It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopi Prophecy Seventh Sign Coming True?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

What I am hinting at is the fact that we as people tend to sensationalize "end times" into being our current time period. I am not going to get into a discussion of Christianity in this thread, but below is a link to a list of "end of world" dates that goes back from 44 A.D. forward.

www.bible.ca...

We always tend to think our time is the coming of the Rapture. If we look back to European Renaissance and all the changes that took place, it would seem (for those people during the time) the end was approaching. I'm not ruling out the possibility of now being the end times, but pointing out the fact that our own ideas and thoughts cloud our objectivity. Especially when it comes to a site like ATS where we all are a bit nuts. Some more than others.

When I see threads like this though, it proves my point that we are looking at what is happening in OUR civilizations era. In the big scheme of things, the roughly 500 years or so European involvement in the Americas has had any major proven impact is minuscule compared to how long people have been on the Earth, or how long the Earth has been around for that matter.

The saddest thing is how excited some people are that these "prophecies" are "coming true." It is always clearly pointed out that end time prophecies = death and destruction. Some include times of peace and prosperity, but after turbulent times of mass death. That sense of pessimism is awful.

I remember reading news stories of how people were depressed after watching Avatar and wishing they could live on a planet like Pandora. How people were actually being medicated depressed. Pandora has nothing on ATS at times.

-Sliadon

[edit on 5/12/2010 by Sliadon]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by starshift
Could this be immigrants from Mexico coming into America after a specific event? The True White Brother could be the NWO.

Unless the NWO is about peace, balance & harmony of body, mind, spirit & Earth, I don't believe the True White Brother is the NWO.

Someone who is your 'brother' is your 'kin-folk': one related to another by common ties or interests.

White probably refers to purity or peace or good.

True meaning not cloaked or putting on a front.

IF that applies in this case, THEN I would say a True White Brother is someone who is peaceful/pure/good at the very root of his being who is congruent/synchronized with the teachings of the Hopi Tribe and 'getting back in-touch' with the needs of the land.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Ya we can all read into what they represent, but are you saying that they were written as said long before "the white man" came to America? I still say they read as after the fact and not some Hopi Prophecy from long ago.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I have no comment on when they were written, as I have no idea. I have been seeing them around from time to time for quite awhile now.

What I was saying is that they have been fulfilled since 1979, when skylab burned in, and I was commenting on what each prediction was as there seems to be some debate about that throughout the thread.

For example, the oil spills have to do with WWII attacks on shipping as it has to come before the hippies of the 1960-70’s, and not the current oil spill as mentioned in the OP.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Re Dolphins swimming under the oil HOW many oil slicks have we had over the years and obviously the sealife will have swam under the oil before so you are really stretching things a bit are you not!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon
reply to post by dragnet53

The saddest thing is how excited some people are that these "prophecies" are "coming true." It is always clearly pointed out that end time prophecies = death and destruction. Some include times of peace and prosperity, but after turbulent times of mass death. That sense of pessimism is awful.

I remember reading news stories of how people were depressed after watching Avatar and wishing they could live on a planet like Pandora. How people were actually being medicated depressed. Pandora has nothing on ATS at times.

-Sliadon

[edit on 5/12/2010 by Sliadon]

All I want is change and the way we are going it is just going to get worse. The only way we can fix things is a "reset" button pressed. There is just too much chaos. I don't want it too happen but seriously society and governments have failed!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

.....but this has happened many times before? .. In fact, this isn't even in the top 20 yet..

Had ye posted this in 1991 when Iraq committed on purpose the largest oil spill in history.. sure, I mighta believed you. But then again, the world didn't end then either.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Just wanted to say, nice thread Op.

2nd line.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I also think the ninth sign is actually ISS, since SkyLab and Mir have already crashed but WE ARE STILL HERE

So, watch out for that ISS - if one day you wake up and see a blue "star" falling down ... get ready.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I have been lurking around abit the past year or so, always desiring to learn, take in info/wisdom, and get a feel for this site before posting. I have found it extremely hard not to jump in many times lately..hehe I think after five years of my own personal awakening and research I am ready to hop in on my first post here! I love this topic and I want to thank the op for this thread! I have been very fascinated by the Hopi, and Natives of all continents for some time now. To me they are the true nature children who have alot to say about truth and reality. I hope this doesn't sound weird for it being my first post here, but I think they are sort of like the elves of folklore, and fictional literature.. They seem to be full of knowledge and the true guardians of a wealth of wisdom, truth, spiritual awareness, and in tune with nature way beyond most of us on Earth.. Of course this is just my feelings on the matter.. Thanks for the thread and hooray for my first post to this great site!

Respect to All

-Startruth

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Doubt this oil spill is the 7th sign

There have been far larger oil spills in the past

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Jones

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

... internet

Or electrical power grid.

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

...?

Most likely the roads network, rivers of stone being asphalt. I only say this, because there is a road near where I live called Black River, so I see the parity.

ETA: Already answered, sorry.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Like I have said in an earlier post I have always been intrigued by the return of the white brother.

The transformed elder brother, the True White Brother, will wear a red cloak or a red cap, similar to the pattern on the back of a horned toad. He will bring no religion but his own, and will bring with him the Tiponi tablets. He will be all-powerful; none will be able to stand against him. He will come swiftly, and in one day gain control of this entire continent. It is said, "If he comes from the East, the destruction will not be so bad. But if he comes from the West, do not get up on your housetops to see because he will have no mercy."
"The True White Brother will bring with him two great, intelligent and powerful helpers, one of whom will have a sign of a swastika (a masculine symbol of purity), and the sign of the sun. The second great helper will have the sign of a celtic cross with red lines (representing female life blood) between the arms of the cross."

