It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates funds weather modification machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Boffins want to curb climate change by building a $7bn fleet of 1,900 ships to crisscross the oceans as each sucks up ten tons of seawater per second and blasts it a kilometer into the sky to create clouds to absorb sunlight and cool the earth.

And Bill Gates is funding them. No, really.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4aca50ba3bd4.jpg[/atsimg]

Bill Gates chucks cash at climate cooling cloud creator

Whenever someone plays with mother nature I get a bad feeling. It seems the earth has been able to sustain itself for billions of years now, and who knows what unforseen consequences this may have. Or, it may be the savior of man in the battle to cool the world, who knows?

-E-

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Whenever someone plays with mother nature I get a bad feeling. It seems the earth has been able to sustain itself for billions of years now, and who knows what unforseen consequences this may have. Or, it may be the savior of man in the battle to cool the world, who knows?

-E-

Well, the billions of cars stopped at stop lights, and stuck in traffic, and driving all over the place, and our aircraft, and boats, and factories, and power plants, etc, are pumping gases into the air which is technically "someone playing with mother nature", so do you have a bad feeling about that too?

Who knows the unforeseen consequences that our pollution may have... ?

I don't think making artificial clouds would be an issue at all.
It will just make more rain, more storms, more hurricanes, tornados, monsoons, floods, mud slides, property damage, death, etc...

Pretty much any stupid idea humans create cause more problems.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Looks like the dangerous hobby of a bored billionaire. I have to agree with the sentiment so far. Don't mess with mother nature.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Well, the billions of cars stopped at stop lights, and stuck in traffic, and driving all over the place, and our aircraft, and boats, and factories, and power plants, etc, are pumping gases into the air which is technically "someone playing with mother nature", so do you have a bad feeling about that too?

Well, Ya, I do

-E-

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

For me , the worry would be, what effect would blasting so much salt into the upper atmosphere have . Will this salt eventually find its way into the land-base via the hydrologic cycle - poisoning it .

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Couple that will Mr Gates's desire to reduce the worlds population through vaccines and we have a severe problem. Who the # does he think he is? go back to making unstable operating systems you elitist NWO cock puppet!!!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well I don't like the sound of this. I don't think we should be messing with Mother Nature either. Also I can't help but think that they are wanting to hide something in the sky from us. I guess I have been reading too much IDK. Bill Gates has the money to do it and TPTB probably told him to donate and they will give him great accommodations in their underground city. We need to stop polluting our planet and take responsibility instead of making other things to cause even more damage.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You gotta love how people are truely allowed to do whatever they like. Who gives Bill the decision that he can or cannot do this?????

This who giving people permission for things that no one has permission over is really starting to get to me.

Normal people in the Uk cant even erect a fence higher than 6ft without permission yet Bill can change the weather....

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't like this idea at all. And the fact it's becoming reality is insane.

If these things are sailing around in international waters can we go out there and tip them over or something? What does the law say we're allowed to do?

They certainly can't be allowed to operate. I've no interest in freezing to death in the middle of Australia because of some evil billionaire.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well if it ends up doing exactly what he says he wants it to do, then I personally don't see anything wrong with it. If these machines are created and are evidently misused in any way, people would take action, vigilante action.

Again, this is superb if it ends up doing its set aim.

Thumbs up William!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Bill Gates may be funding feasibility studies into whether such a scheme might work. But no-one is building anything.

Just as in the 1960s there were studies into building cities in the Moon and under the city. It does not mean than in 1986 most of us were living in cities on the Moon or under the sea

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

And what could be the consequences of creating clouds? Well, not enough sunlight could reachthe surface, possibly causing certauin life to die that grow in specific areas because of the sunlight. The butterfly effect, creating too much cloud can cause problems elsewhere.

And the main point here is...

NO ONE CAN PROVE GLOBAL WARMING IS A PERNMANENT THING OR THAT IT WAS EVEN MAN MADE LET ALONE THAT IT EVEN EXISTS.

Wonder how much money will be made from this cos he clearly wont be doing it for free.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I dont trust Bill at all. There should be some sort of regulation reguarding what people can do to the planet

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hes not the only one
www.weathermodification.com...

Now, more than ever, the worldwide need for solutions to atmospheric necessities such as water resource management and environmental quality monitoring, is critical. With nearly a half-century of successful programs, our experience speaks for itself.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by theonly1also

I believe it is perfectly legal to fund scientific research - even research into harebrained schemes like this - and that at present there is no requirement to obtain your permission (or that of anyone else on ATS) first

Seriously what's the deal? Gates wastes a tiny bit of his fortune on some harebrained idea? Better then wasting it on drugs ......

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I agree, the $300,000 he invested is a drop in the huge bucket of his fortune. Who knows, this may be the next great idea. I just hope it doesn't have negative consequences.

-E-

top topics

join