It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUDDEN IONOSPHERIC DISTURBANCE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
these kind of disturbances will be common in the future ..because of the increase in solar activity...

On May 5th, a pair of solar flares bathed Earth's upper atmosphere in X-rays and caused a double-wave of ionization to sweep over the Americas. This improved the propagation of low-frequency radio signals, which use the ionosphere as a reflector to skip over the horizon. Rogerio Marcon of Campinas SP Brasil was monitoring a 24 kHz aviation beacon when the flares occurred, and he recorded a double-surge in the beacon's signal strength:

Each of the spikes is called a "SID," short for sudden ionospheric disturbance. One was produced by a C9-class flare at 11:52 UT; the other by a slightly stronger M1-class flare at 17:19 UT. The two SIDs ride atop a slower undulation in radio signals caused by the daily rising and setting of the sun. In terms of radio propagation, the two flares were as significant as the sunrise itself!

people who are interested to know more about SID monitors...check this site out

solar-center.stanford.edu...

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The sun has been getting more active for awhile now, and it's soon to become so obvious that not even the most dedicated debunkers can poo-poo it any longer. How long will it be before the magnetosphere packs it up and we all get fried?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
How long will it be?....... about this long ll

Look on the bright side, there will certainly be a lot more hotties

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Man,this is the second comment I've made about these things relating to scripture tonight.(The other was about the water looking like blood due to the oil spill.Rev.16:3,"the second bowl"..)

"The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun,and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire. They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God,who had control over these plagues,but they refused to repent and glorify Him." Revelation 16:8

I'm not saying these ARE those things exactly,but for anyone watching for the "signs",it bears mentioning.

We've all seen the threads about the end-times mention of earthquakes increasing in intensity and in "diverse places"....(Not to mention One-World government,etc!)

Crazy stuff taking place! No doubting that!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
"The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun,and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire. They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God,who had control over these plagues,but they refused to repent and glorify Him." Revelation 16:8

Excuse my ignorance but, this is written as past tense, whats that got to do with the present?

Listen up my little creations, you will worship and glorify me, or else I get my big magnifying glass out and burn ya!

Can you blame them for refusing to repent?
Sounds like People actually had some Balls in those Days.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I used to automatically dismiss anybody who quoted Revelations, but it's becoming clearer every day that perhaps John of Patmos saw the future. I still can't believe I just typed that. Oh well, end of the world, whatcha gonna do?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rogi22

Hi there. This was written in the context of a man that was given a glimpse into the future; he was writing in past tense because he already saw what happened. I'm not trying to convince you to believe one thing or another, just answering your question.

In the case of the sun, it is easy to believe that life here on Earth won't always be as safe as it has been for eons because of entropy - all things tend to disorder. Anyone that has children know this law is True haha! Joking aside, I have noticed our Comcast Digital Cable has had 'episodes' lately, could it be from solar activity or is our service just lousy? Hmm.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rogi22

i lol'd

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
Man,this is the second comment I've made about these things relating to scripture tonight.(The other was about the water looking like blood due to the oil spill.Rev.16:3,"the second bowl"..)

I'm not saying these ARE those things exactly,but for anyone watching for the "signs",it bears mentioning.

We've all seen the threads about the end-times mention of earthquakes increasing in intensity and in "diverse places"....(Not to mention One-World government,etc!)

Crazy stuff taking place! No doubting that!

Sorry dude, but the three major religions got it wrong. I believe in GOD, but this sounds silly.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
The sun has been getting more active for awhile now, and it's soon to become so obvious that not even the most dedicated debunkers can poo-poo it any longer. How long will it be before the magnetosphere packs it up and we all get fried?

Where do you get this stuff? More active? Surely you jest, because if the Sun got much LESS active it might go out. Days of no Sunspot activity, in fact hardly any Sunspots for over 2 years now.

Here is the very latest assessment of Solar activity:

Updated 2010 May 10 2201 UTC
Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity

SDF Number 130 Issued at 2200Z on 10 May 2010

Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 09/2100Z to 10/2100Z: Solar activity was very low. The visible disk remained spotless. Only low-level B-class activity was noted, all from Region 1069 as it rotated off the disk at N41.

Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to remain at very low levels.

Geophysical Activity Summary 09/2100Z to 10/2100Z: The geomagnetic field was quiet. The greater than 2 MeV electron flux at geosynchronous orbit reached high levels during the period.

Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be at predominately quiet to unsettled levels, with isolated active periods, all three days of the forecast period (11 - 13 May). The anticipated increase in activity levels is due to a series of coronal hole high speed wind streams, located in both solar hemispheres, that will become geoeffective through the period.

Threads like this make people think the Sun is about to roast our butt like burgers on a grill and the reality is we are in a period of minimum Solar activity which has the real potential to put us all in a deep freeze.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

I used to automatically dismiss anybody who quoted Revelations, but it's becoming clearer every day that perhaps John of Patmos saw the future.

Exactly.
Take everything written there, give it another name and a hip-looking guru type new-worldly man/woman posing on the cover of the book and people would be eating it up.

Say you get the info from the Bible and you get auto-poo-pooed.

lol

peace

top topics

join