It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro falls as market doubts rescue package

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Again, this is a fiscal folly of colossal proportions for Greece, but also for the EU.

Both parties have contributed to this engineered financial crisis, but the globalist banksters including the loan shark IMF deserve to have the finger pointed squarely at them.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon
the globalist banksters including the loan shark IMF deserve to have the finger pointed squarely at them.

I was thinking flame thrower but your idea sounds much more civilised.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Greece is a falling victim of what the corruption in the global markets has created, the governments of all the nations in that are in the same position like Greece should be very afraid of what their citizens will do, while the government has allowed the corruption to take hold the ones to pay for the mistakes are the citizens after all.

Even the EU are concern of what may happen as more nations will have to bend to the IMF and EU requirement in order to bailed out.

The countries in trouble already have weak governments that their citizens do not trust.

Also many of this countries debt is so great that the bailouts will not help at all.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Was the ink even dry yet on the $1 Trillion dollar check before declaring it wasn't nearly enough?

If anybody has ever taken out cash advances in order to pay minimum balances on credit cards, you know how this is all going to end.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Via, Drudge,

www.nytimes.com...

Obama pushed Merkel,

PARIS — President Obama had just flown into Hampton, Va., Sunday morning to deliver a commencement address. But before he donned his silky academic robes, he was on the phone with Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, offering urgent advice — and some not so subtle prodding — that Europe needed to try something big.

Weeks of hesitant half-steps to address Greece’s debt problems had only worsened market worries about the euro, and were threatening the still-fragile economic recoveries in the United States and Asia. Now, Mr. Obama told Mrs. Merkel that the Europeans needed an overwhelming financial rescue to end speculation that the euro — and European unity — could crumble.

“He was trying to convey that he knew these were politically difficult steps that the leaders there had to take, that he had gone through them as well,” said one senior administration official familiar with the conversation. “And that, from his experience, trying to get out ahead as much as possible was the right way to go.”

Why are people still listening to him?

[edit on 103131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yea Obama knows what Hardships are, right? what a joke all he did was to pass the government burden of debt dipper into the hard working tax payer in the nation.

And people still think he is a Saviour, fools . . .

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My only question is why did it take the EU who knew this was possible take so long to pull it's head out of it's rear?

Debt Aid Package for Europe Took Nudge From Washington

Weeks of hesitant half-steps to address Greece’s debt problems had only worsened market worries about the euro, and were threatening the still-fragile economic recoveries in the United States and Asia. Now, Mr. Obama told Mrs. Merkel that the Europeans needed an overwhelming financial rescue to end speculation that the euro — and European unity — could crumble.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

seems like a sort of veiled threat combined with an invitation for the speculators to attack the pound...

crazy though...if the pound goes down the euro will too..

these people are terrorists....using fear to get their way..its disgusting...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Because the financial crisis that is now affecting the government was the works of corruptive practices that started with the US and mortgage scam the rest of the world joined in the merry go around.

When the scam went down so many of the countries involved lost a lot of money, now that those countries are going down, so Americas fat rats are losing money also.

The rescue to those countries in need is not for the citizens is for the investors that are losing money.

In the US the government just throw the burden of debt into us the tax payer.

Now Greece have to do same, the EU needs help from other countries like the US (Federal Reserve) the UK (central back), Germany and Canada (banks of Canada) in order for them to bail out the Euro that is the currency been hit from the down fall of nations like Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal as they are the next casualties.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Interesting article you found there. If true shows the mindset of alot of these people.

London and new york is behind alot of these troubles and they should be paying really for all of it.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yea Obama knows what Hardships are, right? what a joke all he did was to pass the government burden of debt dipper into the hard working tax payer in the nation.

And people still think he is a Saviour, fools . . .

He sure holds a lot of power over peoples minds and better judgment.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

It is a form of terrorism, I posted about this a long time ago, I knew it was coming.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Hey I don't deny that I fell for it, I fell for the hopes and dreams, I guess it was just human nature, now I trust nobody regardless of what party.

More in the News, It seems that the UK and Germany are no very happy with having to scrap money to rescue the Euro and Greece now that it seems Greece is to fall under to be rescue

[edit on 11-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Greece's population = 10,964,020
Bailout = 1,000,000,000,000
Total for every man, woman and child = $91,207.42

And this isn't enough now?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Because the financial crisis that is now affecting the government was the works of corruptive practices that started with the US and mortgage scam the rest of the world joined in the merry go around.

EDITORIAL: In bed with Fannie and Freddie
Why 'financial reform' doesn't touch the troubled lenders
www.washingtontimes.com...

Many other top Democrats were friends with financial benefits from Fannie and Freddie. Franklin Raines, a former Carter- and Clinton-administration official, pocketed $90 million as Fannie Mae's CEO - a figure bolstered by the agency's overstated earnings. Former Clinton appointee Jamie Gorelick was paid $26 million as Fannie's vice chairman. Veteran Democratic honcho Jim Johnson, who led Sen. John Kerry's vice presidential search committee and temporarily led Mr. Obama's veep search, enjoyed $21 million. Mr. Johnson later resigned from the Obama team when he was identified as a "friend of Angelo" - one of those who were given below-market loans directly by Countrywide Financial CEO Angelo Mozilo. Among other "friends of Angelo" were Mr. Raines, Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad of North Dakota and Senate Banking Chairman Christopher Dodd of Connecticut. Fannie Mae was the biggest buyer of the outrageously risky mortgages that proved to be Countrywide's undoing.

Fannie and Freddie's campaign donations almost always have gone heavily to Democrats. According to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, Barack Obama was the second-largest recipient of contributions from Fannie and Freddie sources during his brief Senate tenure. Former president Bill Clinton said it best in 2008. "I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was president to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac."

Now how long have we known this?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
Greece's population = 10,964,020
Bailout = 1,000,000,000,000
Total for every man, woman and child = $91,207.42

And this isn't enough now?

It is total insanity, isn't it?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

You got it wrong, the bail of one trillion was for the Euro, $140 billion, three-year bailout is going to Greece, in installment bases, but the high unemployment and low production will never meet the demands of the loan.

In other words Greece doesn't produce enough and people doesn't make enough money to pay back.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Is there any way that you guys can discuss politics without bitching about Obama? I mean seriously, trying to jam him into a discussion on the collapse of the Euro is almost trolling.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
My only question is why did it take the EU who knew this was possible take so long to pull it's head out of it's rear?

Because nobody in Europe is particularly interested in paying trillions of euro out so that Greece can continue to borrow money they'll never have to pay for stuff that they don't need.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Actually Fanny and Fredy, are still taking bailouts from the government and now the target for derivatives is the bastard child of them and the government the FHA.

What the government is not telling, that derivatives are been created under the FHA as we speak making another bubble. . .

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join