We should discuss the Celtic Cross… Red lines, could this be the St George’s Flag (England’s National flag, not to be confused with the Union Jack)
The St Georges’s cross is the Red Cross. This was also similar to that used by the Knights Templar who travelled the world on the Crusades (they gained secret knowledge didn’t they? Are they to return when the time is right?) Or could it be the return of King Arthur? The St George’s cross could come into play here… read the legend, it is of Celtic descent…

More interesting tidbits…

Hopi website:
hopi.org...
If we care maybe we can help?

Chief Dan Evehema, have you heard of him before? Learn who was…

Hotevilla, Arizona: Chief Dan Evehema died on January 15, 1999 at the age of 108. He was a spiritual leader, Snake Priest, Society Father and Eldest Elder of the Traditional Hopi Nation -- a culture more than 22,000 years old. Chief Dan was deeply involved in a visit to the United Nations by Hopi Elders. He was the co-author of Hotevilla Shrine of the Covenant and Hopi Survival Kit and co author of Techqua Ikachi, the Traditional Hopi Newsletters. The statement below was his last formal teaching which he was anxious to communicate to as many people as possible.

www.nativevillage.org...

Learn more:
www.google.co.uk...

Read what the Hopi Nation has tried to tell the United Nations:
www.google.co.uk...

Do you know there are big links with regards to UFO’s… think of where their reservation is… Arizona… Was Area 55 around before them? Hee, hee… Hopi's were made for ATS... I love the Hopi Nation!!
www.google.co.uk...

So much to read and learn, I love it, I love it.

Peace.

(and remember… look after your pineal gland, you need it in good working order)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Firstly, I have to say this. #8 is not hippies. Why? Because Hippies did not go and live with the Indians and learn their ways. In fact, the hippies were about God and peace. Nothing to do with Indians. Most hippies were picketing, instead of trying to learn how to live off the land, I hate to say it but they had nothing to do with the Indians.

As for the white brother, this is a way of describing everything good, the brother that would come, would be good in every way possible (purity, love. kindness,ect)

Now for the 7th sign, You need to realize that the Hopi were talking about their lands and their oceans. Not over seas. (So far the news has already stated this is the worst oil spill ever that the US has ever had, on top of that its still going)

There is a book called She who remembers my advice would be to read this book before jumping to conclusions, it will show you how the Indians thought. If the Hopis had been speaking of other lands they would have spoken that, they did not. They spoke of their land.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

... internet

More like, "CHEMTRAILS"

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I vote Mir for 9.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1f8df43589b.jpg[/atsimg]

guardian.co.uk

And Hippies for 8

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95657c4ba311.jpg[/atsimg]

wikipedia.org

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

As for the white brother, this is a way of describing everything good, the brother that would come, would be good in every way possible (purity, love. kindness,ect)

No, I think you are slighty wrong… the different coloured corn represented the different races (I hate race as a word… it represented the different skin groups, the different shades of humanity)

The Hopi call themselves the People of Peace.
They believe that someday man
will live in peace and harmony
with himself and the world about him.
Four ears of corn, hung one above the other,
stand for the four races of men
and the order in which each race
shall come to search for that yearned-for peace.
First, at the bottom, the red ear;
next, the white,
then the black,
and finally, highest and last,
the yellow.

www.waltsan.com...

Now for the 7th sign, You need to realize that the Hopi were talking about their lands and their oceans.

This open to interpretation… I believe there is enough information to suggest they were taking a world view. Yes the, visions would have been influenced by their own surroundings but they definitely spoke with a world view.

I’ve read elsewhere that “All races will intermarry and speak one tongue and be a family.” This also interests me… struggling to find the direct quote at the moment...

Peace.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress
Firstly, I have to say this. #8 is not hippies. Why? Because Hippies did not go and live with the Indians and learn their ways.

Being a hippie had nothing to do with being rebellious. Native Americans would say it's tafunka (a way of life). It's a matter of respect. Respect for others and their rights to be who they are. Respect for the Earth and all that dwell on it. It's even a respect for yourself. Allowing yourself to be who you are.

I'm not real sure when you might say I became a hippie. It kind of snuck up on me. There is a strong possibility I was a hippie years before I knew it. When I was a kid in Cub Scouts I was a member of something called Indian guide. We actually sat around in a circle wearing head bands with feathers and our fathers taught us the Indian ways. Later in the Boy Scouts I joined The Order of the Arrow which was another group dedicated to Indian ways. We learned conservation and respect for nature. When we camped, we always left the place cleaner than it was when we came. It was probably during this time period that I first heard the term Mother Earth. I was never a hunter. I could never bring myself to kill another living thing for sport. I've always had this thing about the mistreatment of animals and a strong fascination for nature.

Its kind of like some bikers, they feel that they relate back to being American Indians in some of their philosophies/lifestyles, even if they do not specifically go spend time on a reservation learning from the Indians. Most Native Americans that I know consider both the hippies and bikers to be sort of a poser version of being true Native Americans. They espouse some of the philosophies and lifestyle components, but not the true Native American Religion. Some might even emulate aspects of the religion, but they do not truly understand it, nor are they sufficiently trained in it such as true Medicine Man/Elder/Chief.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

"These are the Signs that great destruction is coming. The world shall rock to and fro. The white man will battle against other people in other lands -- with those who possessed the first light of wisdom. There will be many columns of smoke and fire such as White Feather has seen the white man make in the deserts not far from here. Only those which come will cause disease and a great dying.

Erm...

Nuclear weapons spring to mind.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

Hi just thought I'd say they rivers of stone could be highways and bridges that make shadows(picutres) when it's sunny.

Just a thought..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join