It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans! You think you have it bad?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Immigration, it's not working, it's not working at all, we have seen Americans told not have there flags out, teachers finding american flags offensive, due to the Hispanics.

Well, America, we don't only share blood, we share a common cause, immigration isnt working.

In Britain we have Asians, most prominently "Muslims", along with Sikhs, Hindus, sikhs and Hindus are fine, they don't cause trouble.

In England we have it bad, if you disagree with immigration you get jumped on by the left wing lunatics, you get called facist, and Nazi.

Look at these Headlines, dont they make you sick?

www.telegraph.co.uk...
"A man has been ordered to take down a British Army flag he was flying in support of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. "

news.bbc.co.uk...
A taxi driver has been suspended from his job for putting UK and US flags on the roof of his car. Council officers in St Albans, Hertfordshire have told Dave Weston, 55, to remove the Union Flag and Stars and Stripes before he is allowed back to work.

Oh but it gets worse, the Saint of England, St.George, we have St.Georges day every year, but now some cities are banning it claiming that its RACIST!!

www.dailystar.co.uk...
FURY erupted yesterday after it was revealed a family charity event to celebrate the life of St George is set to be banned. Councillor Yvonne Davies claimed the parade created an “unhealthy atmosphere” and inspired young boys to be racist.

And more headlines.

"A TEENAGE motorist was told to remove an England flag from his car by a police officer because it could be offensive to immigrants. "

I have also heard a few months back that the council banned people flying the English flag because it might upset immigrants, because the crusaders wore the same design on there chest plate and shield.

This IS ridiculous!!

Our Countries live by our rules!

If i went to live in any other country i would respect the culture, i wouldnt start whining there are no Fish And Chip shops in Iran and start claiming its racist.

The world has gone mad.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Oh man,

As you will see from my posts, I think Britain has been importing enemies.

What can I say?

Try and keep your country your own.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Yep, it is progressives hard at work. Great post and America needs to wake up now. This is our future. Our friendly Brits are usually 20 years ahead of us or so on the progression meter. Time is running out. If we can get rid of the progressive movement, then now would be the time.

Great post OP.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

A TEENAGE motorist was told to remove an England flag from his car by a police officer because it could be offensive to immigrants.
Haha...wtf, try going to their country and demand they take down their OWN flag because you find it offensive. See what happens...

You guys are letting them play you like cards...

[edit on 11/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
pc gone mad its every where you look now.

from having to change old nursery rhymes

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"Nursery school children are being taught to sing 'Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep' instead of the traditional rhyme.

The origins of the famous rhyme have nothing to do with race.

Although the first publication of the nursery rhyme was in 1744, it probably dates back to the Middle Ages, possibly to the 13th Century, and relates to a tax imposed by the king on wool. One-third went to the local lord (the 'master'), one-third to the church (referred to as the 'dame') and about a third was for the farmer (the 'little boy who lives down the lane').

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk..."

there are ton's more examples

www.thefirstpost.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Actually I am a progressive and I cannot see the problem with the flags at all. Go to the USA and be amazed! There are flags everywhere.

The union flag was aproblem because it was hijacked in the 70s by the NF a fascist organisation. Unfortunately the left dropped the ball on that tactically and the associationof the Union Jack with Fascists was made. We all should have held onto the union flag.

The Cross of saint george is comparatively new as a flag of the masses. most of us wear it without any problems. I tell ya now I don't know where theswe idiots are coming from but it is not progressive.

We seem to have anincreasing level of rules and regulations and frankly they are sucking the joy out of life.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a bit odd hearing it from somebody else.

but i sympathize none the less. dont stop flying your colors, its your country.just be glad you guys are on an island so it makes it a litter harder to get there illegally.

breaking our national pride is part of the plan for one world government. they think if they mix us all up, we will have to learn to live with each other....maybe so...but dont give up patriotism for the comfort of another. if they feel uncomfortable they can hit the road jack.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jericanman

"Nursery school children are being taught to sing 'Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep' instead of the traditional rhyme.
You seriously have to be kidding right...ATS has some gems tonight...I read this just a moment, I don't know which is funnier...people are clearly over-analyzing everything and creating problems where there were none.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

It's got the stage where your not allowed to call someone "Black" you can't say, i have a Black friend, you have to say something like, i have a Colored friend, it's pathetic.

