It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your most significant experience of time shift

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

have u ever had those days where you are unusually clumsy and feel like you're "not in your body"? or u notice yourself thinking/acting differently? or have memories that others don't?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

No I haven't had those. Sorry. That would be freaky though. I do sometimes notice though that I will wake up extrememly happy or B**** for no other apparent reason than I think to myself "WTF?"," Why Am I So Happy or Moody?"

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
ive had some kind of a skip every once in a while. i seem to find myself in a time that is reminiscent of what Atlantis is rumored to have been like. people interact with me and act like they know me even and i instinctively fit in and know what i was doing there and it feels natural too. then eventually i get back to this time and place

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I don't know if you would classify this particular one as a time shift but I'm guessing it was. I was driving from Virginia back to my house (It's in Kentucky, a nice 8-9 hours away.) for some vacation time. (I had actually just flown up from Florida but I didn't have any jet lag :up
I had been on the road for around four hours and the trip had been pretty good so far. It was still really early in the morning and the roads were relatively empty. I was using my laptop that's attached to the center console and listening to some music. I wasn't tired and I didn't blank out or anything. But I looked at the clock and it said 5:00 am or something around that time. I thought alright I'm making some progress.

I made a couple of calls, listened to a few more songs and basically tried to pass the time. 30-40 minutes had to have gone by. At least it felt like that. I look back at the clock and it shows that only a few minutes had passed. The car clock showed the exact same time and so did my phone. But I listened to at least ten songs (4-5 minutes each) and made 7 calls. I was also completely awake at the time and it really felt like a period of time had passed.

I've had plenty of strange days but this one freaked me out. I called back a few times to separate people and they all said only a few minutes had passed. I can't really explain it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have had a couple of noticeable mini slips. One happened when I was working a midnight to 7:00 AM job and it's 11 PM I'm in the bathroom getting ready and suddenly I'm in the car 10 miles down the road on the way to work. It was like I just blinked and I was there. Very weird.

Second time I was on the way to a different job ten years later approximately I look at the clock on the stove. 7:45am. I drive the 2 miles to work. Everything is normal if a little quiet and I get to work. I am ready to punch in and I look at the clock. 7:45.

Now if I could bottle that and sell it I would be a millionaire.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I am concerned about this new ATS fad of calling things "timeline shifts".

First some guy forgot where New Zealand was, and he got more than a thousand posts, many from people that agreed with him that he had not, in fact, been incorrect, but that everyone else in the world was incorrect, and only those few people knew about it.

Now we're applying the same phrase he used to all kinds of stupid crap.

Why is this?

We've given up on Reptilians, it seems. All the guys saying that Bush would seize power in 2008 have given up, and not one of them is blaming a timeline shift. Nobody even talks about John Titor any more (even though this took four years after the Olympics he said would never happen.) The GFL is decidedly out.

These were, or are, obvious fads within the ATS community. An example of another major one in progress is the whole Nibiru thing; largely unheard of before a few years ago, it came out of nowhere and rocketed to fame as a favorite go-to topic of particularly nutty theorists.

Each one of these fads occupied our attention for many years; each of them was incredibly silly, and each of them attracted a saddening number of vociferous adherents. Here, in this thread, we are witnessing part of the genesis of a new one; this is not the first of its type, but it is an attempt to capitalize on a popular recent thread, and I am concerned that it might work.

I'd just like to point this out, in hopes that this will help certain people really think, rationally, about this whole "timeline shift" thing, so it can go ahead and fizzle out now, before we have to deal with three months of "timeline shift" threads on the front page of ATS.

Thanks.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

Before you discredit a time shift can you properly explain time? Or time perception?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
We have some ideas about it, but no, I can't really do them justice here.

How about you? Please, explain the quantum mechanics behind timeline shifts.

