It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your most significant experience of time shift

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
not sure if this is "time shift" but it did my head rite in!

the other week when we had bank holiday Monday the day passed OK,
the next day came (Tue) and that went normally to.

I had a lot of meetings/appointments scheduled for wednesday and i had
been preparing all the relevant things in order for that day.

i went to bed Tuesday pretty late and as i had all these things to do
the next day starting just after dinner i took the day off work

i awoke and looked at my phone and to my horror it said Thursday
and the time was 1.30ish PM!, I shot out of bed to find another source
of information regarding the day so i put the TV on and it was indeed
Thursday!

i don't know what the hell happened to wednesday i felt like i had been
grabbed hold of and spun round 100 times and was disoriented
and dizzy and confused also a little upset.

i missed all the appointments etc and for the rest of the week i felt
so confused and stressed. how i had managed to sleep over 24 hours
was beyond me.

i did lose a day a long time ago but that was due to illness and i
did feel a little odd then but no where near as bad.

it took me over a week to feel normal and to get my bearings
back and calm down as it really stressed me out.

cant explain it other than the bank holiday maybe being a factor
and just really needing the sleep.

i have not remembered anything strange that may account for
the missing day but if anyone has had a similar experience i would
like to hear from you, if so you will no how i felt when i say
it screwed my head big time and spun me out.

been nothing else since and i can do without it happening again.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thank you, I am usually serene but I am fed up with that trolling crap. Like your signature too. That's funny!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I remember Stephen Hawking dying. I remember it clearly - I posted RIPs on Twitter and Facebook etc. which are gone. And now he is still alive.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

Well I assume if you used twitter this was a fairly recent "alleged death" and I can assure you there has been no such news, even hoaxes about Mr Hawkings demise.

I can understand someone getting confused about an apparent celebrity death some time ago, when there is little in the way of evidence to back up what they thought or they may just have been misled with the usual run of the mill hoaxes that appear quite often on the internet, but if you twittered and facebooked it, I'm sure that someone would have corrected you, rather than just delete all of your messages

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Yeah it's really, really odd. It was last year that he died, so when his new TV series came on recently, I was shocked. I only know of two other people who remember him dying.

Funny old fluctuating reality.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

Yes, but he didn't die last year, nor do I know anyone who thought that he had, nor were there any hoaxes about him dying that I know of. Maybe you heard that someone else died and got him mixed up with them? But I really can't see that an internet service like twitter/facebook could be manipulated in a time shift type scenario, too many people use it simultaneously for posts to appear then disappear in the way you describe.

Perhaps you dreamt it? I don't mean that disrespectfully, but I have had a dream where I really thought I was having a genuine phone conversation with a friend, it was so real that after I woke up, I had to phone her and ask if I had actually rung her - I hadn't but I suppose the same thing could happen only you were dreaming that you heard the news and then twittered/facebooked it and didn't necessarily recall the dream until a later time at which point you thought you remembered hearing about his death and then twittering etc only to check your twitter/facebook and realise that there were no posts relating to his death?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cross8712

Here's what happens...

I will have my ipod on, or be hooked to a computer, with the headphones in my ears, just listening, doing anything normal.(Sometimes the car speakers seems to do it too.)

The pitch drops in the music. Its sounds like the music slows down and the beats get farther apart, but only for a few second, then it returns to normal. It's not a specific song, and I know all of my music well. It's completely random and unexpected, seeming like time slowed down, or I sped up.

Since I've began to notice it more, I started to realize that there is normally a timeless period happening all around me as well. I can only compare it to a moment where you fall or are about to get hurt. When everything seems to slow down because of something that triggers in your brain. I'm not sure my music could trigger the feeling of fear because there is actually something about the beats and melodies that seem extremely euphoric. I'm no sure what it is.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Cross8712]

I'm going to have to experiment with listening to hardstyle now. If your brain is going into slow time down mode, that would be a very useful tool to train.

