It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message To All Oil Spill Gloomers---RELAX!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A clueless OP with no comprehension of the intricacies of ocean life...only aware of his needs/cares to live.
Sad...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Globalist seize on every environmental disaster to gain sympathy with joe public that the earth is overpopulated. In doing so they slowly gain consent from the public for incremental totalitarian methods of population control.

The earth will survive as it has for billions of years.

S&F

Its great that you point that out sir. Even here, on ATS I have seen people cry out for "the government to step up" and take responsibility for the disaster.

To the OP, mitigating the oil spill won't stop the flow.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I vote to close the thread or move it to HOAX... I have seen no PROOF of any of the OP's claims. There is no sourced info. The OP is blatantly disrespecting anyone who posts PROOF against their claims. I say PROOF or SOURCE of claims... or SHUT IT DOWN!~

I am willing to listen to any PROOF the OP has to offer... but I SEE NONE.

You can't compare this to ANY other oil spill/leak/drop/spew... something like THIS has never happened before. THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT AND HAVE FAILED SO FAR.

Answer this - What was the last oil disaster we didn't know how to handle and fix?

STOP POSTING TO THIS THREAD AND LET IT DIE IF MODS WON'T JUMP IN!~
!~

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
From reading, this thread isn't even really a serious argument. No offense intended, just truth. Creating an argument for the sake of argument isn't productive. Debate is good but I don't see this as serious debate.

We all know the ramifications of this oil-spill are serious, no matter how you slice it. Buy seafood now while you can still get it for less than $20/pound.

There, I'm one post closer to my 20 posts where I can start my Own attention-seeking thread...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

This thread should be in the Skunk Works.

This will be the worst ever oil spill in the world before its all over, so far there is no end in sight for the mess that is occurring.

When the hurricane season hits and all of that oil gets thrown inland on top of commercial buildings, houses, automobiles, orchards, crops, trees, grass, people and everything else; BP will be in really big trouble.

If the crops are hit by a hurricane and oil gets into the crops, the crops won't be edible by man or beast. The livestock won't eat it and then animals will die; domestic animals and wild animals like deer.

Can you imagine what the beaches are going to look like when the hurricanes hit? They will be ruined, the oil will be everywhere.

The Gulf of Mexico is a hurricane region unlike all of the other oil spill sites. Its basically a contained body of water that gets hit by hurricanes every season.

You definitely work for BP, but your propaganda isn't working.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by RussianScientists]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
To the OP, mitigating the oil spill won't stop the flow.
No mitigating will only save the coastline. Drilling the relief well will stop it.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
First of all, this is a disaster, this is no reason to relax whatsoever. I don't think "doom and gloom" is the appropriate phrase in this instance, maybe something along the lines of "concern" would be a bit better suited. This is not TEOTWAWKI, nor am I advocating for panic by any stretch of the imagination, but this needs to be contained and fixed and FAST.

I'm just lost as to why you see a reason to relax. How are you so relaxed when the best minds in the nation are still puzzled on how to control this? Even if this turns out to be easily fixable in the next few months, it's still effecting ecosystems and ways of life right now! Do you NOT care about people losing jobs? Do you not care about the environment in any way?

I still want to see even the slightest amount of evidence you have that we should not worry...anything...cite me something from a known source that says anything resembling your statements and I'll ease up a bit as well. For the time being, me and the rest of the sane world will monitor this situation closely and speculate from here on out...without you...and your b.s.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Justwondering, your agenda since joining ATS has been to down play this oil leak.
At first i thought you may have a point,but your research is lacking and your op is full of it.
Too much EVIDENCE to list,you come across as dis info agent.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by iceblue20-12]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
OP,
your thread is the funniest I have ever witnessed on ATS.
Really the most insane text ever. You have no clue at all whats happening right now in the Gulf and what this means for nature.

You are trying to be a reasonable voice but your not.
I think deep inside you are a very scared person. You should be. Everybody should be scared cause of what happening right now.
There is a sh#tload of oil coming out of a huge well every day and it will mess up the area BIG TIME.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
CNN now reporting the oil may only be hours away from the beaches.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin
OP,
your thread is the funniest I have ever witnessed on ATS.
Really the most insane text ever.

