and arranged in a better way," Madison wrote. "But as I reflect upon the look of excitement, enthusia
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
newsone.com

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm surprised that this incident is even being investigated at all. These kinds of things happen all of the time but if this group of students were white, or maybe even latino, the organizer would have been arrested and there would be a mob of protesters leaded by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. If this group of students were white, there would be no need for an investigation because they all would have been guilty by even the thought of such a thing. There would be no chance of trying to justify such a thing.

I'm all for freedom and liberty. If you want a blacks only field trip, then you should definitely be able to do it. However, my problem lies with the hypocrisy. Had this been a white group, there would be heads rolling and it would be headline news. Why is there such a double standard? What happened to us?

--airspoon

www.annarbor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hello there. Please continue the discussion on the previous thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

new topics

join