It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Your a Racist" Card Doesn't Work Anymore!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Racism is a tool used by TPTB to keep us divided.

It is easy to take their bait, and let racist thoughts enter your mind. You must not let it happen, and make a conscience decision to never let the fire of racial hatred burn within you. Or it will in fact burn you up.

At this point, there is one race, the human race, those that don't understand are lost, and will probably get tangulated in the artificially instigated race war that they want us all to participate in.

So, yes.... The race card is only effective on stupid dolts that don't get it, the same stupid dolts that will be killing each other in the streets pretty soon, like the pawns, and tools that they are.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Racism is a tool used by TPTB to keep us divided.

It is easy to take their bait, and let racist thoughts enter your mind. You must not let it happen, and make a conscience decision to never let the fire of racial hatred burn within you. Or it will in fact burn you up.

At this point, there is one race, the human race, those that don't understand are lost, and will probably get tangulated in the artificially instigated race war that they want us all to participate in.

Well put this is the only reason why I am advocating anti racism. There is a big picture and it is a damn sight bigger than who anyone's daughter or son marries.

I would also feel happy if wannabee and actual rascists just go ahead and keep out of my way. Seems as if nowaday no one is racist but ....

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Relax. Im just playing with the diehards at this point. Obviously I was not serious. Or could it be that only a true racist could possibly come up with a joke like that?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

Oh myfriend I wish it were dead, but I dont think so.Maybe someday huh?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by i944002

If you aren't going to use perfect grammar yourself, please refrain from being a grammar Nazi.

Lesson one: "..." does not equal ",".

There you are, how do you enjoy that, friend?

Your reply makes no sense??

Also I'm not a grammar Nazi... if you're going to quote me trying to say I am, then perhaps I should point out what I also said on page one.

Originally posted by blupblup
Generally I'm not the kind of person who goes around picking fault with the way people write their posts.... however... this OP seemed to be the typical "I'm not racist but" kinda rant... and if I had been some sort of grammar police/spelling Nazi, I would have pulled the OP up on several other mistakes in the post.

I think the title should at least be spelled correctly, right?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I find that those who bandy around the word "racist" most of the time either use it out of context or have no idea what the word really means.

So, I generally now look on those people as ignorant, uneducated and lacking in a vocabulary.

So it all evens out for me.

I'm a "racist" in their mind and they are a moron in mine.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I guess I'm a racist then......I fail to see how it's a judgment on a color rather than a person though. Each "race" has certain attributes and those, although they may be generalizations are based in some truth. Funny thing is though, it's only when the racism tag is applied to whites, does it stick. No matter what other peoples from other races say, it only applies to whites, especially in the media, where it helps perpetuate the myth that only white people are racist. Eh, I don't care any more, I have my opinion of others as well as they of me.......

[edit on 12-5-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I have one simple question for you.

If you have, or if you would have, a daughter...would you want her to marry a Mexican or a Black man?

This pretty much reveals if a person is racist or not...and most people, like you, who scream that they are not racist end up answering this question in a way that shows that they are in fact a racist.

Thats such a racist statement.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The "Daughter marrying a black or Mexican" has got me thinking.

Racism has nothing to do with it. A white girl marrying a black guy is socially seen as a step down. A black guy marrying a white girl is socially seen as a step up for the black guy.

Anyway....hopefully my daughter won't grow up to be overweight, and gets a decent education. That is half the battle right there. I think I will be OK!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

Perhaps it's just your locality, but i've never in my 30 years heard the word "spook" refer to anything but an agent of the c.i.a. ....Methinks that what he was referring to are our President's ties to the c.i.a.

You are sooooo dead wrong. My cousin is a perfect blend of moronic redneck and unsophisticated douche bag. He couldn't spell C.I.A.

Dictionary spook (spūk) n. Informal. A ghost; a specter. Slang. A secret agent; a spy. Offensive Slang. Used as a disparaging term for a Black person.

The derogatory racial sense of "black person" is attested from 1940s, perhaps from notion of dark skin being difficult to see at night. Black pilots trained at Tuskegee Institute during World War II called themselves the Spookwaffe.

So, nice try, but he was calling Obama a racial slur.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Racism has nothing to do with it. A white girl marrying a black guy is socially seen as a step down. A black guy marrying a white girl is socially seen as a step up for the black guy.

You say that racism has nothing to do with it and then mention that society sees that when a white person gets with a black person it's a step down?