What is your working mechanical definition of 'timeline', for instance? How do they 'shift'? Why do they affect only isolated things, like pool stairs and New Zealand? How come only certain people know about it, and heaps of evidence (which everyone else remembers just fine) discredits pretty much every instance of this 'phenomenon' reported on ATS?

As far as New Zealand goes... if the 'timeline' means the entire geological history of Earth (and presumably, in that case, the history of the cosmos which produced it), wouldn't even a tiny shift in starting conditions have caused a much greater effect? And, if Earth's whole history was really different in the world that poster remembered, wouldn't the local coastlines at least have 'shifted' with the island, so as to fit with one another as per the established precepts of plate tectonic theory?

And for an example mentioned in this thread, the pool stairs... which do you genuinely believe is more likely:

either

A) that guy who wrote the post you read on that other forum was making stuff up,

B) the people in his story actually misremembered how many stairs were in their pool, as corroborated by their photographs,

or

C) that there exists a parallel Universe in which every atom took precisely the same course through the entirety of the history of the Cosmos, except the small handful of them which comprises one of that family's pool stairs, which exists in one Universe but not in the other. And, to top it off, that family, as it happens, has somehow traveled between Universes, arriving in our world, where there aren't as many stairs in their pool, and are now forced to make a bold stand against disbelief and derision in a world gone mad.

I'm willing to allow that C might be correct. It's certainly the most fun. It's just a question of probabilities, and C requires many more conditions to be true than either A or B. Therefore, it's less probable.

I don't claim to have a perfect understanding of the mechanics of time. Of course, you knew that, so asking was pretty disingenuous of you. But I'm willing to be that you don't either, and that such theories as I do have require a lot less complexity than yours seem to. I'm just saying.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah....nobody cares blahblahblah....why did you even bother stopping by this thread? We are so sick of trolls...

Ugggggghhhhh don't you people ever give up?Correction: NOBODY'S listening.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
Once I read on another forum that there was a family who was coming back to their home, the one they use for holiday and they all discovered something weird in their pool, and they all remembered a particular step that was part of the concrete of the pool that was now missing...
They checked up their pictures and the step was never there, on those pictures. But they all remembered the step...

Post your most strange and significant experience of time shift...

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Zagari]

I posted this about my pool on another forum, but I could not find any photos of that area of the pool. All four of us remember the step being in the deep end, as our kids would sit on it. It was a great accomplishment for them to be in the deep end. After we returned from our summer vacation the step was missing. No explanation possible. The pool is concrete, and so was the step - built into the side of the pool. Impossible to remove. Just a simple change in the time line I guess.......wonder what else changed?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

And for an example mentioned in this thread, the pool stairs... which do you genuinely believe is more likely:

either

A) that guy who wrote the post you read on that other forum was making stuff up,

B) the people in his story actually misremembered how many stairs were in their pool, as corroborated by their photographs,

or

C) that there exists a parallel Universe in which every atom took precisely the same course through the entirety of the history of the Cosmos, except the small handful of them which comprises one of that family's pool stairs, which exists in one Universe but not in the other. And, to top it off, that family, as it happens, has somehow traveled between Universes, arriving in our world, where there aren't as many stairs in their pool, and are now forced to make a bold stand against disbelief and derision in a world gone mad.

I'm willing to allow that C might be correct. It's certainly the most fun. It's just a question of probabilities, and C requires many more conditions to be true than either A or B. Therefore, it's less probable.

I don't claim to have a perfect understanding of the mechanics of time. Of course, you knew that, so asking was pretty disingenuous of you. But I'm willing to be that you don't either, and that such theories as I do have require a lot less complexity than yours seem to. I'm just saying.

Nope. Only one step in the deep end (to sit on really). All 4 of us remembered it. It was an important component to our pool since at the time neither child could swim or stand in ANY area of the pool - it was a safety issue that is much missed.

We have no explanation. I dropped the matter since I cannot find a photograph and most people don't trust posts like this in an internet forum. So you will just have to take my word for it. Discussion of possible theories and other similar examples is a good use of our collective time.

