It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Global Mind

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The Global Mind

*I've placed this in Gen. Conspiracies because there are other elements, perhaps greater, than purely metaphysics.

I want to reignite an amazing topic that has been largely ignored for the better part of 5 years here on ATS. I have searched as much as I could and did not find a comprehensive examination of the collective global mind and what exactly it would mean for humanity if it could be scientifically proven that the Earth and in turn, humans, are one living organism. Throughout history many religious groups have unknowingly endorsed this concept of utilizing the human consciousness and not simply understanding its existence. Examples include prayer, where an individual either seeks answers from a perceived higher being or more frequently, asks for something to occur, for something to happen. It is from this ideology that we are taught, sometimes from a young age, to envisage what we really want and to then strive to achieve this goal. Some new-agers have dubbed this The Secret, but oddly enough what these spiritual guides endorse is a selfish utilization of a tool that if harnessed properly, could be used on a much larger scale. By the end of this thread you may initially question as to which realm of science this actually belongs to. You would be right in many ways by stating that the research behind it is based on pure statistics, but the ramifications and revelations which are provided by the following enter a whole new realm, the realm of God, the realm of spirituality, the realm of what is perhaps the largest living thing, the Universe. Keep an open mind and proceed.

Global Consciousness

To be conscious is to be aware of one’s existence, if we are to examine the term from an individual’s perspective. For a human to be conscious they must not only be aware that they exist but in turn be aware that there is more to their existence than simply their own perception of the self. It may seem that these two would go hand in hand, but it would be unfair to restrict the definition of consciousness to an individual level as we will be exploring it on a larger scale. The term global consciousness would therefore imply a collective knowledge between the human inhabitants of Earth, knowledge being the power to reflect back on one’s self, but in a global context. To most people it is unheard of to state that all livings things, humans in particular, are unknowingly linked by some sub-dimensional mental matrix. It is fair to say that it is not common knowledge. A global consciousness therefore, is the collective power of humanity to reflect upon itself and be aware of its entire existence. By stating that the majority of the Earth’s population is globally conscious, has the only knowledge we have gained been the learning of the fact that I am aware of you and you are aware of me? OR, by being part of a subconscious globally reflective entity, unleashed a weapon, one which can be used?

*Trailer for the 'Secret'

*Imagine this on a global level and not a personal one.

I urge you to re-read the above if you didn’t get it all at first, I am no expert on this by an means, but I do have a general understanding and its pointless to proceed if you don’t know what a globally conscious system is. I mean no offense to anyone here, I know I had trouble understanding some of this and had to re-read many times.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cfd81461a0d.png[/atsimg]

Since we are all linked via our simple mental presence and since we all reside on one small (relative) rock floating in an endless see of light and darkness, would it not make the rock we reside on a living thing, just as much as we are a living thing? Gaia theory states the Earth itself is a consciously aware living organism. Indeed, upon examination of what the accepted definition of an organism is, we find support:

Organism: a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently.

Indeed the Earth is a living thing, one that is constantly evolving. Independent? This is debatable. But in reality, nothing in the Universe is entirely independent. But since we are not the only living things on this Earth, how global is this global consciousness really? Is there some substance to the religions and cults which sought total unity with not only fellow mankind but with the surrounding natural world? Everywhere one looks, in every faith, there is some element of what seems to have derived from long lost knowledge which encompassed this synchronous unity. In stating that we are all connected, not only though physical and geographical localities, but through a global understanding, a global consciousness, one must assume that we do not totally understand this system of unity and have to wonder if there is any use in attempting to? Science has shown that there is good reason to pursue this path, as The Global Mind is perhaps the greatest weapon mankind has.

[edit on 11/5/2010 by serbsta]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The Greatest Weapon

We now reach the more important part of this post. If you were not aware of the experiments that will follow and the theories attached to them then this may highly interest and bewilder you, as it did me initially. The Global Consciousness Project or GCP is an experiment which first started in 1998 and fundamentally relies upon a piece of hardware which is called a Random Number Generator. It does just what you think it does, it generates a random number, either a 1 or a 0 and it does this 200 times per second. It relies on the same principles as flipping a coin, you will either get a head or tails and you presume, being a random event but with only 2 options, that it will flip 50% on one side and 50% on the other side. In essence, the examination of these trends is the main objective of the GCP. So how does this relate to global consciousness and everything else discussed above? Follow along.

First, to understand the setup. The research team which is centered at Princeton University currently has established 65 hosting sites around the world which now has recorded over 10 years of what is fundamentally, random data, a simple collection of 1's and 0's. What the team is trying to do however, is find out if global consciousness or global emotion in any way impacts upon the results. In essence, they are trying to determine whether or not the mental/emotional status' of the human population could have a physical impact on the world. All current logic says that this is simply not possible. But the data suggests otherwise. What the researchers decided to do was to figure out how to test their hypothesis, they needed large scale human emotion to be centered and focused on one thing at the same time. Global events, whether predicted or not were the perfect chance. Below are the results from some of the biggest events in the last 10-15 years. I've included many major events as well as events surrounding some form of mass meditation.

