It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Control of the food supply

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
With the Genetic Engineering going on, some companies are creating crops that require special plant fertilizer to make them grow properly. It just so happens that their corporate consortium also owns the company that makes that special plant fertilizer.

I read a while back that over 90 percent of the seeds for food crops are controlled by only major major corporate consortiums. If they control our food, they could literally control the world.

But who could stop them at this point?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
I read a while back that over 90 percent of the seeds for food crops are controlled by only major major corporate consortiums. If they control our food, they could literally control the world.

Well here's a good quote from a guy currently in the Oval Office.

Henry Kissinger:
"Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world."

Kissinger Quotes

So what does that tell you?
If you research him, he is involved in a lot of secret organizations from the CFR, to the Trilateral Commission, etc...
Now, he has been behind the POTUSA for decades.

What do you think that guys means!?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
luckly for them people have forgoton how to plant there own crops .
luckly for them most people thing the buger fairy is were bugers come from .
the only control any one ever has is the control you alow them.
if a man is beeting on a woman and she just doesent walk out but instead gets him out of jail and moves him back in just who has the control here

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

With the Genetic Engineering going on, some companies are creating crops that require special plant fertilizer to make them grow properly. It just so happens that their corporate consortium also owns the company that makes that special plant fertilizer.

People could stop them by giving a Sh**.
But most people don't even know enough about the topic, or even care about it to do anything.
People should be protesting in the streets to ban a lot of the practices of the GM corporations.But hey,the media doesn't ensure we are all riled up about GM like we are about say, race relations.But people play their roles in that by being ignorant to world events.
There are so many HUGE lobby groups that are just trivial in comparison to the endangerment of our food supply.Groups that have had success in lawmaking.
More people care more about stopping other people having abortions or smoking then they do about our worlds food supply.

I've watched a few doccos on the whole GM corporation and it's scary stuff.
A LOT scarier then a lot of things that seem to bring out the passion in everyone.

altering genes in crops and patenting the seeds.Ensuring the seeds are producing sterile crops to ensure the grower must purchase seeds each season.
Prosecuting farmers who were found to have a patented grain growing in their field that had BLOWN in on the wind because their farms were in close proximity to farms using GM seeds.
If you don't know a lot about what these companies are doing look it up, you'll be afraid if you have any sense.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Codex...

Codex

Kissinger, like mentioned talked about all this.

Read this eye opener for some insight on where we our headed, and by whoms direction...

NSSM 200

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Good link, Goethe!

The "high yield crops" mentioned by this document is nothing more than a code-word for GE!

People sometimes go crazy to save some relatively innocuous insect species somewhere. In the mean time, we are risking our future food supplies with these GE crops that we still don't know how to control properly.

It is really amazing!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Ah -ha
and at the moment people are posting the 360 somethigth response to The post about a freakin' American flag being knocked down.

But hardly anyone cares about the future of food crops, their very LIFE SOURCE (despite what some people who have not eaten in 70 years may think, it IS the essence of life, food)

BUT as usual, the media, the populace, even the ATS users are more distracted by a minor incident that has no real impact on the daily life or future of anyone that reads it.A petty little, middle of nowhere incident of a FLAG being knocked over is of more concern to the world at large then the future of the food supply.

I came to this site to have discussions about topics that people didn't know about or care to have in the broader community and i find much of the same trash can news occupies the posters here.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It isn't even just that those crops are out there. With cross-pollination, even when "bad" crops were found and removed, the nearby fields have bben found to have traces of the genetics from the GE crops in their plants. That has even happened hundreds of miles away from the original plant site for the GE crop.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

If no one tries to stop this from continuing, this is a REAL-WORLD conspiracy that WILL be affecting nations and peoples all over this world!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If genetics engineering is so bad, really, why aren't there more people saying it is that bad. People sometimes fear new things, but then those things turn out all right in the end anyway.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There are a lot of people who are saying that GE foods are bad. That is how I learned about it.

Perhaps it would be helpful to investigate more, rather than simply say that because you do not know about it that it isn't important.

home.earthlink.net...

www.globalissues.org...

www.organicconsumers.org...

www.greenpeace.org...

www.psrast.org...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

There are a lot of people who are saying that GE foods are bad. That is how I learned about it.

Perhaps it would be helpful to investigate more, rather than simply say that because you do not know about it that it isn't important.

Really? On a conspiracy site? People question and battle with the government ideas on here every day, from zombies, to aliens, to NWO, to things I simply dont understand.

Yet, you try to make the arguement that the government or corporations messing with the food supply may not be such a bad thing?

People have been on this planet a long long time, the lived good healthy lives. Since the idea of GE foods, people are generally less healthy, work less, are tired more (do you think we had red bull in the 20's?) are less productive, and more overweight.