I doubt this is even supernatural. It is probably a psychological thing.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I dont believe in this stuff but somethings I have noticed is I drive from Glasgow to Edinburgh twice a day to work, twice in the last 6 months I have noticed landmarks that I am sure where never there before. These are a tower at grangemouth and one in Edinburgh. I am very observant on the roads and always keep a keen eye out for the police so is just bizarre. Plus I have been driving the same route for 6 years on and off so explain that
I feel there is something wrong in the world these last few years and think we are coming to the end

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So any other good stories. OnTheLevel, good story, it seems not so funny when it starts happening to you right? Well all I can say is I am in another reality more like mine most things that were odd for months have now became as they were before the weird started to happen. The movies are the way I remembered them and so are the rest of the things around. For one the bar up the street no longer has the sign that appeared overnight and it dissappeared overnight just like when it showed up. I feel more in place now and things haven't been screwy for weeks. It's refreshing.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I dont believe in this stuff but somethings I have noticed is I drive from Glasgow to Edinburgh twice a day to work, twice in the last 6 months I have noticed landmarks that I am sure where never there before. These are a tower at grangemouth and one in Edinburgh. I am very observant on the roads and always keep a keen eye out for the police so is just bizarre. Plus I have been driving the same route for 6 years on and off so explain that
I feel there is something wrong in the world these last few years and think we are coming to the end

Err - you don't go through Grangemouth to get from Glasgow to Edinburgh - I've been driving that road for years and I can assure you that Grangemouth is nowhere near either Glasgow or Edinburgh, it's closer to Falkirk and is on a totally different road! So unless you're not driving along the M8 I'm not really sure how you could pass through Grangemouth on your journey from Glasgow to Edinburgh!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by destination now]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Here's a link to the area on Google Maps

maps.google.co.uk...,-4.064941&sspn=12.083905,28.256836&ie=U TF8&t=h&z=9

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I live in Kirkintilloch, go through Kilsth take the M9 thru Falkirk and past Grangemouth, onto the M8 and the city bypass, unless you live in another dimension where these roads dont exist
The M8 is a nightmare that I avoid like STI`s

[edit on 26/5/10 by On the level]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

If you had said you drove from Kirky everyday, I probably wouldn't have commented, as there are obviously easier routes from there, but as you said Glasgow to Edinburgh, I assumed you were coming from the centre, in which case it would be mad to drive that route - very long way for a short cut, even with the hell that is the M8!

No, I just live in the dimension where Australia and New Zealand are in the same places they always were, and where I'm prepared to accept that if I was wrong about something, e.g. a celeb I thought was dead isn't, or something isn't in the same place I left it, then I have obviously just made a mistake, or had a misunderstanding, rather than attributing to a time slip/alternative time line

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I can completely understand why people would disdain this topic.

Frankly, I think that their concerns about the people posting in them have some validity.

I think that numerous people who post in the threads are perhaps....not dealing well with reality.

That said - I do believe and have experience variation of this nature. I know I am not the only person doing so.

Reality, time, dimension "shift" "slip" are merely words attempting to explain some phenomena that may be mental or physical in nature.

I do think there is differences - though not what is being described on this board.

These are "intuitive" descriptions.

It would be far more useful to get a range of responses, and then form some categories based on the criteria given. This would be at least then allow for categorization based on something - even if that something is errors in thought.

For example - there is no significant difference between one small group of people sharing a difference in a memory and 100,000 people sharing it. These aren't different things - they are differences in scale not functionality. The biggest difference between the two is repeatability. More of the same gives soemthing more weight. It doesn't make it more or less true though.

Differences in time movement, differences in environmental factors, differences in geographic factors, differences in people, differences in historical or pop culture recall. These MAY be related to each other, but without categorization you'll never know.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Very good post, and you have put it far better than I could. So many of these timeline/slip threads revolve round anecdotal evidence that cannot be easily refuted by others, for example the poster who thought Stephen Hawking was dead, I have no idea why she thought that and as such cannot disprove that she did in fact believe that he had died. I did however question her assertion that she had twittered and facebooked the news only to have the posts allegedly disappear and her belief that this was caused by a fluctuating timeline. I suggested that perhaps she had dreamed the scenario, which then gave her a false memory of the event, but she hasn't replied.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Your hypothesis however is no more provable.

Providing that the poster is honest (always an issue), and not prone to mental or psychological defect, what you have is your opinion on an event that is no more valid for being skeptical than her honest experience of it.

