It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Taped Kicking Latino Man In Head, Pledging To ‘Beat The Mexican Piss’ Out Of Him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

On April 17th, the Seattle Police Department’s gang unit responded to a 911 call made by a man who claimed that he was robbed by four Latino men with a machete. One of those officers who responded to the call detained a Latino male suspect, threatened to “beat the [expletive] Mexican piss out” of him, and kicked him in the head. The suspect was later released after police confirmed that he had nothing to do with the alleged robbery.

A video that a freelance photographer caught of incident is starting to garner widespread attention. Watch it:
Since the video aired on a local Fox News station last Thursday, the violating officer who was filmed kicking the Latino suspect in the head, Detective Shandy Cobane, has since issued a tearful apology. The victim has yet to emerge to file a complaint, possibly because he is undocumented and unaware of his rights.

Disturbingly, a local civil rights group told the local Fox News station that such incidents happen “much more than people realize.” The most recent data from the Office of Professional Accountability shows that 12 percent of all Seattle police contacts from last year — 176 complaints — involved allegations of “serious misconduct” which led to full investigations. Excessive force is the most common complaint, but those complaints have also declined since 2007. Nonetheless, offenses committed against undocumented immigrants are likely to go unreported.
Video and continued story

I'm at work so I can't watch this but feel free to share your thoughts.

P.S. I looked for this here and didn't find anything so in the event this is covered already please correct me and I'll get this thread closed.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Crossfate]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I need to do some more digging on this but as I recall the guy that was assaulted is actually currently in the military. I will also say that my dealings with the SPD have been less than impressive. What these fools did is inexcusable.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Add this to the endless run of police crimes. If true this policeman should be in jail.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
why were the cops there to begin with?
Hmmm oh yeah
Seattle Police Department’s gang unit responded to a 911 call made by a man who claimed that he was robbed by four Latino men with a machete

Ever live in a sancturary city where illegals can do no wrong?

seattle and it's cops over all love illegals; this is a fluke and RARE
wonder what the suspected criminal said or did to set the cop off?

He was just prolly a nice illegal alien bystander doing work citizens won't do huh.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

It doesn't matter what they were responding to. I don't actually have a problem with someone in the heat of the moment spouting something stupid, or even being a bit rough with a suspect, but in this case the guy was prone on the ground. Had been for awhile when they were kicking him. If he had been resisting or struggling i could understand employing a little pain compliance but he really wasn't being a threat.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I must admit you're basicly right, cops need to show more restraint no matter what but
did you see the attitude all over the guy at the end,
he must have ticked 'em/cops off real bad
they don't get That upset over nothing!

[edit on 11-5-2010 by AmericanDaughter]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Im surprised the police thought he was an illegal even though he was speaking plain english to the video camera guy at the end there. That was a ridiculous thing to do to him, I hope they send that poor excuse of a police officer to jail to be somebodies girlfriend.

[edit on 09/23/2009 by D3nyIgnorance]

[edit on 09/23/2009 by D3nyIgnorance]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I know we all have different opinions on issues like illegal immigration and what exactly constitutes police brutality, but some things are clearly wrong. This is one of them. I cannot see how any of us can have any sort of debate.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I don't think there is anything debateable (sp) on this, it was outright wrong, the kick to the head the stomping of his back legs, and the outright racial remark, this officer and his female companion are definately Not Police officers they are scum

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Already posted. Here. Mods seem to have me on ignore thought

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is disgusting. No human should be treated like this. Even if he was an illegal he shouldn't have been treated like this. It is a LEO's duty to be the bigger man (or woman for our Lady LEO's)and to try to solve a problem in the most non-violent way possible.

top topics

join