It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown immediate resignation. Torrys take number 10.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

They may have been taught a lesson from thatcher but what do we say happens.... History repeats itself.

I think he's going to be like obama.... over hyped.

NEF dont be mean to thoses americans although they know your right ?

YOUR ENGLISH
i'm right too

[edit on 11-5-2010 by thecrow001]

[edit on 11-5-2010 by thecrow001]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
This is a sad day for British politics, with all the big business backing Webcameron got, it was obvious the elites had picked him to take over....

The rich get richer/the poor get squashed this is the torries definition of "governing in the national interest". Its all going to get a bit 80s from here on in.........

[edit on 11-5-2010 by strangleholder1] [/quote

funny you say that, my team nottinghamham forest enjoyeds its best times in the 80's and look there on the rise again ?

what did i say history repeats itself

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
This is a sad day for British politics, with all the big business backing Webcameron got, it was obvious the elites had picked him to take over....

The rich get richer/the poor get squashed this is the tories definition of "governing in the national interest". Its all going to get a bit 80s from here on in.........

[edit on 11-5-2010 by strangleholder1]

[edit on 11-5-2010 by strangleholder1]

Yeah, this is how I feel, too.
You put it perfectly.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
funny you say that, my team nottinghamham forest enjoyeds its best times in the 80's and look there on the rise again ?

Na late 70's was forest best time as twice european cup winners, so end of disater labour gov, like now, eh.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by thecrow001

Na late 70's was forest best time as twice european cup winners, so end of disater labour gov, like now, eh.

1979 and 1980, i'm classing it as the start era of the 80's

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Conservative leader David Cameron is the new UK prime minister after the resignation of Gordon Brown. Mr Cameron, 43, has left Buckingham Palace after formally accepting the Queen's request to form a government.

Images from BBC News and BBC Live 24

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Ibex08]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

If you add the total numbers from all the parties excluding the Tories, the UK DID NOT vote for them. This is where the political system breaks down in the UK. Gordon Brown should have remained in power because there was not a big enough margin to declare an over all winner. Now we have the Tories back at No10, just wait a few years, we'll be back to...we hate the Tories, get Labour back in...

Swings and Round-a-bouts.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I like the way their ripping into Cameron on the radio.

''Probably walked into the Palace and it was a case of, ''Hey! Dave! Long time no see! Come have some champers!" - Talksport.

[edit on 11/5/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Cameron has said The Conservatives will be forming a Full and Proper Coalition Government with the Lib-Dems

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Yep but the system is still the system, everyone knows before hand. I think labour and libs started out trying to get a coaliation before the election abut they never got the majority they needed to stay in power, i mean labour.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Lol, have to wonder how long that alliance will last. From what I understand, some of the fourth parties are going to play an important part in this too.

Either way, I do believe higher taxes and Austerity are headed your way regardless of who sits at No. 10.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yeah, a coalition.
Fantastic...

Will we be having another election in a year though?

Anyway. Instead of watching the horror movie on BBC NEWS, I think Ill watch Waynes World on DvD.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

That was if the other deal was done.

If Labour and Lib-Dems had made the coalition, then yeah... 4th, 5th etc parties would have been used to make up the numbers.... as It stands, with the Conservative Party and Lib-Dems doing the deal instead, they now have enough to have a majority government, no need for the smaller parties to be used at all.

But yes, The purse strings will be tightened for sure.

I think this is a bad move and the two parties Ideologies couldn't be further apart really....

We'll see I guess.

[edit on 11/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well Operation Blackjack is going perfectly. Next comes the Nukes and the "conditioning" of the world population.

As a BBC correspondent so perfectly put it when referring to the Tories standing outside no.10 "this is the new world, the new order you could call it."

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by antonia

I think this is a bad move and the two parties Ideologies couldn't be further apart really....

We'll see I guess.

thanks for the clarification, a lot of the info on my side of the ocean is spotty. My main concern here is that L.D and the Conservatives are vastly different parties as you pointed out. I can't see this being a long lasting alliance. If they do get through the next couple of years, I'll be shocked honestly.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You're welcome

And yeah, these two Parties are at almost opposite ends of the political spectrum really, well that's a slight exaggeration, but out of the 3 main parties, these 2 are the furthest apart.

And this wont last anything like 2 years I don't think.

There will be another election called within 12 months I would have thought, perhaps 18?

Hmmmmm..... this is a weird feeling.

The Tories wrecked this country before and I hope they don't again.... Although they have the Liberals for company now... so...
May keep them on the straight and narrow.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Cameron has said The Conservatives will be forming a Full and Proper Coalition Government with the Lib-Dems

Didnt you hear?

They are calling it the...

Con-dem British Government.

Theres a wee clue in there that some might pick up on, when it comes to what to expect in the future.

PS: yes Con-dem-nation is far better blup

[edit on 11-5-2010 by XXXN3O]

link   
did anyone notice dave cameron grab his wife's breast just before entering number 10?
i did ha ha.

link   

Originally posted by neformore
He's not Thatcher. I think the Tories learned from that one.

I know the world loves to hate Thatcher, but most people don't know why and if pressed would have to admit that they were not around when Thatcher strutted the world stage. Thatcher did a lot of good for the UK (and ill). I wonder what the UK would be like if the NUM and been allowed to carry on "as usual".

To topic... The Conservative / Liberal Democrat Coalition may actually work. There is too much vested interest in making it work. For example, if it fails then the UK would be turned off coalitions and this would go badly for the Lib Dems who want an electoral system (PR) which may provide for endless coalitions. This means that if the Liberals want change then they have to make it work! Oh, joy.

Regards

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
As a BBC correspondent so perfectly put it when referring to the Tories standing outside no.10 "this is the new world, the new order you could call it."

I think the nwo existed on the surface of our society since 90's at least.

The nanny state is obsessive in uk, so we will see where it goes now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join