Staring with the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia in 1999:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fabecdd395aa.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/808775fb7818.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8cf625ebebb.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a605955e43c.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68ab34549839.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d57b68cc2e91.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/467d3b4d0fef.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88b274bb7c6d.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bcc81b98485.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f72cb5d3e13c.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/101b1fb5c344.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e0de21eff29.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/488f6773e762.gif[/atsimg]

How to read these graphs: The graph plots cumulative deviations of the results. The 0 point is the margin, and truly random data would wander only slightly up and down along this line. For the exceeding red line to deviate so much away from the margin exceeds the odds of a million to one, and for these deviations to occur in correspondence with major global events pushes this chance well into the billions.

So how is that a collective consciousness could impact something such as this? Is there a power we are not aware of? Is this simply another science we are yet to muster?

Dean Radin of the GCP explains the process in his own words:

It seems that the larger the number of people who are concentrating and focusing all their energies on one thing, the more chance that this has on impacting the random number generators, a physical event.

Imagine the whole world... billions of people... meditating.. praying at once for a common goal. Would the results not be astounding? Is this why we are continually being pushed to lead more individualistic and self-centric lives? Have the traditions of old been aware of the common human power, the greatest weapon of all, this whole time?

noosphere.princeton.edu...
www.green-agenda.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think its a distinct possibility that there is a global consciousness that we are not yet properly aware of.

I also think it goes further, i think that there is a universal consciousness and that all living things are interconnected by what Tesla would have referred to as the Ether. I think that he was on the right track when he came to realise that energy surrounded us and could be tapped to power human civilisation.

Given that all living beings are electrical in nature, it could be that electrical energy connects us all and is the mechanism behind this consciousness. It could also provide a plausible explanation for the effects that the Global Consciousness Project has recorded.

My thoughts about a universal consciousness really came about when i first saw maps of how galaxies are organised in filaments within the universe:

It instantly reminded me of the way nueral pathways are organised in the brain and cells:

If the kind of electrical impulses one sees on a micro level inside cells are replicated at a universal scale, isnt it possible that the universal filamentary structure also transmits information in a similar way to neurons? It certainly seems like a possibility to me, and I find such a possibility both exciting and uplifting.

There's no evidence to back that up, but i present it not as an assertion, but merely as a possibility.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Is there any correlation between this data and Timewave Zero? It would be interesting if they did have some sort of common ground, and would add credence to both theories. Personally, I would need to know more specifics about how you think that the global consciousness affects the random number generators, and perhaps some markers for specific events within the times stated before coming to a conclusion either way. With the Human population having tripled in the decades since WWII, if this were a real phenomenon, the global consciousness would really be starting to wake up!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

I'm not sure. Perhaps you should send a U2U to those members who know more about T0 theory and get their opinions.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Great Post! Star and a Flag!

This should get more flags. I always found this stuff very interesting. This kind of stuff needs a ton more funding and researching. Again great job!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I'm giving this thread a bump

I find what you have presented thus far powerful. I'll post later after I've thought it out fully and have digested it all.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yes there is a correlation between global consciousness and Timewave zero. When people here about fractal time and future events they tend to forget that those future events are more likely to happen, they are not absolutely certain! This is where global consciousness comes in, every cycle leads to a decisive period of time when choices are made. For us to make the right ones we need to have a global coherence sufficient enough in order to compensate and surpass the incongruity and lack of organization. For more about global coherence you can check this website:
www.glcoherence.org...
There are many things to know about this, but works even better if everyone could feel, or at least try.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Maybe the noosphere will become conscious in 2012 as you say.
Sort of like the 100th monkey effect.
The internet is certainly helping in bringing everyone together in real time with the same knowledge.
There must be a tipping point somewhere in our near future, where the collective neurons become a cognitron and we all start to follow the same path.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Maybe the noosphere will become conscious in 2012 as you say.

I never said that?

The internet is certainly helping in bringing everyone together in real time with the same knowledge.

Now that is a very interesting element and one well worth bringing up within this thread. It's almost paradoxical in nature, in a way the internet unifies and 'streamlines' global consciousness, but at the same time it forces individualistic lives.

Good point.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just wanted to bump it up before I head out...

Really want some insight into this if and when you have time. Peace.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It’s a very thought provoking and well researched and laid out thread serbsta, well worth a star and flag.

Does the planet, have a collective conscious? I believe it does, and further I believe that some people know this, principally and primarily those rulers whose power emanates from divine birth, and the divine right of kings.

I believe that they have conspired to withhold the true nature of our world, and its and our own inherent capabilities to instead manipulate us, to create a collective reality that favors and perpetuates their own power and rule.

In my humble opinion, events and media, and educational systems, and institutions are all designed to promote us thinking to a certain end, and in certain ways, that enable the ruling elite, to in essence trick us into creating what is an ideal world for them, but not an ideal world for the masses.

Further that if we were to ever discover the secrets regarding the matrix of our own reality, and our own inherent power to collectively change it simply through thought, that we could in effect remake the world in almost any fashion or manner we collectively wished it to be.

