It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown immediate resignation. Torrys take number 10.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Con-dem-nation mate.... Has a better ring to it.

:shk:

[edit on 11/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
did anyone notice dave cameron grab his wife's breast just before entering number 10?
i did ha ha.

Is that what it was, I thought it was her grabbing Camerons face.

Its easy to get mixed up.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240

As a BBC correspondent so perfectly put it when referring to the Tories standing outside no.10 "this is the new world, the new order you could call it."

I'm glad some-else caught that too! The journalist concerned is BBCs Nick Robinson a well known cheerleader for the tories, he even has the same haircut as William Hague lol!
Hard times are ahead for all of us with this financial crisis but! with this right-wing coalition in charge the rich will be protected at the expense of the people "Dave" has decided hasn't "lived in the right way".

Just imagine how smug Fleet street is going to be in the morning! I'm dreading the front pages.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by neformore
He's not Thatcher. I think the Tories learned from that one.

I know the world loves to hate Thatcher, but most people don't know why and if pressed would have to admit that they were not around when Thatcher strutted the world stage. Thatcher did a lot of good for the UK (and ill). I wonder what the UK would be like if the NUM and been allowed to carry on "as usual".

I assure you, I was around and she did a damn sight more bad than good!

Where would we be if the NUM.....etc?

Well, we would still have a coal industry that's for sure.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Con-dem-nation mate.... Has a better ring to it.

I see we had that in the mirror headline here in uk, i wonder does the mirror editor get clues from the web, lol.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Has anyone heard from slimey man tony blair, i have not heard of him since election, anyone hear him speak?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What people are forgetting is this.

There can be no conservative group whip or majority to push anything through legislation.

To use a metaphor - the Lib Dems have their hands firmly on the testicles of this arrangement.

One vote of no confidence and the whole thing goes to the polls again.

Think about it

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

nope i saw it twice as i turned over just as he closed the door.

while standing at the door smiling just before it opened he grabbed her boob.
i know it's not important, i just wanted to share what i thought was a little funny as his first day in no 10 and to see if anyone else noticed.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Brown was never voted in as PM and so good riddance, he and Blairwitch have taxed this country to the hilt, squandered the money, bailed out the real crims and taken us into 2 wars when we have no need to be involved.

Cameron and the tory/dem pact...........well either way they will be on a losing path because of the tax rises they will need to implement to try to make the UK economically stable again and hopefully grow, however the spending cuts and tax rises will make the populas want rid of this government double quick.

I do hope they can make it work and make it work quickly, two years of making the UK stable and hard measures followed by a lessinging of the hardship for the following two years might just see this government through.

Then again I don't polititcians or religous leaders so I guess I'm screwed all roads up

Wolfie

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Glad to see the thread back up!

Loved Browns comments - Lord Mandleson was a rock" - least thats what I thought I heard him say .......

DC looked truly excited before he went into No 10 - talking so fast - guess he will have to do some fast talking to stay there as well.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Silk]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
reply to post by XXXN3O

nope i saw it twice as i turned over just as he closed the door.

while standing at the door smiling just before it opened he grabbed her boob.
i know it's not important, i just wanted to share what i thought was a little funny as his first day in no 10 and to see if anyone else noticed.

I noticed it myself.

I was just cracking a joke without breaching T&C's

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
goodbye uni goodbye nhs
twas nice whilst it lasted.

fmlfml
I think im gonna go and plan my emmigration now =\

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
Brown was never voted in as PM l:

Wolfie

Nor as leader of the party - so he takes plaudits as the only PM/leader to never have chosen 3 times!

Still Im sure the dinner party circuit / speaking engagements will more than make up for that financially - as it has for BillionBlair

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

Well I managed 4 years at Uni under Maggie - and on a course the then Tories wanted to stop (Peace Studies) - so I wouldn't pack just yet.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Few points to make, first i think Browns Resignation speech was very sincere and well put together i applaud him for that, he thanked our troops, voters and colleagues not long after heading out of Number 10 with his family. Second, i think Cameron is the right man for the job, a new decade a new party a new start. Third, this is a bit of a peev during Obama's inaguration and election people were making many threads about it in the breaking news forum but when i done the same with a thread on Gordon Brown it got moved to this one :/ is ATS being biased towards U.K citizens?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm sure that i will survive a tory government, although being only 21 i cant help but feel the best years of my life are about to be clawed from my hands and replaced with a ball and chain. Cameron is a twat. This is the worst thing to happen this year. Lets just cut the crap and put ourselves in the gutter before they do it for us.
All we can really pray for his a repeat of 80's music, Bring on the 80's music!

Ive got love for you if you were born in the eighties, the eighties!
A Clegg, thats tge last time you get MY vote you C**T!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk

Well I managed 4 years at Uni under Maggie - and on a course the then Tories wanted to stop (Peace Studies) - so I wouldn't pack just yet.

Im hoping i wont have to. But if the grants get cut and the fees raised im gonna have to -_-" Espeically being as its both me and my sister at uni.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Everton

No I think your incorrect on this - I had to complain to get this reopened - and you might actually be unawere that ATS started in the UK.

There is a post on the other thread that actually suggests quite the opposite - and isn't from me.

The point was and is that this is breaking news in the UK and an ongoing story - not speculation - but reporting of what is happening real time with appropriate comments.

The transition of power in the UK is a fluid event - and nothing like a preplanned and staged inauguration - that is the difference.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

haha i noticed that, i wanted to post about it but it seemed irrelevant at the time to be honest, but ye he did slip up slightly

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I wasnt lucky enough to get a grant - but I did campaign for them and against the University Grants Committee - I think Im even on some TV archive having a go at the then chairman Dr Brian Mahwinney.

So stick to your guns - the Tories might not be the enemy you think they are

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join