It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swastikas sprayed on Ethiopian's Gravestone in Beersheba, Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Swastikas sprayed on Ethiopian's Gravestone in Beersheba, Israel

www.ynetnews.com

Woman's family says hate slogans, including 'Death to N-word (plural),' were written in Russian; vandals not caught.

Unknown vandals spray-painted swastikas and hate slogans, including "Death to 'n-word's," on the gravestone of a woman of Ethiopian descent in Beersheba.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/10/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is so ignorant! I am not sure if this was done for the symbolism or out of sheer stupidity. The article doesn't say how or when the woman died. However, the fact of the matter is, she was dead already. Are they professing that this is where people of her ethnicity belong in the grave? Or are they just that stupid? I am going to presume it was stupidity.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

any one who uses a Swastika is a fool "thay lost and did more harm to white europeans than anybody bar stalin" and is stopping race relations moveing forward. now any one who thinks there is a difference between races has to put up with being grouped with these loony guys that just want to kill and harass people.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

have you considered the baiters baiting?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
so they are in Israel and they are using the swastika to harrass.....a black person??!! Seems like they'd go after the jews for crying out loud. or spray paint KKK.

I wonder if these were Russian jews. seriously

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

so they are in Israel and they are using the swastika to harrass.....a black person??!!

This is what struck me as odd as well. That's why I'm leaning on the whole stupidity notion.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

There are a tremendous amount of Ethiopian Jews in Israel today. On the other hand there are also a lot of immigrants from the former Soviet Union residing in Israel today, and this is not the first story of a hate crime linked to that group.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm going for the Cry-Wolf explanation

Wolf !

Wolf !

Wolf -- Wolf -- Wolf !!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It's hard to decide what happened in this instance. I have spent time in Israel. There are people who live there who are proud Russian Jews, for example, and they berate other Israelis, calling them Polish Jews or English Jews, what have you. Nonny nonny boo boo, you aren't as good a Jew as meeeeeeeee...........

A dear friend of mine who lives in Israel was talking to another American, saying, would it be too much to allow Israeli's to move to the U.S. and find some sort of peace and security.
The other American said, not a problem with me, but you would have to assimilate to our culture.

My Israeli friend was quite upset with this. She wants to retain her special Jewish/Israeli identity.

However, months later, my friend spoke of the Ethiopian Jews, the black folks, who migrate to Israel. My friend teaches art in a school where they help Ethiopians assimilate into Israeli society. She sees no problem with this, since they are leaving their country and moving to another country and must learn to accept the societal norms of their new country.

Funny, ain't it? Naw.

Israel is a country where some people claim superiority due to which country they orginated in, how much the people of those countries suffered at the hands of anti-Jews, etc.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

have you considered the baiters baiting?
i don`t understand what this is supposed to mean any chance you could clarify or expand on this please

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

what two major groups of people make up ethiopia?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

what two major groups of people make up ethiopia?

If you are speaking of religion, that would be about 60% christian / 35% muslim.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

if i was to guess i`d say arabs and africans but wiki(i know) says Amhara people 26% and Oromo people 34% both african native people or if you mean Religion then its christians and muslims. i still don`t get who you mean U2U me if you don`t want to say here for whatever reason.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

aren't muslims dominately a specific kind of blood?

top topics

join