It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Disagrees on Obama Birth Certificate Issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Anderson Cooper Disagrees on Obama Birth Certificate Issue

www.cnn.com

CNN's Anderson Cooper has a heated debate with "birther" Terrence Lakin and his attorney.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Looking_Glass]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I found this interview intriguing. The mass media including CNN seem to really know how to silence critics and discredit when they deem it appropriate. I also found it comical to see the words "Keeping them honest" flashing across the screen. Goodness....

I'm interested in hearing some opinions regarding the arguments presented in the interview.

(I'm not quite sure how to imbed video so I included the link.)

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Check up on You Tube and see if your video is there.

If you find it - the click on 'share'.
A box will pop up with a bunch of letters and number in it.
Look close near the end for the = sign.
Cut paste all the info AFTER the = sign only.
Come back here to this thread, hit edit, hit YouTube Video and when the little box pops up paste the info you copied before, in that box.

There ya go!

In the mean time I better go listen to the video on CNN right!

EDIT: I couldn't get CNN to play - I'll try again in a bit.

peace and good luck with your thread!

[edit on 11-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for your time. This video isn't on Youtube. The "CNN" link posted will take you right to the interview however.

I'm more or less interested to hear from those that actually are interested in the issue. I found it curious that the interviewer would silence or speak over the attorney at key points of the conversation.

Edit: That's extremely odd, the interview seems to either be timing out for some reason. Ive never seen that occur before. I'll also wait and try again a bit later and see if it's actually working.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Looking_Glass

I am interested and I edited my post. I figured my sarcasm wouldn't set.
Also, I checked YouTube myself, and you're right - nothing there yet.

Can you give us a run-down what the video says? Not just for me but the people who can't watch cause they're at work or can't get the video?

My sarcasm/frustration only comes from feeling that as every new day passes by we're one day farther from ever learning the truth.

peace

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Looking_Glass

I am interested and I edited my post. I figured my sarcasm wouldn't set.
Also, I checked YouTube myself, and you're right - nothing there yet.

Can you give us a run-down what the video says? Not just for me but the people who can't watch cause they're at work or can't get the video?

My sarcasm/frustration only comes from feeling that as every new day passes by we're one day farther from ever learning the truth.

peace

Seems to be working now. =)

Cooper seemed to be diverting from the issue including one part where he would confuse "natural born citizen" with "citizen".

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Cooper came across as a tool of tptb. He lost his credibility with me when he talked over the "birther." I could not listen to the whole interview. It was obvious he had an agenda and was not interested in a fair interview. At that point it was easy to turn it off.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There's a thread on this here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This was the most one-sided debate I have every seen! What gives, could he not be more one-sided and divisive. What kind of interviewer speaks over their guests and tries to answer for them? It is really disgusting, and now Anderson Cooper thinks he is the judge and jury on this matter? He is supposed to be at least fair and objective. Not one inkling of those crucial elements were present in this interview. All I saw was an interview that appeared to be more an interrogation, than an interview. This man has his doubts, regardless of how cockamamie they may be. Let him tell his story, and let the viewers make up their minds about it!

However, as a person with such a large viewing audience and a major news show, he ought to give his guests common courtesy and allow his guest to at least finish their statements. It is absolutely ridiculous that people watch this garbage and believe they are receiving an objective view of current events in this country. It was one-sided and fraught with political bias. Mr. Cooper ought to be wearing his Obama emblem t-shirt, because he could not be more obvious about how he feels on this issue. Talking over someone, inciting knee-jerk responses, and other well suited techniques are for an interrogation room in some inner city or war zone. However, this is supposed to be an intelligent debate, and all I saw was a window into CNN and Mr. Anderson Cooper.

To be fair, all major networks are guilty of being cheerleaders for whomever their corporate share-holders support. It is a sad state of affairs when people are having their minds made up for them by something that ought to be informative, objective, and interesting instead of propaganda. Thank goodness there are other alternatives to get a wider picture of things in the news. This display was just more cheerleading and propaganda, and Mr. Cooper ought to offer an apology for allowing his personal feelings on the matter to taint the debate with the Colonel.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
All I saw here was another cowardly officier deciding to disobey his oath to the United States military (Checks and Balances belong to Congeress and the Supreme Court, not a soldier).
I have served over 15 years in the military under dueche bag Presidents and worse commanders, and never once have I ever even thought of taking some chicken # stance like this. I, like many in my unit, were activated and doing our duty during Katrina while are house were under water and our family were living in hotels.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible thought

And all I saw was a career officer standing up for what he sees as a legitimate question of eligability for his commander and chief. The lawyer is correct. The certificate of live birth is NOT a certified birth certificate. The lawyer is also correct in that this issue can be settled tonight by showing the country President Obama's Certified birth certificate. Seriously now, how hard is that? Pooof it all goes away and the truthers are put in place. Someone please, put me in place so I can stop spreading rumors that our President is not bonified.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Forget that it's about obama..

Lets say the court of public opinion was the NHL..

When the star players of the Washington "DC Mafia" team are being threatened on ice, the coach resorts to the same old tactic every hockey fan of every team can see from the cheap seats: They send out the goons, the checking line.. on a mission to protect their star players by intimidating the other team with an old fashioned beat-down.

In this instance NHL phenom Wayne Gretzky is obama, and cooper is Marty McSorley... sent to drop the gloves & clobber anyone who dare challenge "The great one".

Ignore which party leader or politician is the subject of scandal, focus on the historical pattern of how the MSM/political establishment tries to protect those ultimately found guilty while discrediting & destroying all critics.. or threats to power... remember how gw bush treated war critics? or the clintons did re: the blow job incident?

Anything that poses a real threat to expose some ugly elitist truth, it seems, gets a media moniker that just happens to sound kinda gay, shady, or weird.. like: "Birther", "Truther", "Tea-bagger", "terrorist" or "Conspiracy theorist".. Almost as lame as a "Trekkie".. name calling is followed with verbal talking point dogma vomit from GOP & DNC clowns, THEN the MSM smearing starts using so called "trusted faces", AKA useful idiots, like cooper.

Media elitists like coop who could care less about being accurate about 9/11, the war on drugs/terrorism/birtherism/conspriacyism... as long as those divisive/disparaging talking point seeds get planted in the cranial fertilizer mush of divided & conquered American humanity.. or lack there of. GOP & DNC party leader lies that kill 1 million innocent souls in our name, just doesn't seem to concern us much.. the recent whereabouts of Sandra Bullocks husbands penis, well.. inquiring minds!! **BREAKING NEWS**

new topics

top topics

join