Considering racism is the belief that a race is genetically and culturally inferior or superior to another, that would mean racism has pretty much everything to do with it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If you have, or if you would have, a daughter...would you want her to marry a Mexican or a Black man?

You raise an interesting point, OutKast. My parents were very diligent in teaching their children, all eight of them, to not judge people by the color of their skin. We grew up in New Mexico in a town where Caucasians were a minority and most were Hispanic. Most of my girlfriends were Hispanic and this never was an issue at all. However, when my younger sister, the oldest of five girls, started dating one of the few Black kids in that town, my mother flipped her noodle, and begged my sister not to date him.

The entire family called her on this, yet she stood her ground, attempting to explain all the problems that would arise for both of them if such a relationship were to continue. She suggested that they would both be better off dating people of their own race. Of course, her boyfriend had little in the way of choice when it came to dating someone of his own race, but further, my long time girlfriend was Hispanic, and I asked my mom if I should break up with her and find a nice white girl. She flustered, and blustered, and finally realized that she taught us well, and decided it was our turn to teach her.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I see it from both sides. Racism is not dead. We still have issues between whites, blacks, Hispanics, Arabs, Jews etc. We still see discrimination based on race (and this includes affirmative action).

But what the falsely used 'race card' does is create a 'Crying Wolf' society. It's my belief that falsely and overly using the race, bigot, or phobic card actually hampers the situation further for those trying to fix things.

For example, back when I was a flight attendant, I skipped over a sleeping passenger during an early flight beverage service- something we were trained to do. We were taught never wake up sleeping passengers for drinks- only meals. The passenger goes ballistic and made a huge scene that he was skipped because he was black. He made a total fool of himself and once we arrived, the black gate agent and my black supervisor basically told him to shove it.

Now, imagine the same man being in a real scenario of discrimination- chances are, he's not going to be listened to because he cried wolf and was known to have a chip on his shoulder.

That's just one man and one incident but when there is a whole social movement to create a racial issue over everything, society is instead going to yawn at the prospect and not take even serious and legitimate incidents seriously.

That is what worries me and is along the lines of the backlash we're seeing towards rape victims. Too many false alarm and wolf crying has been brought to our attention so we're more wary now.

There still is the blight of racism in the world (and it will probably be that way for a while). Racism is wrong. But when it is overemphasized and imagined, equal rights movements are actually set back by leaps and bounds and more damage is done than correction. Those who really do want to fight for the cause of equality need to realize this because the race card really is losing its sting due to incorrect and over use of the accusation.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

And exactly how does not wanting your daughter to marry a black or hispanic man make you a racist? I'd kind of like that explained to me.

Sorry for the one liner 'n'all but ROTFL LMAO LMFBO.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Each "race" has certain attributes and those, although they may be generalizations are based in some truth.

Yes...that is kind of the definition of racism. You are basing your judgement soley on their RACE...and not on the individual.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You don't see how that is racist?

This is part of the problem...some people are so comfortable with thier own racism...they don't even see it as racism. It is just normal to you...racism is normal to you...so you don't see it as being wrong. It may be a slightly different type of racism...it doesn't sound like you are out screaming that you hate all blacks or mexicans...but you definately have a passive negative preconception of them...strong enough that you don't think they are good enough for your daughter...without even meeting the individual. That is where it is racist.

I'm not even sure it is your own fault you think this way...you were probably brought up this way. But as an adult...the responsbility is now on you to break out of that thinking now that you see (or should see) that it is racist. Or continue to think that way and probably teach your children the same and continue the cycle of racism.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I was watching a YouTube video linked in one of the threads here the other day. The young black lady on the video was screaming that anyone who did not vote for Obama was racist. In the next sentence she said she voted for him because he was black. In fact she was the one who was being racist.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

it is Racist, some minorities go after white girls, just because they are white girls. It is kinda a status thing...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I cannot watch Obama on tv. I do not like or agree with what he's done so far BUT if I watch him I like him.

Its a strange thing. I can see how he draws people in as I'm drawn in and hanging on his every word when watching him. He is a very likeable person outside of politics I think.

So due to this weirdness I just don't watch him.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

What? No Chinese transvestite option?? Where did I put that homophobe card?

Now that I think about it, if I had a daughter I would prefer that she marry another Native American. That way I could dislike my son-in-law for being a no-good, lazy, shiftless bum who isn't treating my little princess right, without being a racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join