It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Fired after Caught Beating Student on Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

HOUSTON - Administrators at a charter school have fired one of its teachers who was seen beating up a student in a video taken by a classmate’s camera-phone.

The teacher under question, identified by a charter school spokeswoman as Sherri Davis, was officially terminated by the school on Monday night.

“Now that officials at Jamie’s House Charter School have been able to review the video on Fox News, we are horrified at the actions of the teacher,” principal David Jones said, in a statement.

The disturbing video of a sixth grade student being kicked and pummeled has also been
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-5-2010 by sdcigarpig]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is just plain sick, why is it that the children are more in danger of going to school than being out in public? This is just unacceptable where the teacher an adult was placed in a postition of authority. I caught this bit on the news this morning and was appalled at what I was seeing on the TV. I was under the belief that schools were a safe place for children to be, with the occasional bullying or playground fight, but this goes over the line. Now parents have to worry about the teachers?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The news scrap posted above says on the main website reporting it that the child who was being beaten was harassing a mentally challenged student who was "dancing". Maybe this teacher has family who has mental illness so she just snapped. It's happened before.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I watched the video and it does look scary. Still, because of the reaction of the other kids and the smiles on their faces rather than looks of concern or fear or horror, I'm wondering if there wasn't some role-playing exercise going on.

Regardless of the excuse/reason, teachers are not allowed to lay their hands on a student. At least that's my understanding. Do we have any teachers lurking that would like to clear that point up?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They need to bring paddling back in full force IMO. Teacher was wrong, but if she could have paddled the student, this could have been avoided, maybe. Disturbing to say the least.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

This is just plain sick, why is it that the children are more in danger of going to school than being out in public? This is just unacceptable where the teacher an adult was placed in a postition of authority.

Decades ago and for centuries it was perfectly fine for teachers to hit children. They even used weapons like Paddles, Rulers and other stuff. It was accepted to hit a children if it forgets his books or doing homework or misbehaved.
So it's really nothing new.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

this was more than a scolding. he was beating the kids ass while he was on the ground.

if that were my little brother ida came back and killed that punk. or at least beat him within an inch of his life.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Are you people kidding? The kid was LAUGHING...SMILING....now his family is trying to get money. Read into this...he was picking on a mentally challanged kid in the class. The teacher stood up for him/her. Bring paddles back!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Are you people kidding? The kid was LAUGHING...SMILING....now his family is trying to get money. Read into this...he was picking on a mentally challanged kid in the class. The teacher stood up for him/her. Bring paddles back!

When i saw it i thought it looked like play wresting with the teacher acting out what he really wanted to do. Still definitly not profesional, just does not look an actual beating to me. The kid would have more than a goose egg on his head if the teacher was conecting those flails.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by The Great Day]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day

Originally posted by PeterGriffin

When i saw it i thought i looked like play wresting with the teacher acting out what he really wanted to do. Still definitly not profesional, just does not look an actual beating to me. The kid would have more than a goose egg on his head if the teacher was conecting those flails.

I agree....not the most professional decision
but yes it looked like play wrestling.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Beat me to it OP, I was just starting a thread on this, so I asked the mods to close it.

I did not see fun and games on the video I watched this morning on the news. I saw a frightened little boy, cowering against the wall while psycho teacher approched him like some kind of animal, tormenting it's prey. I don't give a rat's a** if he was laughing at a mentally challenged child or not. This did not deserve a beat down. The boy should have been sent to the principle and his parents called. If this was just for fun, then why does he have injuries? He deserved to be punished for what he did, but this is abominable. I want that teacher in jail for battery!!!

top topics

join