It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston teacher fired for beating student in class

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Good for her, we need more teachers beating the crap out of students when they step out of line. It's about time the kids start worrying about their safety instead of having teachers afraid for their safety because they can't do anything to enforce discipline in the classroom. She get's a star from me, and the little (insert favorite curse word here) finally got what he deserved, hopefully it'll be a wake up to him and he'll think twice before acting like a little punk again.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
reply to post by sickofitall2012

my question is why are there mentally challenged in public schools to begin with? if the parents cant take it upon them selves to send the child to a special private school. They should be locked up and their child put up for adoption. This way more wealthy people who all seek children can adopt the child and give it a better life then what these neglectful parents are doing to destroy this childs life.

Jesus christ I hope you're joking, locking up a parent and taking their children because they can't afford to go to a better school?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Since I'm in school getting my bachelor's degree right now to be a high school teacher I thought I should chime in. First off, special ed students are placed in regular rooms as forms of inclusion. Sometimes it's what the parents want, sometimes it's what the school recommends, etc. Not all special needs students need to be locked in a room all day. Secondly, the teacher is an idiot. If I ever found out an adult put their hands on my 13 year old CHILD, then I'd be pretty pissed off. Let's all put the child's age into context. He probably just barely hit puberty. You can't expect a young mind to make mature choices all the time. He's a KID for crying out loud. The parents should definitely give a firm ass whoopin at home, but at school that was handled improperly. I hope the teacher gets her ass kicked.

edit - To all the people saying he deserved it, I hope you remember the things you did and said at 13 years old.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by newBodyoldSoul]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
Since I'm in school getting my bachelor's degree right now to be a high school teacher I thought I should chime in. First off, special ed students are placed in regular rooms as forms of inclusion. Sometimes it's what the parents want, sometimes it's what the school recommends, etc. Not all special needs students need to be locked in a room all day. Secondly, the teacher is an idiot. If I ever found out an adult put their hands on my 13 year old CHILD, then I'd be pretty pissed off. Let's all put the child's age into context. He probably just barely hit puberty. You can't expect a young mind to make mature choices all the time. He's a KID for crying out loud. The parents should definitely give a firm ass whoopin at home, but at school that was handled improperly. I hope the teacher gets her ass kicked.

edit - To all the people saying he deserved it, I hope you remember the things you did and said at 13 years old.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by newBodyoldSoul]

He did deserve it, just not from the teacher, who should never punish a student with beatings.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Your statement about public schools being connected to a parent abusing their child is the ignorant.. I hope that private school did not mold your views

[edit on 13-5-2010 by MandBB]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

First, you might want to read a thing or two about public and charter schools before you start painting with such broad strokes. Special needs kids have been going to both for quite some time, it's nothing new so your seeming surprise at this "news" makes you look somewhat uninformed. I have a friend who teaches eighth grade math and he has an inclusion class with about 15 special needs students in it - extremely bright kids who simply have some developmental disabilities. Yet my friend has found ways to teach these kids everything from trig to pre-calculus. I find your assertion that they should be shipped off to a private school or the parents locked up offensive.

It usually takes a lot for someone on ATS to actually make me angry, but the sheer volume of your ignorant drivel is definitely trying my patience.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Legion2112]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join