It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopi Prophecy Seventh Sign Coming True?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

The whole point is the Hopi's are not predicting an end at all.

They are similar to the Mayan's, because the Mayan's also do not predict an end, but a new start or beginning.

People will see what they want in prophecies, most want an end to things because of fear, pain and suffering in their lives, but sometimes we need to face the fears in order to over come them, after that we have a new understanding and beginning.

So here's to a new beginning.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

For some reason, this instantly made me think of all our power lines, and cable lines, and phone lines. There are some areas on my street that have so many criss crossing cables and wires over peoples houses, it truly looks like a spider web. Could that be what they were referring to? Mans total reliance on electricity, data transferring, and electronic communications?

Maybe thats why later they mention that people will grow their hair long and want to learn the ways of "my people?" Maybe something catastrophic happens like a solar flare, that knocks out all of our power, rendering most people helpless since we can no longer live off the land as the native american people did.

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

Im a little confused about the pictures in the sun part, but then again it could be an idiomatic expression, meaning something that does not translate. However, the criss crossed rivers of stone immediately makes me think of our streets and highways, which, from the air do look like criss crossing rivers of stone.... How else would you describe such things if you saw visions of them, but had nothing to compare them to?

Intriguing to say the least. Thanks for sharing this OP

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

That's great, but I still fail to see the proof that this oil spill is the prophesied Seventh Sign. The topic of this thread deals with the Seventh Sign, as does your OP, but the rest of this thread has been in large discussion of what people speculate to be the other signs the Hopi predicted. Tell me, why is this current oil slick sign seven? What makes this single event more important than any other event?

Scientists have been able to conclusively say they know of the Hopi people spanning back to the Oraibi village around 1150 AD. Out of all of the events that have transpired in the almost millennium or these people, why is this oil slick the sign?

Please do not confuse my questioning for brashness or trolling for a fight. I have been on the threads long enough to see threads where the only evidence granted is "It just feels right." Just because I do not buy all of what is being said does not mean that I am not open to learning others points of views. There would be no point in coming to the forum to sit stuck in beliefs and not even listen to others thoughts. I'm asking for you to help share your rationale behind why you believe this events to be significant and what the Hopi predicted. I can tell from your replies to me and others in this thread you are well versed in this area, so if I may so bold I would like to ask you for some more insight into everything. I'm still wrapped up on the "why."

Thanks!

-Sliadon

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

I think your digging a bit to deep on this and your logic is wanting evidence and absolute proof.

Being analytical myself I search too, but with prophecies come a degree of faith since most prophecies stem from a verbal source and are then transferred to paper.

In my OP title I was very particular in not making a statement, but gently posing a question for all to ponder.

The very problem with the written language is that, it is always open for argumentation, because of semantics or personal interpretation. Religion is a prime example, one passage or quote means different things to different people.

But I do appreciate your tenacity in searching for facts and a solid truth.

The only Real Truth is the one that resonates with your intuition, think about the times you had a gut feeling and your mind over-ruled it, only to have your intuition right.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Textreply to post by Vicious Jones

The fifth sign to me clearly speaks about the Chemtrails.

The Sixth sign would be flowing Lava (molten stone), the volcanic dust creates the pictures in the sun.

The Seventh sign is the oil spill...

That's my 2 cents worth...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
so people believe in mother earth but not God. the earth in not alive. it is a collection of living things occupying a giant ball of magma and iron covered with rocks and soil. we are all independently living together. the oil slick is so small and insignificant it would be like a stratch on your arm. there are millions and millions of square miles of untouched water and earth. luckily water and oil don't mix, only the cheapness the oil company is delaying cleanup because they are trying to collect it instead of destroying it with oil eating bacteria.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

5th sign =telephone and electric wires on poles

6th sign + roads and highways and when they are hot from the sunshine you see heat rising making pictures (illusions)

I believe these 2 are correct. I saw a documentary about it and this is how it was explained. i do believe the 7th may be the gulf oil spill as Arizona is right there...
May not be long now, hu?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ChangingFaceOfTime.com

You have an urgent U2U

Others:

» Predictions & Prophecies » Hopi Prophecy Seventh Sign Coming True? » Post Reply

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasmagoria

Rivers of stone sound to me like highways and roads. Making pictures in the sun could be the mirage effect when it's hot and the sun is high in the sky perhaps?

Update: Ok never mind I had only been reading the first page and posted this, then read like 14 post saying the same thing so just ignore

[edit on 13-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's just a matter of interpretation. If you work hard enough at it, you can find things to fit almost any symbol. That doesn't mean they're accurate. The Hopi signs are no more agreed upon than the Seven Seals of the Book of Revelation. Everybody has their own interpretation, and even the people who agree with the basic principle that these represent prophesies can't agree on the specifics.

And as I've said elsewhere, I get the feeling that a lot of the Hopi "predictions" were actually made up not too long ago, but because they supposedly come from a secret verbal source, they can't be verified. It's a way for them to earn a bit of fame and money from the gullible.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Frightening experience in Colorado? Sounds interesting, can you elaborate?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
There is still one last Hopi prophecy
Dare someone to find it!

