It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatima Jacinta 1972 Warning !! A Deception...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think outside Islam the Catholic church is the most retarded religon on the planet. Pray and pay for forgiveness?? What a joke. Why do I need a pope to help me enter heaven when he was born into sin as well? I don't like the Papal hierarchy and I believe it goes against Jesus message.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Birkhoff, your the first Catholic I have ever heard admit the Church (Popes Church) was corrupt. Mary never came to earth in spirit. To speak to anyone. I was just a devil. Performing signs and wonders.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You see my signature right - The Truth does Hurt

But, I will always be a 'C'athlic based on John 6:51

Whenever any religious leader or organization strays from the Written Word of God then it's easy to say that they are corrupt.

It doesn't affect me in any way other than the fact that as a follower of His Word, you get tired looking for a Home.

But, tis the life of the Believer.

Even so - Come Lord Jesus!!!

< B

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I understand but, communion does not make you Catholic.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
"communion" does not - But the Knowledge of the Truth of It does.
Knowing that Jesus Himself said that "It" is His Flesh and the only way to have eternal life is to eat "His" Flesh.

Lets Not to hijack this thread on this matter, send me a U2U to discuss this matter or we could start a new thread.

Sorry to everyone for going off course - I tend to do that y'know.

< B

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Mary spoke to them in fatima. And it just says that he who well come and say he is god. Never says anything about mary.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Has anyone come to think that perhaps Catholicism from the begining was flawed and perhaps is not the true "church" of Christ. Historically there was a church that worshiped Jesus prior to the one founded by Peter. Jesus' brother James founded a church which roamed the middle east and praised the teachings of christ. We are all well acustomed to the typical bedtime story of Peter arriving in Rome and professing the teachings of Jesus and later dying a marter at the hands of the Roman Empire. But what is often overlooked is an intense power struggle between the disciples during and after the life of Christ. This is confirmed by the gnostic scriptures which were later outlawed by the church of Peter aka todays modern roman catholic church. Jealousy ran rampent especialy conserning Mary Magadeline. This leads to the whole black madonna theory which is entire discussion in itself. It is historicaly acceptable to argue that while James and Mary were off starting there own church Peter at the same time was starting his. James later died of quite mysterious circumstances when he "fell" down stairs at the entrance to a temple of a city which at this time escapes me. If their was a powerplay between two competeing rival churches each professing the teachings of christ differently one may surmise that perhaps Peter founded a church on false pretenses and the never fully established church of James was indeed the true church of christ. Thus leading to an era where a church crippled human development for centuries.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What about the children in Garabandal? And Padre Pio the stigmatist?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 15-6-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

[edit on 15-6-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
this is just my opinion on religion.

I think this world exists in chaos. We need to co-exist in a balance of positive and negative influences. Without these influences we would never evolve or progress. By having both pain/suffering and love/kindness in the world this allows us to achieve compassion and understanding which allows us to evolve further up the ladder.

Having said that Religion is a corruption of the early teachings which were pure. Man manipulated and corrupted these teachings so he could deceive men into following the supposed right path through fear of judgement. There is no judgement other than the one your mind will impose upon you.

The problem with religion is that you can not tell someone they have to be good just for the sake of being good. Each and every person has to achieve their own personal understanding of what good and evil is.

Nobody has the right to impose their will on anyone. Not through oppression intimidation belittling or any other forms of control.

Control of man is what is evil. Allowing people to make their own decisions without fear of ridicule is what being spiritual is about. Tolerance and love for mankind even though mankind will do some pretty awful things.

Until man can accept that people make mistakes on their path to greater understanding, only then can tolerance and acceptance for your fellow man exist.

People need to be guided along a spiritual path and allowed to develop their own beliefs so that people feel a STRONG undeniable sense of what is right and wrong. That way nobody can ever take that away from them. Only then can they see through the deceit and lies and manipulation that man throws their way.

Organized religion may seem to some as the right way to do things but it is the very fact that religion encourages people to worship without question that contributes to the demise of mankind. People must learn to question ALL and seek knowledge and meaning in everything. Then they can let their intuition/spirit/soul guide them and talk to them and tell them in their heart they are on the right path.

just my opinion.....

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
soooo we are back to an asteroid hitting us on June 18th ......yet AGAIN?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
the inverted cross represents the manner in which st. peter was killed-crucified upside down. the popes are successors to st. peter.the catholic church traces its origins directly to the apostles.Fatima,lourdes and others have undergone the most stringent investigations in order to be accepted by the church.through them extraordinary events have occured including spiritual and physical healings.some of the accusations against the catholic church and marian apparitions presented here are most ignorant as they do not appear to be researched at all.remember, the catholic church has existed since the time of the apostles,therefore it is fair to say that it was the first christian church-the one Jesus Himself built upon the "rock" which was st. peter.you are indeed implying that Jesus is a liar!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join