It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowardly Israeli military shoots innocent Palestinian farmers *video*

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Berens

Omg. You shouldn't have linked that. I watched it and now my head hurts. There was so much wrong in that clip that I can't even list it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
"Please don't shoot, we are unarmed civilians and farmers"

*richochet*

"Why are you shooting, we are unarmed"

*crack*

Oh how I would love to re-enlist if they put me back in my old unit and we were invading Israel. I had a jewish brother-in-arms who used to talk about how much he would love to shoot Israeli's...his mother and father are devout Jews, that should tell you something.

Sh#, the Arab world might even give us a break for all the F#'d up stuff we have been doing and continue to do to them socially, economically and with our military...believe me, if people, even Arabs had any idea how many civilian lives are lost on a daily basis (most unintentionally) due to our military involvement they would all be taking up arms.

F# zionism, F# Israel.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As a former IDF and British soldier I can tell you that this vid is just typical BS...... You guys are soo fricken dumb if you believe this... It is a .22 round shot by the cameraman... IDF small arms woud have done loads more damage....

There is soo much Israel hate on this site....

I have come too the conclusion that you will believe what you want to believe even if it is false... As this is...

EDA: The Title of this thread comes straight out of the propaganda handbook.... I wish people would get educated about the world, ignore bias, and exhibit critical thinking in an objective manner... But maybe some people have to google everything and be TOLD what to think, and maybe big words are too much for them

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I find it hard to believe that the round is coming from anywhere else besides at least 100 yards or more away from the camera man. I've been on the recieving end of gun fire, mostly 7.62, but the report is certainly incoming as opposed to outgoing. I won't contest that it sounds like .22 shot, but at last check IDF were carrying 5.56 (.223), generally impossible to tell the difference between .223 and .22 LS from a digital recording.

I came off as real harsh in my last post, I wouldn't enjoy shooting Israeli's, and I would be happy to live out the rest of my days not putting rounds down-range, but Israel and the IDF need to tone down their zionisitic ranting and horrible ROE (rules of engagement). People think U.S. forces roll around like Clint Eastwood lighting up whoever or whatever they please, but I can tell you that I've seen and even delivered more than one gun-butt to the teeth of U.S. military personell for wrongful shootings and otherwise being retards.

I had the chance to train with a couple units from the IDF. They are incredibly able and dedicated men and women, but their willingness to kill anyone not of Israeli descent is apparent in the rhetoric coming from colonels on down to privates.

When you have U.S. military men who are trained in all aspects of small unit warfare, and who live by the violence of action, criticizing the intentions and ROE of the IDF then you know they are out of line.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

So the Americans killing people not of American desent is ok??
I spent a lot of my adult life trainng to kill people NOT of my country(s)... Is that not the same for ALL armies?? And what if those you are trained to kill are the neighbours that kill you own, and bomb your own?? What if you give up your house and business to get peace then they still bomb you??

That is my experience and that of many in Israel... I do not live in Isreal anymore, I have moved back to England but Im still left with the aftermath of those damn palastinian rockets that cause my daughter to have psychiatric treatment for PTSD... As a career soldier myself of 20 years experience with the British Army and IDF, I know what Im talking about..

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I certainly understand your plight, and as a fellow man with more combat experience than I "signed on for" I can relate to the social and psychological aftermath of any armed conflict.

The problem lies in the fact that many of the same armed militants that have tried to kill both you and I have had family members or friends killed without reason by our respective sides.

Maybe Israel is more up-front about their intentions, but the rhetoric used by the IDF's top tier and the Israeli government do nothing but fan the flames.

Luckily I only spent about 3 operational months in Iraq, but I am not trying to justify either side's senseless killing of civilians. It just seems that from my experience with the IDF, the idea of mass civilian casualties, assuming they are non-Israeli, is highly acceptable. I can tell you that I have been involved in 5 court marshals between my time in-country in Iraq and the Stan. 4 of those were due to wrongful deaths involving non-militants, one was for property theft and assault on civilians. Obviously, the problem was much more severe in Iraq, with 4 of those 5 CM's coming from actions in that country. As an NCO, I can tell you that the unit I served in has 0-tolerance for cowboy bull#, and court marshalling trigger happy idiots was never once frowned upon. As far as I could gather from my time with IDF units, that type of correctional and judicial action from civilian deaths is virtually non-existent in the IDF's day to day operations.

I apologize for my immediate emotional response to the first post, it seems that seeing civilians being used as targets in that situation awoke some old feelings from my combat duties.

This isn't a "me against you" thing, as I understand the feeling of helplessness that comes with trying to do your duty in the midst of pure insanity.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

I have served in many theatres of war including Iraq, and know that most western career soldiers have not only chewed much dirt, but have a well developed sense of honour as you have... I have seen and experienced it...

Those kind of experiences cause us to tell the truth... Do you think for instance that IDF are going to have fluffy thoughts about the palastinians when they are trained to kill them and *others*???? That combined with REAL loss in terms of people and propety? Get some perspective!!

Myself as a 16 year old I was taught to hunt the Russians... I can honestly say that no Russian has done anything across me, but I was ready to kill them... And that is without provacation!! Put provacation into it then you can see why....

Either way.... Division does not work.. I hope they see it some day..

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
One thing that bothers me about this video that I also see in fake UFO videos is the camera setup. So we have a cameraman who just happens to be videoing people picking crops and panning back and forth to a rather far off guard post. With the opening scene of people picking I get this image of “ok everyone bend down and look like you are picking”…hehe look at it a couple of times, and you might see what I mean.

Also the cameraman is in between the pickers getting shot at and the guard post, so that means the bullets are going by him and he is not moving, ok. With all that said I see so much fake propaganda from both sides I tend to view mostly all videos from boths sides as a setup.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Here's to hoping brother.

I appreciate your insight and take it with serious consideration, especially given your length of service. I only served for six years and seven months. Spent 3 of those years at indoc, sere, jump, etc. Finally was able to get 3 1/4 tours under my belt until I got a nice scar, a purple and a ticket home.

I was given many nicknames throughout my service, most revolved around my love of philosphy, culture and religion. That sense of honour that you mentioned (which I greatly appreciate) was strengthened by my service, and despite the horrors and miracles that I've witnessed over the past eight years, I feel I've become a stronger and wiser individual.

I guess it is true what has been said: war brings out the best and worst in men. Until men like you and I (and the millions of others that are worthy) lead the governments of the world I sadly believe we will continue down a path of bloodshed and misunderstanding.

Thank you for the engaging conversation, I wish you and your family well into the future.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've only read a couple of the comments and I have no opinion about the video one way or another.. But, that being said.. The common notion that I see is that it's the camera man shooting.. However, and I'm no arms experts but, don't spent casings normally eject to the right?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

Yes, spent casings from a .22 semi-automatic rifle eject to the right. But, if you ever have had someone stand on the right hand side of you while you are shooting, the casing does sometimes bounce off and fly back the other direction.

The young man in the reddish colored shirt is watching the shooter as he runs to the left, and he and a friend actually hide behind the dirt mound to protect themselves from the shooter, the shot is coming from the area of the camera.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Can't be bothered .......Sorry

[edit on 13-5-2010 by ken10]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Just revisiting this. Find it a wee bit disconcerting that what was shown earlier, was not in fact the whole story. Neither is this, but - I don't think this was staged at all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join