It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank Frazetta Dead at 82

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Frank Frazetta, American Illustrator, painter and comic book artist, passed away on May 10th, 2010 at the age of 82.

Personally, I am deeply saddened. Although Frank was advanced in years, his work was so powerful, so vibrant that, somehow, I felt that the energy in his work reflected a life that simply could not be extinguished. Unfortunately for all who knew and admired his work, Frank succumbed to a stroke and the fantastic worlds, women and visions of Frazetta have found their limit.

To me, Franks' work, especially the work that he did on the covers of Robert E. Howard's, “Conan, the Barbarian” series of books, profoundly influenced the way I viewed art and the way that I came to explore the the worlds of sword and sorcery, science fiction and fantasy. When I picked up a Conan paperback, with a Frazetta cover, I would be just as thrilled viewing the cover as I would be reading Howard's epic prose. Yet, Franks' Conan would be so powerful that it was a Frazetta Conan that I would imagine battling against, “by Crom” , unimaginable odds.

Frank Frazetta will be keenly missed and the work he has left behind will be treasured all the more.

New York Times Obituary

The “unofficial” Frank Frazetta Gallery

The Frank Frazetta Homepage

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Frank Frazetta is one of my favorite popular artists. I can even say he has been an influence on my own works...

He will really be missed.....

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7
Frank Frazetta is one of my favorite popular artists. I can even say he has been an influence on my own works...

I can't even imagine a contemporary popular artist who has not been influenced, in some fashion, by the work of this "modern day master". His work is, simply, spectacular.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
DAMN....

i lived and breathed on frazettas artwork. and he will forever live through it.

rest in master-peace my friend...

namasterium

top topics

join