It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drifting satellite threatens US cable programming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Drifting satellite threatens US cable programming

www.breitbart.com

A TV communications satellite is drifting out of control thousands of miles above the Earth, threatening to wander into another satellite's orbit and interfere with cable programming across the United States, the satellites' owners said Tuesday.
Communications company Intelsat said it lost control of the Galaxy 15 satellite on April 8, possibly because the satellite's systems were knocked out by a solar storm. Intelsat cannot remotely steer the satellite to remain in its orbit, so Galaxy 15 is creeping toward the adjacent path of another TV communications satellite that serves U.S. cable
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Oh no! Looks like one out of control satellite may find itself in another satellite's orbit which can potentially interfere with TV programming. Imagine if within 2 weeks people can't watch their CNN or FOX!

Something's going to happen with this satellite (I'm guessing knocking out transmissions), they are just trying to hold things to a minimum.

- The article only mentions the impact on the US.
- Just Breaking. Will update.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is the false flag right here people. No tv for 2 weeks will surely lead to civil unrest. I can't imagine what people may do without tv. Maybe read a book or commit a crime, it doesn't look good regardless. Hold on tight.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
oh noes I won't be able to watch american idol

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yep. Totally planned so we won't be able to see something.

The 'what' is the question.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Yep. Those Luxemburgians are plotting against the US. The citizens will surely revolt in trying to uphold their constitution and Cable TV

@muse- You shouldn't be sad about that at all. This satellite is a God-send in that respect.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, you can always watch streaming programs via internet...

If not, there is always radio. Or going out for a walk...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Good, its nice out, its spring, more reason for people to get out side and do something rather than stuck inside.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thank God. I hope it takes out some Tesla weapons.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I wonder has this got anything to do with my o2 network being down on my phone, not only mine, everyone in my city i think, my brother lives about 5 miles away and his is down aswel.

I cant text or call anyone

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Uhhh, guys...

No conspiracy here, just a bad solar storm.

But that doesn't diminish the seriousness of this: if the disabled satellite hits another, there will be a debris cloud of hundreds if not thousands of new pieces of of metal and plastic endagering who knows how many other satellites.

Let's hope it misses, or there'll be a dangerous mess up there.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I know you don't think so, but just enjoy being unreachable. It doesn't happen often and there are certainly ways of taking advantage of it.

-----------------------

To the Rest:

Well shut down the shuttle program a bit prematurely eh? How you gonna fix it now NASA?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Unless you have inside knowledge you can't claim one way or another that there is no conspiracy. Deny ignorance, question everything!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sounds like a perfect test for the little hunter killer USV(Unmanned space vehicle) running around up there.

Maybe its armed with new positronic warheads. A 1 milligram warhead should suffice. My math might be off but I think 1 milligram should equal about 20 tons of TNT.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Rogue satellite!

T2:

The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Sounds eerily similar:
www.foxnews.com...

HBO Out? Blame Out of Control Satellite Miles Above Earth

Galaxy 15 continues to receive and transmit satellite signals, and they will probably overlap and interfere with signals from the second satellite, known as AMC 11, if Galaxy 15 drifts into its orbit as expected around May 23, according to the two satellite companies.

AMC 11 receives digital programming from cable television channels and transmits it to all U.S. cable networks from its orbit 22,000 miles above the equator, SES World Skies said. It operates on the same frequencies as Galaxy 15.

He said Galaxy 15 was highly unusual because it continued to send out television signals, unlike other malfunctioning satellites that automatically went into complete shutdown when their navigational systems malfunctioned. A spokesman for the satellite's manufacturer, Orbital Sciences Corp., did not return a phone call seeking comment.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I read that the SyFy channel might be affected by this.

If it means fewer SyFy Original Movies, we can all breathe a little easier.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Or it could just be some hacker.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Delphiki]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Communication satellites also carry some internet and telephone communications. The possibility of having tv ,phone and internet down,would be a great time for a government coup. Sure wouldn't be able to see what they were up to,or tell anyone if you did see something.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Not sure a couple of TV channels going down (like in this case) can result in the perfect chance for a military coup. But if those perfect circumstances ever presented themselves it would defintely be a good time for a false flag event.

Didn't some conspiracy theorists in 2006 say that the August power outage on the East Coast was a test to see how the people would react? Wouldn't put something like that past TPTB.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join