Very inspiring thread!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Excellent presentation serbsta, I have followed Dean Radin's work for years, in fact sitting on my desk is a book he wrote called Entangled Minds about Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality. Have heard numerous interviews Dean did with Art Bell where he talks extensively about Global Mind and the experiments that of course are ongoing, nick named "the eggs" which are computers located around the world and collect data 24/7. Art Bell did a number of consciousness experiments on air about 10 years back and they worked, he asked his audience to concentrate on having it rain where there was a drought and within hours it rained for example. He stopped doing them because it scared him and felt he didn't know what he was doing. His thinking was that if he were able to affect a hurricane what is to say that it wouldn't go elsewhere and come back stronger then before.

I highly recommend his book Entangled Minds where he talks about how we can sense what's happening to loved ones thousands of miles away. Why are we sometimes certain of a caller's identify the instant the phone rings?
Albert Einstein called entanglement "spooky action at a distance", I believe that entanglement and Global Mind are connected, in fact everything is connected and we are "ONE" .

S&F

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Further that if we were to ever discover the secrets regarding the matrix of our own reality, and our own inherent power to collectively change it simply through thought, that we could in effect remake the world in almost any fashion or manner we collectively wished it to be.

Very inspiring thread!

Thanks for yet another great post. The power of thought is underestimated, if not totally neglected, by society as a whole, its really a shame. The whole 'visualize what you want your life to be like, and go for it' philosophy can applied on a global scale.

reply to post by Aquarius1

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by serbsta

Art Bell did a number of consciousness experiments on air about 10 years back and they worked, he asked his audience to concentrate on having it rain where there was a drought and within hours it rained for example. He stopped doing them because it scared him and felt he didn't know what he was doing. His thinking was that if he were able to affect a hurricane what is to say that it wouldn't go elsewhere and come back stronger then before.

Insightful post, thankyou. I think I've come across some of his experiments, from what I've read it is fascinating stuff. Looking for an opinion on a thought I just had... Keeping in mind the role that media plays particularly in Western society, where we are constantly drummed with the same images (E.g. sectarian violence in Iraq), do you think these tactics (if they're systematic) can actually impact upon a collective consciousness and therefore impact upon the world that is being created?

Cheers.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Looking for an opinion on a thought I just had... Keeping in mind the role that media plays particularly in Western society, where we are constantly drummed with the same images (E.g. sectarian violence in Iraq), do you think these tactics (if they're systematic) can actually impact upon a collective consciousness and therefore impact upon the world that is being created?

Absolutely serbsta, we are influenced globally and locally by TPTB who use Western Media to their benefit, they are bought and sold to do their bidding. It is more then that, our schools, corporations also influence us by cohesion, if you don't do your homework you fail, if you don't do a good job you get fired, we are held hostage on all levels. It is said we create our own reality, but in reality it's being created for us. A good example is war, talk to the average person and they say they hate war and it shouldn't be, the fact is only the very powerful few create war for their own benefit and we the people go along with it, what do we do about it, nothing, we as a people have given away our power, after all they have us convinced it is good for us.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Psi Research and Oneness
Dean Radin, PhD, is Senior Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) and Adjunct Faculty in the Department of Psychology at Sonoma State University (Rohnert Park, CA). He is the author of two hugely popular books: Conscious Universe and Entangled Minds. And he is here on Paratopia!

Interview with Dean Radin, you can download free at the link.

paratopia.podbean.com...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Serbsta, could you please answer a few questions?

Exactly what are the graphs showing? Is it deviation from chance in 'coin-flip' trials with a random-number generator?

If so, are the generators automatic or are people pushing buttons at the 65 sites around the world?

What is the deviation in coin flips tracking - what is it supposed to be related to?

How was the relation established? What is the evidence for it?

What is the significance of the blue lines? Why do they always have roughly the same shape?

What do the multiple lines in the 'peace meditation' graph indicate?

Many thanks.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Serbsta, could you please answer a few questions?

Sadly, no.

Exactly what are the graphs showing? Is it deviation from chance in 'coin-flip' trials with a random-number generator?

Not so much, it charts the incidents when the generators synchronize output.

If so, are the generators automatic or are people pushing buttons at the 65 sites around the world?

Automatic.

What is the deviation in coin flips tracking - what is it supposed to be related to?

Statistical evaluations use a "normalized" database, with normalization based on an empirical estimate of variance for each egg, calculated from its full database of trials. In addition we exclude all "bad data" identified by standardized rules (e.g., trial scores outside the range 55 to 145 are almost certainly errors). The formal database also excludes 13 poorly defined or partially redundant events marked in the results table with a red asterisk. Cases with no normalized calculation are marked with a double asterisk. Statistics for very recent events (marked with ~) will change slightly when normalized calculations are done.

What is the significance of the blue lines? Why do they always have roughly the same shape?

Blue = expected deviation.

All info available here:

noosphere.princeton.edu...
edit on 20-5-2011 by mistermonculous because: i think, therefore, i think?

new topics

top topics

join