Steel

[edit on 20-5-2010 by SteelLRS]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am 22, still pretty young, and open minded. I have the strangest experiences though, and have my entire life. The most current that I'd like to bring up has to do with sound, pitch, frequency and speed of the beats to be exact.

I listen to hardstyle. It is an electronic style of music with repetitive kicks and bass and a catchy soundtrack style melody thrown in. I love the music, and I dance to it. The beats are usually 4x4, or 140-145 beats per minute.

Here's what happens...

I will have my ipod on, or be hooked to a computer, with the headphones in my ears, just listening, doing anything normal.(Sometimes the car speakers seems to do it too.)

The pitch drops in the music. Its sounds like the music slows down and the beats get farther apart, but only for a few second, then it returns to normal. It's not a specific song, and I know all of my music well. It's completely random and unexpected, seeming like time slowed down, or I sped up.

Since I've began to notice it more, I started to realize that there is normally a timeless period happening all around me as well. I can only compare it to a moment where you fall or are about to get hurt. When everything seems to slow down because of something that triggers in your brain. I'm not sure my music could trigger the feeling of fear because there is actually something about the beats and melodies that seem extremely euphoric. I'm no sure what it is.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Cross8712]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Oh well I was in this really weird timeline.

New Zealand was on the left hand side of Australia.

Lol :/

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Found myself eating a Big Mac in a Burger King, that was weird....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Zagari.....

I think I am in a time-shift right now.

My wife informs me my mother in law has only been here for a day.

I am sure she's been here for a week.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I KNOW that you stole my beer in your last time shift. You are one incredible #@!% for doing that. I thought I could trust you, but at my most vulnerable (mid time shift) you decided to use my fridge as a free grocery store. I KNOW ABOUT THE PASTRAMI TOO!

But on a more serious note... I walked to the bathroom tonight to relieve myself. Yeah sure, I may be drunk but I lost my remote. There is only one thing to say... TIME SHIFT! Derp.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Did you ever find your keys?

.... and now the remote?

:shk:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah....nobody cares blahblahblah....why did you even bother stopping by this thread? We are so sick of trolls...

Ugggggghhhhh don't you people ever give up?Correction: NOBODY'S listening.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

Look, it's not my fault if it makes you angry to have your ideas challenged.

But if you were genuinely interested in finding out how this stuff works, in pursuing the deeper meaning behind these phenomena you believe in, you'd welcome the opportunity to clarify exactly what it is you believe is happening, or has happened.

All you want to do is tell stories and have them believed; apparently, it makes you happy to find validation in the stories of others, as well. You're not really interested in the truth. You've made up your mind already.

I'm not denying the existence of phenomena that lie well outside our present level of empirical understanding. I am encouraging the use of empirical methods in coming to understand these phenomena.

I find just as much beauty and strangeness in this Universe as you do, if not more; the breadth of perspective offered by science offers more questions than it does answers in some areas. For the most part, when I want to know how something works, I can look to the record provided by centuries of Human science and find out. And, if I happen upon some event or situation which has not been explained, science gives me a set of tools with which to begin trying to explain it.

I don't see why my post upset you so much. You obviously don't know me; I am certainly not one of "you people". If you're going to go around calling yourself 'serenity' and using mystical symbols on your mini-profile, I would suggest a stronger effort toward profundity, love, and, well, serenity.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah....nobody cares blahblahblah....

Ldyserenity.....

You don't seem too "serene" to me!

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblah....nobody cares blahblahblah....

That's just tooooooo funny!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by I.C. Weiner
People are getting timeline shifts and reality shifts confused, although they are somewhat similar. Another one is a dimensional shift, where things are just slightly off - see string theory.............

[edit on 5/11/10 by I.C. Weiner]

This is way I do not refer to them as such any more. I call the events temporal anomalies or temporal shifts. That covers the whole range of such events.
I have had more than a few so I will have to think about the most significant one to post

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join