It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Health Organization Moving Ahead on Billions in Internet & Other Taxes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

World Health Organization Moving Ahead on Billions in Internet & Other Taxes

www.foxnews.com

The World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations' public health arm, is moving full speed ahead with a controversial plan to impose global consumer taxes on such things as Internet activity and everyday financial transactions like paying bills online — while its spending soars and its own financial house is in disarray.

The aim of its taxing plans is to raise "tens of billions" of dollars for WHO that would be used to radically reorganize the research, development, production and distribution of medicines around the world, with greater emphasis on drugs for communicable diseases
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Ridiculous!
The WHO is getting ready to tax the Internet?

What does the Internet have to do with health? They seem to think the Communicable diseases have to do with communication.

They obviously have their priorities wrong just like the rest of the government & its "leaders". Anything to make money for their agenda.

I think I can tell them what they can do with this idea, but it wouldn't be very good for their health!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Is it time to revolt yet?

Please, someone let me know when it is appropriate, because these types of deals make people want to hunt for heads.

It almost seems like they want us to revolt dont it?

THIS WILL GET THEM NOWHERE.

Edit=-

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Common Good]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I've been revolting ever since I decided my mortgage company was revolting.
Sorry, had to do the play on words.

Everywhere I go, I speak about what's happening in this world. I talked to 5 people just yesterday. Everyone is getting angry. Nobody seems to have any money, yet the gov't. keeps grabbing everyone by the ankles & shaking them upside down for their last penny.

The gov't.s of the world are the ones who are going to be grabbing their ankles soon. I promise.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
and big pharma cant help them out because?

Why does a health organization want to tax the internet..... completely unrelated to health?

do they have the right to implement a global tax? Is there a law in the USA that states we have to pay these taxes?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

There's probably something tacked to the Obamacare bill stating that the Internet is the main cause of Communicable diseases due to the communication of truth.

It's so infectious & must be stopped!!!!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
No need to have a law anymore...

They just make this stuff up as they go along...

After all a law is nothing more than words on a piece of paper and the words can always be crossed off and over written eh?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Aint it sad?

We are being raped, and there is no Policeman to call because thepoliceman are theones doing the raping.
(figuratively speaking of course) I hope I didnt cause anyone to have a flashback.

READ MY LIPS.... NO MORE TAXES.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Is it just me, or did all these taxes seem to begin once they began implementing all these czars?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I have honestly never thought about that.
But since this is the WHO, I dont think it has anything to do with the US policy.

This is a GLOBAL TAX, if I am understanding it correctly?

With that said, there would be no way that they would try something like this without the approval of the United States?

Or maybe I am just really ignorant on this subject and am just shooting from the hip.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yeah I noticed that when we took to calling OUR people Czar, Things really began to escalate as far as restriction of rights and intrusion of gov. Never made a tax connection before but it goes hand in hand with funding the controls the "Czars" implemented.
F&S
N.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Could it be that the simple fact that our gov'ts accepted the UN charter, which over rules everything else (national constitutions), which means we can't "opt out" without rejecting the UN charter first.

like thats gonna happen...lol

dr

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A Global Tax!!!!

Thats insane... why the hell would I want to give my hard earned cash to an organization who *pun* is known for mismanagement of funds and can't control their spending...

I might as well hand my money over to the US Gov't so they can contribute it out to the Banks for another Bail Out.

Fox

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hell, I have been thinking the UN was going to be the way to the one world government and here we have the WHO going in the back door. What the hell gives them the right to start a tax? Someone please answer me this.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The WHO needs to implement this tax because they're running out of the funding they need to spread diseases like AIDS. If the WHO doesn't spread diseases then who is going to eradicate the poorer countries?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, well, well ... I guess this is right along with the anniversary of the implementation of a cybersecurity czar.

The following was taken from the Washington Post on May 25, 2009:

Obama was briefed a week ago and signed off on the creation of the position, the sources said. But as of Friday, discussions were continuing as to what rank and title the adviser would have. The idea is to name someone who can "pick up the phone and contact the president directly, if need be," an administration official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I guess we all know WHO will be picking up the phone ....

Edit: Spelling czar incorrectly. My Russian is a bit rusty.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
One of Obama's big goals is to put more and more money into world charity. This is something I disagree with. The only thing these charity organizations seem to succeed at is creating more problems. How many billion people will it take for a world population crash?

I guess we need a healthy population of slaves around the world to help eliminate our rights, and ability to earn a living.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What the WHO wants is to have bigger budget to help others. We all knew that WHO is an active organization helping others countries illness, with higher budget they can help more.

As far as I know those sites selling health products online don’t pay taxes, unfair to who sells locally. Well looking forward to pass this bill.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Shouldn't really come as a surprise. TPTB know what an immensely powerful tool the internet is, and how difficult it is to regulate. Just take a look at the countries introducing internet filtering. By imposing a tax on internet usage, they will be able to limit the access to information. If this tax does go into effect, I'm sure at first it will be very low, and then increase exponentially over the years til it eventually becomes almost too expensive to use.
I do have to wonder however, how are they planning on enforcing an internet tax? Through the isp? And will it be on the amount of bandwidth used or the number of hours. I think the whole thing would be a nightmare to enforce, so hopefully it won't happen.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It's all about money
See this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

WHO pushed vaccines that people didn't even need and now they want to recuperate??

They want to tax us because of all the profits they made?

That's like you are an employee and you need a vacation after coming back from a vacation.

DISGUSTING!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join