Are you referring to Saquasohuh, or the Blue Star Katchina? Got that...see Earth Under Fire, by Paul A. LaViolette, pp. 71-72, 73, 349, 353.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The Dogon people in Western Africa attribute their acquisition of knowledge to the Nommos, divine supernatural visitors to the Earth who come from the Stars. The Nommos, also known as 'Masters of Water', the 'Monitors' and the 'Teachers', passed on Star knowledge to the Ancestors of the Dogon. Acoording the prophecies of the Dogon, these Original Visitors will return to Earth from their place in the heavens in the form of a blue star. When they do, it will be called the "Day of the Fish". The first indication of their return will be that a new star, "the star of the tenth moon", will appear in the sky.

Similarities ?

Link here

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Your right we aren't doing anything to the "Earth" however, you might want to rethink the whole "wouldn't scratch your arm" part there. No one seems to have a definitive answer to how much salt water will be contaminate by 1 quart of crude oil, there's people saying everything 1,000,000 gallons to 1,000 gallons. So lets be safe and say 1,000. With that lets assume that at least 2,000,000 quarts(which is FAR below whats actually been released) has been released in the gulf of Mexico. That makes 2,000,000,000 Gallons of water that has been contaminated. Wait your right thats nothing, just about enough to say kill 1/3 of all Sea life in the gulf of Mexico. That doesn't matter right?
Using the NPR information it turns about to be 43,999,872,000 Gallons contaminated, thats not scary at all right?

www.at-sea.org...

Maybe that'll explain why we need to clean it up now...

[edit on 15-5-2010 by UnlawfullPriest]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

Perhaps this is subject to mistranslation/misinterpretation of the original meaning.

These prophecies were supposedly written before the natives had seen IRON, so how did they posses words in their vocabulary for this ?

What other SIGNS have been mistranslated/misinterpreted ?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

Perhaps this is subject to mistranslation/misinterpretation of the original meaning.

These prophecies were supposedly written before the natives had seen IRON, so how did they posses words in their vocabulary for this ?

What other SIGNS have been mistranslated/misinterpreted ?

I thought the prophecies were made 1950-1960s ?

It had appeared to me that they were made with the knowledge of railways and roads etc.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Someone sent me another link about the prophecies that I found interesting.

It tells a more detailed story about what the Blue Star is, anyway it is an interesting take on all of this.

Hopi Prophecy PDF

T h e B l u e S t a r
There are many more interesting correlations between the ancient Hopi prophecies and the I AM America material. One of the most intriguing prophecies is the appearance of t h e b l u e s tar. The Hopi prophecies state that when the blue star appears, that spiritual beings will destroy the conflict between material and spiritual concerns and create a new world aimed towards the laws and unity of the Creator. “ T h e t i m e i s n o t far off. It will come when the Saquasohuh, (Blue Star),
Kachina dances in the plaza. He represents a b l u e s tar, far off and yet invisible, which will make its appearance soon.” 5 Again, note the reference to the word star and also to the Blue Star Kachina.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I kind of brought this up in another forum or page somewhere, but the oil leak itself may not lead to anything other than contaminated water, but what about the other aspects of it? What about the various industries and economies that will be effected (i.e. resorts, fishing, marine biology, etc.)? What if we contaminate another country's coast? What if what some are saying about the sea floor possibly collapsing and causing a tsunami does happen? What if that tsunami hits another country? Who do you think they will blame? Much of the world is already unhappy with the western nations and America in particular. That is what we have to think about. Prophecies are usually just images or ideas of a single cause or sign, but it is up to us to identify where the ripples of effect will go. Even if this has nothing to do with Hopi prophecy, those in charge still have to take this very seriously.

- Dredge

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
reply to post by Sliadon

The whole point is the Hopi's are not predicting an end at all.

They are similar to the Mayan's, because the Mayan's also do not predict an end, but a new start or beginning.

People will see what they want in prophecies, most want an end to things because of fear, pain and suffering in their lives, but sometimes we need to face the fears in order to over come them, after that we have a new understanding and beginning.

So here's to a new beginning.

But for a new beginning something else has to end....

I wonder what that will be.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I read up on the whole hopi prophecy and what I made out of it was that at the time of noach the survivors of the flood spread over the world each party settling in a different continent. The hopi consider themselves to be of that origin. but they go a little bit further stating that when Jesus? made the 4? different party's an offer of seeds the Hopi forefather chose the wissest. This is also where the Hopi prophecy is supossed to originate. in the end he settled in america and got a role to keep the seeds of this world safe until the day of "great change". Now I think most of us here agree we have come upon a time where great change is at our doorstep.
I think its not unlickely that the hopi prophecy ha undergone "updating" sotospeak so they can fill in the gaps of interpretation. In that light something called an Iron snake crossing the country could have started out as something like "a black snake crossing the country". What I'm trying to say is it isn't unthinkable they have changed the message to make sence to them as they learned of new things and tech's. It is an oral prophecy in the end Altough I thought to have read something about a written part as well? something like the brother of light breaking the prophecy in 2 pieces?

Anyhow I find the whole Hopi story very intriging. Dont know if its true but considering all of humanity has a common starting point I try to look at simmilarities in different beliefs and legends... I can certainly see the Hopi-legend has simmilarities with the bible... so does the legend of the Dogon. Mainstream beliefs and less-known legends like these really do tie in to one-another

[edit on 20-5-2010 by faceoff85]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join