It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a teacher in my district telling her students to not eat "Animals"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

That was the second funniest thing I have read today.

Thanks.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by azrael36
IMO if we weren't meant to eat "animals" then we wouldn't have the necessary equipment to do so. Whether u believe in evolution or creation/design there's no arguing that we aren't designed to eat meat. That is why we have the teeth of an omnivore. If one chooses to adhere to an herbivore diet then more power to them, I for one will eat meat. Because by god its just so YUMMY!!!

I agree!

We did not fight our way to the top of the food chain to become vegetarians.

I dont see cows in fields, i see burgers
big yummy burgers.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wow a lot of strong replies on this thread. I don't really care what one does, including the teacher, I do however, feel it's very inappropriate to try and force their beleifs on children too young to make an educated decision by themselves, and their parents arent much better to make that informed decision either, esp in this district. Sorry but Where I am living they aint exactly the sharpest crayons in the box... And their kids need someone who will educate them not have them making stupid half A***ed decisions.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

OMG too funny! I see fields of grazing t-bones, ny strips, rib eyes, porterhouse steaks, filet mignon, and double cheeseburgers! They can show those films of slaughterhouses all they want, doesn't bother me a bit. I actually work in a poultry plant, true after starting there initially I couldn't eat chicken for about 3 months, but after that, the desire for bar b qued chicken couldn't be resisted any longer. I ask one thing of my fellow meat eaters, EAT MORE CHIKN, I need a raise

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by azrael36
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

OMG too funny! I see fields of grazing t-bones, ny strips, rib eyes, porterhouse steaks, filet mignon, and double cheeseburgers! They can show those films of slaughterhouses all they want, doesn't bother me a bit. I actually work in a poultry plant, true after starting there initially I couldn't eat chicken for about 3 months, but after that, the desire for bar b qued chicken couldn't be resisted any longer. I ask one thing of my fellow meat eaters, EAT MORE CHIKN, I need a raise

Yeah but I bet that had more to do with the conditions of the poultry plant more than the idea of eating something that was alive. I am willing to bet if any of these kids had parents working at a poultry plant or slaughterhouse, many of them probably don't eat meat simply because of the unclean conditions. I myself would like to be able to buy only field and free range meat, or more better yet, hunted wild game. It's probably healthier for us meat eaters.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I agree it is certainly not a teachers job to push an agenda. It is their job to present the facts and all facets of a subject. Including the good and bad aspects of whatever is being taught.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

No, I agree, as I said, it's not the teacher's place.
It's OK to say eat more veggies, that is good. But to say don't eat any meat is wrong and ideological. Some of those kids may come from homes where only refined white bread and fried potato is eaten as a "veggie", and in such cases the meat is a strong source of B and other vitamins. Food is not good simply because it comes from plants, there's lots of ruined, fattening, plant-based junk food.
So she should say: eat more colorful veggies that are still crunchy. She should encourage the good instead of demonizing foods.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Sorry to go off topic. Actually when I started I worked in the sanitation department. It was my job to ensure that the plant was cleaned and sanitized to meet and exceed the usda standards. In my dealings with the sanitation side of the operation I took it as my own personal responsibility to ensure that I did as much as I could to ensure that I could limit any dangers that could be posed by unsanitary conditions. I have worked with some usda inspectors who were apallingly lax in their facility inspections. After a few inspections with those people I redoubled my efforts to ensure a sanitary environment. After all the thought of my mother eating a chicken from a place I worked that could potentially kill her was unbearable. Since then I've moved into the maintenance department. Now I ensure that my plant kills as many chickens as efficiently and quickly as possible. You don't want a plant manager tearing you a new bumhole because the equipment failed and now he's losing $5000/minute. That is not a good day

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

That's good. It's good to know some places and people are keeping up the standard. What is the name of the plant and how can I tell if my chicken comes from there? I would make sure I only bought theirs. I know I have seen some horror stories on places, but I have also seen the good ones too, on History channel. But they never tell you how to know where your meat comes from one of the horror stories, or one of the great places.

As I said before I would like to by farm/field or free range meats, however my budget doesn't allow for that luxury. It should be cheaper, but it's always so darn expensive.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I work for Claxton Poultry. If you live in the southeast region of the usa you can by our brand or if you by the store labelled brand from piggly wiggly, krogers or walmart that's also our product. We also supply a large portion of KFC's rotisserie marinated chicken, chic fil a, popeyes and nuggets to McDonalds.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

Okay from now on I'll be buying from walmart for chicken...lol. We always get the precooked ones there anyway...and I am in the SE. Lol.

Thanks.

Do they supply to winn dixie or publix that you know of? Those other places aren't around here. There are Krogers but I think on the atlantic side, not the gulf side.
I'll just egt it at wal mart if not...however they have a high price for meat, that's the only thing that isn't a deal at walmart. lol.

Okay sorry we went so off topic...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

What happened to teaching your children balance? I thought that is why we invented the Food Pyramid, to teahc children to balance all their meals and not get to much of one thing? It's my opinion that the teacher shouldn't just stae things out like that, but do it more point-making fashion such as. The pros and cons of a balanced diet to a diet of strictly veganissm and strictly meat. Which vegetables have this and that and which meats have this and that. I think the point of the thread is to point out that when a teahcer says things as a matter-of-fact like that it makes an impression on the children and their job is to inform and educate, not tell what to eat and how to live.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
And that is exactly the problem. Most of the vegetables can't accept different lifestyles they need to advertise their veggielifestyle as the only right one.

Chillies are the worst. They just hang around all day boasting about what hot stuff they are, and expect us to do the same.

Most vegetables can't accept that i like to eat meat (every day :-p) and see the need to tell me that it's "unhealthy" and tell me about those "poor animals" and #.

You're right. I just won't walk through the vege part of the supermarket any more. All those potatoes and pumpkins harassing me to give up meat and eat them instead ...

I would never go to a vegetable and say "come on, eat a steak bastard" because it would be stupid.

I know. I tried that on a lettuce, and it just wouldn't listen.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
it would be great if healthy nutrition was taught in schools. Kids could learn how to eat healthily on an omnivore, vegetarian or vegan diet so they would be more free to make up their own minds later. But telling kids to eat or not eat meat is silly. A kid already on a poor diet could get sick if they cut meat out of it.

Originally posted by ItsAgentScully
At their age they need the nutrients vegan/vegetarian meals don't supply.

Not true.
However you have to know what you are doing and choose foods carefully to bring up healthy vegetarian children. I wouldn't advocate a vegan diet for children, as doing that healthily is just too difficult. (However it still can be done.) But a vegetarian diet with tortillas and beans, (corn and beans make perfect protein when combined,) lentils and cornbread, curried cashews and rice, supplemented by eggs, milk, yogurt and cheese, (and veges of course,) is easy to raise healthy children on.

I do believe eating should be a source of pleasure, whatever your diet.

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Believe me some of these parents aren't even capable of that, for one the child who told me about this her parents are not capable of knowing the proper diet of a vegetarian. And if I hadn't been in nursing school, I would not be capable, it isn't common knowledge it takes a committment and research!

You're right. It's easy enough for parents in a mainly vegetarian culture, but when becoming vegetarian in a predominantly meat-eating culture one needs to do one's research first.

There's a lot more to a healthy vegetarian diet then just cutting out meat.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
shes right. she gives the children information. the parents can be just eating flesh zombies, and never give the option to their children of not consuming that antidepressant.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join