Please i dont want anyone to tell me im White, i find it racist.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Haydn_17]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Well, the Union Flag and St George Cross fly around here quite unopposed... But then again so do an equal number of Skull and Crossbones

Anyhow, not all of the UK is filled with plonker councils who feel those flags are racist.. Makes me wonder tho how those councils would feel about my flying the skull and Crossbones

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Personally i cannot see the issue on flags being flown,
Take for instance Mayday here in Ulster Ireland,
Its a well known Pagan day and is celebrated here with street parties and barbeque's and generally having a good unchristian time. There are flags and symbols relating to old pagan ideas, Nobody gets to upset and everyone joins in the "Craige" (crack)

And here's the law on flags and emblems UK From HMSO ..

1954. Chapter 10.

An Act to make provision with respect to the display of certain flags and emblems.

[6th April, 1954.]

BE it enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, and the Senate and the House of Commons of Northern Ireland in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows :-
Display of Union flag. 1. Any person who prevents or threatens to interfere by force with the display of a Union flag (usually known as the Union Jack) by another person on or in any lands or premises lawfully occupied by that other person shall be guilty of an offence against this Act.

"Removal of provocative emblems". 2. - (l) Where any police officer, having regard to the time or place at which and the circumstances in which any emblem is being displayed, apprehends that the display of such emblem may occasion a breach of the peace, he may require the person displaying or responsible for the display of such emblem to discontinue such display or cause it to be discontinued; and any person who refuses or fails to comply with such a requirement shall be guilty of an offence against this Act,

Hope this helps guys

Edit to add photo: Heres some flags we have round the "Town" around summer.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by foxhoundone]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You know thoughtsfull, maybe you have hit the nail on the head! Maybe we should have a national movement where we all display the Skull & Crossbones to show unity.

The Skull & Crossbones has many connotations and is not specific to the Masons or Pirates ;-P Maybe we should claim it for a new national movement!

Get your Skull & Crossbones out... Show that we live as British and will die as British!

Hoist the flag!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Political Correctness gone mad

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

yeh its crazy thats stories quite old.

my g/f works as a nursery nurse and its common place now.

lots of other rhymes and kids stories have been changed to fit the pc veiws. she works currently for a large company, but they all have the same curriculum and procedures so id imagine its pretty much the same everywhere. i could understand if it was racist or the like but its a kids nursery rhyme??????? and baba rainbow sheep doesn't even fit the song?? so now we have to teach non rhyming rhymes to be pc.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SugarCube
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You know thoughtsfull, maybe you have hit the nail on the head! Maybe we should have a national movement where we all display the Skull & Crossbones to show unity.

The Skull & Crossbones has many connotations and is not specific to the Masons or Pirates ;-P Maybe we should claim it for a new national movement!

Get your Skull & Crossbones out... Show that we live as British and will die as British!
Hoist the flag!

your right
the black has a long standing meaning the Britain.. locally the Bonfire Boyes and Girls use it as a central emblem, hence why it flies unmolested over most things including summer fêtes

It certainly is 2 fingers up at the Establishment

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
In Australia we tolerate POMS, why the hell would anyone wish to live in that stinking country anyway? Blows our mind.....

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Something is very wrong when people have to fear displaying a flag of their own country when inside....their own country! At what point will this madness end?

[edit on 11/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Fair point but a bit harse Guessing,
Over here in N Ireland we do not have a big issue with race, We learned the hard way to get on with other cultural differences, There are more English families moving here than ever before, Maybe its because (An Englishman said this not me) We are more British than the British

[edit on 11-5-2010 by foxhoundone]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I will fly my Cornish(Kernow) flag and heaven help anyone who opposes me!
And my George, my Jack and Uncle Sam.
Am i racist? Hell no!
Am i a patriot? Hell yes!
If anyone is offended then they can naff-off back to La-La land.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

And since your good Celtic stock heres an image of the Cornish "Kernow" Flag enjoy matey

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join