It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer for NYPD secretly records colleagues and superiors for over a year, exposes mass corruption!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Funny how the main stream news has not picked up on this...I mean they would be tripping over themselves if there was any trueth....

So by deduction and the fact this story comes from "The Village Voice" I have to call BS...

Remember a story is only as quality as the sources quality...

[edit on 18-5-2010 by TooRisky]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Two things that matter: The under reporting of crimes committed. Funding is tied to lowering the crime rate. This is so wrong on many levels.

Next, any arrest of a minority is automatically treated by the press as profiling and or brutality.

Cops are dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This officer is a real hero. If I lived there I would be honoured by his service. He certainly has done his country proud.

He really needs a medal.

I just hope he gets to keep his job and stay alive. And that his family is safe.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TooRisky

How do you figure that the MSM would be so interested in proof of police quotas and underreporting of serious crimes in poor minority neighborhoods in order to pad stats? The hard proof is key and better than any I have seen in the past, but it's kind of a "dog bites man" story in NYC - the allegations have been around since Giuliani's re-election in '97... and quite enough of us have personally been frisked, questioned, given bull# tickets and summonses, etc.

Twice in the last 10 years I personally have been stopped and ticketed for breaking the NYC Parks Dept. curfew of 1 AM... BEFORE 1 AM and had the case thrown out. Cops would not be at checkpoints giving these tickets at 12:15 and 12:25 AM to people just walking home through the park, if they weren't under pressure to issue tickets by any means possible. It sadly isn't that new or surprising.

BTW, much thanks to the person who posted the Corporate Avenger vid earlier in the thread for introducing me to a great band.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anyone know what happened with this story?
Was he drummed out of the force or is he a hero to them?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Thank you daddio for a very informative post. I wasn't aware of the 1957 novel 'Atlas Shrugged'. One cannot hep but see in this novel the anticipation of the war on drugs which was to materialize into the monster it has become. Create a boring, gray mundane society and then create an antidote or an escape from it and then create associations of guilt, and fear of reprisals and punishment for the use of it - and then you have created exactly what is outlined in Rand's novel.

Create the poison and the antidote and police both.

If human society survives the master plan to imprison the human soul, such novels as Rand's will be used in schools to explain to children the purpose behind the corporate/military society that we are in the grip of today.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join