Well you must have missed this thread last week...
Gulf Oil Spill Another Extinction-Level HOAX?

THAT was the funniest thread I have seen in a while. Complete with claims that the gulf is always caked in oil, it's good for wild life and this spill is no big deal.

In the end I can't help but see these OPs as evidence of just how loyal some folks are to thier chosen world view and to what ends they will torture the truth to reconcile it with their needs.

Offshore Drilling and Big Oil interests have been deemed an ideological pillar in the conservative ranks and many just feel it is thier duty to defend it no matter what the circumstances by tried and true tactics...attacking the media and declaring them unreliable...declaring the disaster as some sort of conspiratorial play for political power...Downplaying the potential damage at every opportunity and simply squeezing their eyes shut to the truth.

It's the same strategy that has served them well for other issues...

For a certain segment of the ideologically committed population this will always be the case

[edit on 11-5-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by unruly1

Normally I am a sane man but when dealing with the abnormal I get quirky sometimes. BTW your pic makes you look like the the phsyco from Silence of the Lambs. You are a total beligerant idiot and I hope that one day they decide the only way to plug "THE LEAK" is with you head first.
Loser!

You know, that's Lt. Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) from the Aliens-movies?

But yeah, we can now quite safely say that the corporations are controlling everything. Welcome to the future. Dystopia that is.

I don't know if the OP is just ignorant or really an some sort of a PR-person for oil companies spreading lies in ATS, but this is exactly the kind of tactic they use. Enraging, isn't it? Belittleling, framing, lying, deceiving. Nothing is sacred when their profits are at stake.

[edit on 11/5/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Halliburton may also be implicated[50] in the oil spills in the Timor Sea off Australia in August 2009 and in the gulf of Mexico in April 2010 for improper cementing. An investigation is underway as to the cause of the Australia spill.

Halliburton

Can Halliburton afford some damage control? Just Wondering.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

I honestly don't think the OP is disinfo or a PR person or what-have-you. Based on the fact that previous posts indicate the OP was just as worried as the rest of us where then supposedly saw some of the area first hand and changed his/her mind, I sum it up to an ego trip.

The OP was in the same boat as just about every single other person in this country and perhaps the world, then didn't see enough damage to worry about in his/her own mind, and read that there have been bigger spills (even though this one is nowhere near over) and used it to bring everyone else down.

I think the OP saw this as an opportunity to overinflate his/her own intelligence and tout his/her supposed ability to do great research in order to make it seem like he/she had some sort of mental capacity the rest of us don't (in the OP's mind). I think the OP, probably usually has low self esteem, and is simply experiencing a pretty gnarly case of superiority complex right now. This is all simply conjecture, of course.

It will pass once the oil starts to hit the beaches. Though I imagine we won't get an apology from the OP for the name calling and ridicule. Most likely, the OP will simply disappear from ATS just as quickly as he/she appeared.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I apologize to all ATS'rs for my descriptive portrayal of the OP. I should have hit Ignore long before I lost my temper for his lack of compassion for our oceanic creatures

Please do not think any less of the OP......

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

A little something about the fishermen that have been "impacted" fishing/shrimping has not been good in the southern states for years due to overfishing and imported seafood from China and other places that don't regulate thir industries and they just dump product in the US at rock bottom pricing (blame our government for not fixing this)

Right, which means we have removed some of the effective filters out of the ocean. We have removed most of the wetlands that would of acted like buffers.

If it heads my way, we are screwed. As our filters are already considered in serious condition to begin with, and any natural filters, such as oysters, were removed a long time ago.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

When you say "we have removed" you actually mean hurricanes and natural erosion and wave action right hun? you don't really think humans are responsible for natural occuring erosion?...do you???

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Its plain foolish not to be seriously concerned about this. That much I know, and I watch no network news. And it is not just "some" fish and birds. Not to be factitious but you try an oil bath sometime. See if it just comes off, then come back and down play this again. You do no service with this stuff.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ikema

yes, yes, you're right, there is bids and fish flopping all over the coastline right now gasping for a breath of clean air. oil is lapping the beaches, fishermen are begging in the streets, dogs and cats sleeping together, it is the end, the end I tell you! zombies are running up and down the streets!!!! run!!! run!!!

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join