It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Denver, Colorado...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Recently found this at www.fox31.com

A women captures a light hovering over Denver, Colorado last Sunday as what appears to be a UFO....

Pretty busy right now with college finals, but I will let you guys tear this one apart. I will comment back, later today.

Enjoy

DENVER - Was it a UFO? A planet? Or something else?

That's the question Denver resident Jai Harris is wondering after she captured video of a mysterious bright light in the northwest sky over Colorado earlier this month, and uploaded the video to YouTube.

Harris says she first noticed the mystery object around 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 8, from her home in Denver's Park Hill neighborhood.

"I quickly went to get my camera. I opened the iris all the way and zoomed in all the way," she says. "It was much brighter than the stars and much, much lower."

Zooming in and out, Harris shot around 30 minutes of footage, from 8:30 p.m., 10:30 p.m and 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning, of the would-be UFO hovering in the night sky.
ex]

www.kdvr.com...

[edit on 11-5-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is a first for ATS S&F. For the first time ever we have undeniable proof of aliens in our sky. This explains so much like how gore lost the election and why abortion clinics are in minority neihborhoods.
Finaly a crystal clear video of a UFO im so excited, maybe this is a scout ship exploring the route for the comming Nibur.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You can not analyze the video really - as there is not much to see. However, Im sure she was seeing some super bright stars/planets because im in the area and the skies at night have been amazingly clear and you see so much including some very very bright stars/planets.

Feel free (to anyone) go to Stellarium and plug in her location and the date and times she claims to have seen this and you can see for yourself. Will work on some screen shots in the meantime

[edit on May 11th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Not to be rude.. But i live in the denver area as well and lately the skies havent been crystal clear. Not for the past two weeks anyway. As a matter of fact we're supposed to have a snow storm sometime tonight.

Mod edit: Hit edit instead of reply

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ok. Well im outside of Denver and the skies have been very clear at night over the past 2 weeks off and on. Guess it depends on your zip code or something. Sat. night was very clear.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Maybe she was seeing one of these:

Ok, I was given better shots:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93b995111531.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ae64aa9b8ba.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I do live on the front range... Maybe thats why. The weather over here is different every time i look outside.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by kick Flip]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kick Flip

I do live on the front range... Maybe thats why. The weather over here is different every time i look outside.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by kick Flip]

Well that is very true. It seriously changes every day and its driving me insane!! 70+ on Sunday, snow tonight? Really?!

Im south of Denver in the mountains/foothills

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Dupe. Uh,having some issues over here

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Hey man, im just the messenger.... I would want anybody else here to do the same thing...

More exposure is good, and perhaps gives us a chance to further evaluate VALID claims.

I am fairly active within the community and I don't generally see UFO sightings posted by actual NEWS AGENCIES. Therefore, I felt it pertinent to post.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Whoa you hold on one min buddy. I never said anything bad about anything you posted take it back

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I think there's a very over active imagination by the video maker, it's pretty clear it's a star or planet and the bits about the auto focus are just plain daft. An object close by will be very much more focused than a tiny point of light.

Also she destroyed her own Idea by not noticing the lights on the helicopter did exactly the same thing for the same reasons.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It turns out (surprise, surprise) that it was planet Venus.

While I will give the person recording points for trying to see if it was just auto-focus of the camera, the actual tests for comparison were pretty poor. I mean that porch light was particularly obvious that there were all sorts of features to focus on, such as the bricks behind the light.
Also when the helicopter flew by you could see the same out of focus effect on its strobing beacons.

If it is a bright light in the sky that seems to be stationary or hardly moving, it is probably a planet or a bright star. I can'tt believe that anyone actually thought this was even the slightest bit newsworthy.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hows this for another theory...

It was the aliens on Venus (which is actually the killer planet Niburu in disguise), the aliens who are controlling the auto-focus on the camera. They are trying to communicate with humanity with thier rudimentary form of morse code.

Does anyone remember when Linda Moulton Howe discovered that aliens were making writing in the sky by making peoples hands shake when they took photos of stars? It is the same thing. Really.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I wasn't expecting too much from that video but after seeing the skill involved in the use of the various font-types of the titles, I'm more inclined to believe the same as I originally did.

it's a video of a star

top topics

join