It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopi Prophecy Seventh Sign Coming True?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dredge

That could be a possibility, but the last prophecy calls for nuclear war, so the economic collapse would also make sense.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by Vicious Jones

#5 or 'spider webs' is actually telecommunication lines. It is not internet lines.

never heard that one, if you look at a map of the usa though, a road map, you can see that it looks as if a web was covered over the usa?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Jones

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

... internet

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

...?

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

... if this was BP spill then what was the 6th sign? I'm not one for prophecy but please do indulge me.

The 6th sign would be roads and highways. I thought the 8th sign was hippies, which already happened in the 70's and such, and someone once already made something up about the 7th sign if I remember correctly.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

i just finihsed the video too. it was great thank you. im fascinated by how simple they keep everything. they didnt overcomplicated a single issue...how peaceful

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

...?

Why is it so hard for people to figure this one out?

Rivers of stone = Paved roads
Make pictures in the sun = Mirages from heat on paved roads.

Very well done, exactly to the point, WHY DO PEOPLE NOT GET IT?

second line

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I forget which numeric sign it is but that dinosaurs will again walk the earth: Mammoth Hemoglobin Reproduced. Keep in mind that there is truly nothing to fear. The end after all is Truly the beginning.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't believe the prophecies are in any timeline order, just that most of them have come to pass thus far.

Here are some interpretations.

www.dreamscape.com...

www.welcomehome.org...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Jones

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

... internet

...?

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

... if this was BP spill then what was the 6th sign? I'm not one for prophecy but please do indulge me.

You could imagine that someone is describing what they see, or it's "metaphorical" representation of what is felt.

I thought the "spider's web" was Cables -- like power lines and telegraphs.

The "rivers of stone" would very likely be just plain roads. They kind of look like water because the blacktop glistens. I imagined him looking up at a "turn pike" and those big clovers of bridges and access roads look like a lot of Hopi Indian art (or Keltic, because they stylized ropes and knots and this influenced their drawn pictures).

Perhaps he "saw" from the very same point he was at, and saw snapshots of "progress" that changed the land around him.

>> So we would be waiting on the Eighth sign now. I don't think that all of these prophesies HAVE to come true -- but it's more like "seeing a river and hearing the waterfall" -- there is a certain "kinetic potential" that history has. People seem to mostly be responding to events, and believing what is most comfortable and puts themselves in the best light -- and this has a certain "direction." I also think, that there is a lot of "knowledge" that people can tap into, because the Universe is infinite, and has been around forever, and we are not the first civilization to pull itself out of the mud -- so perhaps there is a "universal subconscious" that has seen it all before, and can see the trends.

Europeans, blind to the earth, invade and conquer. Their arrogance and manifest destiny will allow only the most indecent to rise to the top, and these people will command the power. A leader like George Bush or Mussolini is inevitable. When your allegiance is to people and corporations of power, you fail to ever be able to change the course of things -- those who submit to the insatiable appetite of companies like BP or ENRON, or Goldman Sacks, or GM, or the US Military -- it's all headed the same way. Wether it's an oil gusher in the ocean or a private company controlling nuclear weapons -- eventually, the "profit motive" and the lack of accountability of some corporate entity that is too big to fail will create a mistake that is too big for us to survive.

The course we are on right now, is predictable. And nobody who is in power, maintains the self-power to change this course. That movement to the Natives for advice, makes a lot of sense, if you have people without homes and society doesn't feed them -- or people who leave the Dead Churches and look for some meaning. Yeah, I think its the next new wave of the next generation. Maybe when the shores of the Gulf Coast are littered with dead animals it's going to impact some kids growing up today -- realizing that Progress, requires more and more, and never has enough.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hmm, I thought this was common knowledge. If I'm not mistaken the Hopi and the Mayans already agreed that the last sign was Comet Holmes

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

Railroads

Telephone Lines

Highways (various roads)

Oil spill that occurred a while ago, can't remember the specific name

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

Hippies

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

Comet Holmes

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I took the river's of stone to be modern roads. The "flow" like rivers across the countryside and are hard, like stone.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Anyone know a date when these Predictions/prophecy was made?

would be interesting to see.

This video was made in 1986 and Lee Brown states that all these prophecies were told by the elders. He explains in great detail. I believe it is 12 parts.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I may be missing something here, but I have never heard of any Hopi Prophecies. I know who the Hopi were, but I had never read any of their teachings. Common sense tells me that they passed down teachings via oral tradition, as did most other tribes. How did we come about these "prophecies"? Could someone lay out to me the process in which these prophecies came about? Are they truly authentic? Are the translations accurate?