The general populous doesnt even come close to getting the ammount of nutrients it needs each day, hence supplements.

Monsanto and others will continue to mess with our food. For their profits, corporate profits, and to keep people in a constant state of neediness. Thats what the food supply is all about.

Its very easy to go to a drive through, or order a pizza, or pick up your canned or frozen veggies, its hard work to make your own food. We watch what we put in our cars, on our bodies each day. Maybe its time we all wake up and take notice of what exactly it is that is going into our bodies.

Grow your own food, raise/hunt your own meat, purify your own water. Its the only way to know what you are eating, and the only way you will ever be free.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The GE foods have demonstrated greater levels of all kinds of problems. Digestive system problems have greatly increased with GE altered hogs and chickens, with even more egg allergies being reported in children.

The incidence of peanut and corn allergies have tripled in the past decade. Not only that, but the severity of the allergies have greatly increased. The incidence of deaths from nut allergies were four times higher in 2007 than in 1992, according to a report I read a couple of years ago.

The more scientists learn about GE, the more obvious it is that we still don't know what we're doing!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I agree with the OP that this is a major issue. If people grow too dependent on the government or anyone else for their basic necessities, then it's only a matter of time before the two become so tightly knitted that they're stuck in a permanent symbiosis with one another. However, I also realize that it's nearly impossible for small farms and for the average person to just start growing or hunting their own food. So, if this was to be put into action, millions, if not billions, would starve due to there being no major corporations to grow and disperse the food. So, this needs to be dealt with very carefully and we can't just assume everyone will grow their own crops at a sustenance level. It doesn't seem feasible given the sheer population and given the amount of land people have to live on. After all, most people in urban environments won't be able to just go outside, dig up some dirt, and hope to start their own gardens.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Another problem is that as the GE crops replace the natural crops of an area, those natural crops quickly fade away, leaving the local farmers, even in Third World countries, dependent on the makers of the GE crops for their existence.

This is a complex issue, but it is, in my opinion, part of the NWO plan for control of every aspect of the world, eventually. This is one more link in their chain of control!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here is just one more indication of what this is all about:

What is the purpose of switching off seed germination?

Many believe it is purely a business idea by forcing farmers to buy a fresh supply of seeds each year -- many of whom are in the developing world and cannot afford to do this.

The traditional practice (tried and tested for thousands of years) of saving seeds for the next harvest comes under threat due to a US patent on this technology to prevent "unauthorized seed-saving" by farmers.

Supporters of the terminator, or suicide, technology believe that the idea of it is for the protection of corporations from unscrupulous farmers. Control of seed germination helps prevent growers from pirating their technology. If crops remain fertile, there is a chance that farmers could use any saved transgenic seed from a previous season. This would result in poorer profits for companies.

www.globalissues.org...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

i agree, people are discussing illegal immigration and women's feelings while topics like these which are truly important stay buried at the bottom of the page. i hope we can bring it up to the top so we can educate some of these fools as to what is the real problem that they are being distracted from by "illegal immigration" and other nonsense.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

thats such bs and piss me off greatly.
i know i bought my supply of non hybrid seeds and ill be hidin all my food guns etc in an underground compartment. the govt aint gettin none of my sh. when shtf. ill let em come in, give them like whatever's not hidden that they want, then ill secretly plant my garden and have food while others starve. ill pass on the seeds, so people can start growin they own again.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ponyboyats

thats such bs and piss me off greatly.
i know i bought my supply of non hybrid seeds and ill be hidin all my food guns etc in an underground compartment. the govt aint gettin none of my sh. when shtf. ill let em come in, give them like whatever's not hidden that they want, then ill secretly plant my garden and have food while others starve. ill pass on the seeds, so people can start growin they own again.

see what im saying? they're all on that illegal jose crap thread or maybe obama ssn. they care not about real issues at hand. i had to bump this this thread is too good to go unnoticed. its important! but not sensational...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here's some more scary facts:

Genetically modified foods may gain undesirable properties.
The preservation of genetic variety in one specie is difficult. The technology make farmer to produce only one type fertile plants.
The technology may cause undesirable degeneration. So, surprisingly, low quality products may be obtained.
Genetically modified foods may change the microbial flora of the soil. It may cause deperdition of essential microorganisms on soil. This ruin natural balance.
When genetically altered microorganisms are consumed with food products, they may consolidate with human or animal organism. His combination may cause deperdition, metamorphosis, or any other strange organisms.
If the foods which were made antibiotic resistant by gene technology are consumed, it may give the same property to human. This cause failure of antibiotic-based treatments.
By this technology transferred genes may contaminate to other organisms undesirably. This may cause biologic disaster.
As a ring of nature chain, insects may be influenced by genetically modified foods and insects can develop resistant mechanism.
Even beneficial foods that carry toxic effect genes can cause human illness.

www.foodylife.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join