Being skeptical in and of itself is not more logical. Being at a remove and being based on literally NO data, ancedotal or otherwise, it may in someways be less logical.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

No, I can no more prove my opinion than those who believe they have been in a time slip, with the exception, in the specific point I made, of Stephen Hawking very much being alive, and that is not my opinion or belief, it is a fact.

However, I am prepared to accept that I am not always right, and welcome other perspectives and opinions rather than just defend my belief, backed up by nothing more than my perception of events. I have put forward an alternative theory, not claiming that I am correct, but just hoping for some dialogue, or more information as to why the poster genuinely believes that she had the experience, but as yet have not had a response.

I believe in the existence of spirits/ghosts and believe I have lived in a haunted house, but I don't say much about it in threads, because I am aware it is my subjective belief based on my experience. Other people though would immediately rubbish my claims unless I could provide proof. Whilst at this point I do believe in spirits/ghosts, I am not immune to having my mind changed if events led me to believe otherwise. But I totally accept that if I am making claims about living in a haunted house, I can expect that skeptics may want to challenge my beliefs and will want to question me, and as my answers are based on something I personally experienced and they have not, then I understand that they are unlikely to change their minds and I wouldn't get all "precious" about it, like many on these timeshift threads!

The other point you mention is also valid, we can never know who is sitting behind a computer screen and whether they are honest or not or whether they have a mental illness where they do genuinely believe these things are happening. I tend to go for the positive approach though, especially on this forum and I will assume that posters are honest and sane, until they give me good reason to assume otherwise.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Okay like I had said previously, I think things have returned more to my original reality. For one, a friend of mine that had suddenly stopped talking to me via the internet (We've been friends for about 22 years as well, I have two friends for the last 22 years and they both keep in touch with me and I them) Well like I said about six months ago I stopped hearing from this friend and now she is responding to me again. I thought she was angry at me because she was talking to the other friend of 22 years(we've all 3 stayed friends), and I asked the other if she had said anything like she was angry at me and that friend said "no, no, not to me she never said that." So I am like
and now though one of my shirts has changed it was a plain pocket button up pinkish/peach colored shirt but now it's got beatiful crystalline same color as shirt dragonflies at the top of the pockets. I know it was plain now its not so again,
, and now my head is spinning and
. The weirdest thing is I love dragonlies and I never was very fond of this shirt because I don't do plain, ya know, so this is just whacky now I will love this shirt.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I've been meaning to post about this since it happened and I guess it belongs in here.

A couple of weeks ago, shortly after five in the afternoon, I looked out the window by my desk where I work at home, and saw my girlfriends car on the driveway. I thought this was strange as she would not normally arrive home until half an hour later at the earliest. I finished off what I was doing, looked out the window again, then walked round to the kitchen, which is where the front door is, to meet her on her way in. After standing there for a couple of minutes, I looked out the window in the kitchen and the car was gone. I decided she had probably forgotten to pick something up from the local shop on the way home, or something like that, and had gone back to get whatever it was. I went back to my desk and continued working.

Half an hour later, she arrived home, and denies all knowledge of being there earlier. In fact, given the time she finishes work and how far she has to drive home, getting there half an hour early would not have been possible without leaving work early.

Possible explainations:

1: I'm going a bit mad. There is a fence between the window and the driveway so the view is partially obscured. Maybe there was never a car there at all. However, I looked out that window twice, a minute or two apart and saw the same thing. I also do the same thing three days a week, for the last eight months to see if she is back yet, and every time events have been like you would expect.

2: Someone else parked there. I admit this is possible, that someone else with the exact same car, in the same colour, with the same wheels, pulled into my driveway and parked for a couple of minutes to take a phone call or whatever. Seems pretty unlikely though. The car in question is very unusual round here, and there is plenty of space by the road to pull over without parking in my driveway.

3: She is lying to me. Why would she do that? She could have told me she did get home early, having left work early, but forgot to drop something in the post box or get something from the shop. I would have believed that and forgotten about the whole event by now, especially since thats what I assumed had happened. Again, its possible, but not at all likely.

4: No one knows. My girlfriend thinks I'm going mad. I post this on here. No one else knows either. Everyone is confused. I think I'm going with this explaination for now.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have had some extraordinary experiences with time dilation and reality shifts but why relate them if the trolls are going to tell me I'm lying, demented or seeking attention.

There is a big difference between debunking and disagreement and personal attacks.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join