I must be skeptical due to the apparent dead-on accuracy of these foretellings. Not trying to be a smart-ass.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
These prophecies seem to be eerily correct, as long as they are interupted the right away. Alas, why do all prophecies have to do with the world's end while in my lifetime? LOL guess i will go out with a BANG

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

LOL i am growing my hair long and looking for purpose and i have always thought about joining a native american tribal nation for a while... Maybe i am part of the 8th sign! I'll let you guys know when i go do this..

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

Comet Holmes

I always thought it was the Hale-Bopp comet. But after reading this passage in the wikipedia article it now makes sense. The red purifier will soon show itself now.

During its 2007 return, Holmes unexpectedly brightened from a magnitude of about 17 to about 2.8 in a period of only 42 hours, making it visible to the naked eye. This represents a change of brightness by a factor of about half a million and is the largest known outburst by a comet. The outburst took place between October 23–24, 2007.[5][6] The first person reportedly to notice a change was J. A. Henríquez Santana on Tenerife in the Canary Islands; minutes later, Ramón Naves in Barcelona noticed the comet at magnitude 7.3.[6] It became easily visible to the naked eye as a bright yellow "star" in Perseus[7][8], and by October 25 17P/Holmes appeared as the third brightest "star" in that constellation.[6]

The comet basically took off its "mask" and instead of blue it was yellow.

This is why I can only take the native american's prophecies more literally than the bible or any other prophecy.

The red purifier will soon cometh!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
I may be missing something here, but I have never heard of any Hopi Prophecies. I know who the Hopi were, but I had never read any of their teachings. Common sense tells me that they passed down teachings via oral tradition, as did most other tribes. How did we come about these "prophecies"? Could someone lay out to me the process in which these prophecies came about? Are they truly authentic? Are the translations accurate?

I must be skeptical due to the apparent dead-on accuracy of these foretellings. Not trying to be a smart-ass.

Watch the video I posted and all its parts. The main elders had these prophecies and once a year or so they would meet and they would talk to each other tribes of their version of the story. If the tribe leaders told it wrong or made up stuff, then the tribe elders would mention to this they said it wrong.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I live in arizona and have been up to the area close to the four corner's. Ive camped out in sedona by one of the 4 vortex's, and i can tell you that there is magic in the air up there! I wont elaborate on my experience's because they are pretty un-believeable. The native american's i have met in the area do talk of the last few prophecies that are coming and for those who's hearts are in the right place they have nothing to fear.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by trig_grl]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

hey realtruth...the creator doesn't like the creation to be worshipped because a lie is what conceals his work and being and love, look at this world through God.s eyes! i struggle with all this...

[edit on 11-5-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly

What is the first record of them ?

That is a good question... On the Crystalinks page, it says the prophetic account occurred in 1959 by White Feather to told to a minister David Young. It says it was published by Frank Waters in The Book of the Hopi in 1963, which post dates things like roads, trains, oil which those topics observed by White Feather are pretty much common sense and his perspective on changing times. War and Greed have always been around and will be there far into the future. Whether this is insight or prophecy, it is still an interesting topic, however leaves alot of room for individual interpretation. I am not being critical of that fact, because it does make for a good story for future generations that it is OK to listen to, and respect their elders and maintain their heritage and traditions. I recently saw a neat quote

"When an old man dies, we lose a library".

I don't think there is anything wrong with prophetic stories such as this because it is one man's vision of the future. For this type of message, the fact that it is metaphorical and cryptic makes it even better in my opinion.

My only criticism on this is the presentation which is webpage text which is subject to alternation and has alot of editorial bias. Crystalink should scan the paper documents as exhibits and let people comment on it. The one thing that lends credence to these stories is their publication date when it was put on paper.

Thanks, i hate to say it but, thats kinda what i thought. As i mentioned, it reminds me of the Dogon prophesies that take the 'newest' bits of information and intergrate them into their cultural heritage. ....Then 'we' come along and totally mistranslated them (by simply not understanding the culture and how/why prophecies are constructed. Just because to us it seems to be talking about the future, it may infact be more akin to a story/poem that records the past and present)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Has not the last sign already happened --- The space station falling to earth and burning with a blue flame

The reason most important information was passed orally to others is because it was considered inferior to write things down

[edit on 11-5-2010 by boroboy]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join