It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur Video Of Gulf Oil Slick - Worse Than BP Admits

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Originally posted by dominuz

Originally posted by lifeinthematrix
People, one word for it:
KARMA.

You all know the petrodollars were the reason for invading Iraq, because of the oil, they have killed *Thousands* of people, and now, the US shorelines will have what the Gov. wanted So bad: oil.

Does karma also apply to all animals and marine life stuck into this nightmare?

No kidding. And does this karma also apply to all those who will lose thier livelihoods who opposed the wars?

Does karma apply to the kids who will feel the affects when their parents suffer as a result?

Karma....phffff....

It actually really is Karma, we wanted the oil [the US as a whole], and guess what we got it. If you ask God, he giveth for he is the Lord, the mighty, the exalted, the all knowing, the master.

You wanna drive a car and turn a blind eye to how it came to be, I dont blame one bit if it ruins your livelihood. Every single thing including the clothes your wearing, plastics, synthetics, comes from oil. Just because you dont use gas as fuel does not mean your are immune to the effects of Karma. You are as guilty because you used an oil product in one way, shape or form.

Yea Karma is a bitch, so be it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have two different viewpoints on here.

First, this is going to be bad for fishing/tourism/general economy in many of these areas. These people that survive on the sea could be in serious trouble. And what is happening to wildlife is tragic as well. If I could go down to help in some way I would (unfortunately the rat race has me ball and chain).

Secondly, some posters here REALLY need to put this in perspective. Someone said this is like dumping a quart of oil into a bathtub. The Gulf basin holds roughly 642 trillion gallons of seawater. Even at a million gallons of oil a day leaking, you would be adding .000000156% of the basin's volume. A typical tub would hold around 80 gallons, or 302800 ml (ah the metric system) so more like .000472 ml of oil. I don't even have an instrument to measure that small of a volume.

What matters the most is probably that that amount is mostly spread on top the surface. But let's continue to use the tub analogy. Dump .000472 mL of oil in a tub. Put on a fan. Run some hot water from the faucet. Let it condense for a bit. Swirl it around. What happens?

My point is we tend to take a very human-centric viewpoint of this planet. What would happen to planet earth if an underground earthquake created a similar event, and our human variable was out of the equation? The same thing she's always done, plow on. Eventually oil will disperse, hurricanes and other weather systems will bring it on to land and abroad, it will weather into tar, be covered, be broken down.

We really need to stop thinking that we are merely riding a saddle on this planet. She will do what she wants and what she needs whenever she sees fit.

Again, I'm not trying to minimize the losses (which I mentioned above) and those pictures/video proves it's going to be a long fight for people in the area. Just have some perspective both mathematically and realistically rather than make outlandish claims that it's the "worst disaster ever" and the "gulf will never recover."

[edit on 5/12/2010 by Fiverz]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well looks like everyone that lines their pockets with cash when times are good, are now passing around the blame. Pathetic

I will say this that as soon as I came across this statement:

"But Tim Probert, an executive with Halliburton Inc., the subcontractor
responsible for encasing the well pipe in cement before plugging it -- a process dictated by BP's drilling plan -- said his company finished its work "in accordance with the requirements" set out by BP "

Sorry for this being a Foxnews.com article, its just that I tried Yahoo, and others but could only find CRAP about Sandra Bullocks new home, American Idol CRAP, Jessica Simpsons new look or some OTHER CRAP! THEY HAD NOTHING ON THIS!

News link to article: www.foxnews.com...

HALLIBURTON YOU DON'T SAY! So hmmmm...Obama's ass just recently authorized more drilling off our shores (long being a sensitive topic), worries about economy, dollar collapse, martial law, disinformation at an all time high (that being my opinion), talks about another false flag, etc...etc...etc,

And now look...at who one of the characters are that seems to be involved in this oh so tragic play. I sorry guys but I smell a RAT! Something is up man. I don't know what yet, but whenever I see that name involved in ANYTHING, and with the way times are today...I dunno

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

First, this is going to be bad for fishing/tourism/general economy in many of these areas. These people that survive on the sea could be in serious trouble. And what is happening to wildlife is tragic as well. If I could go down to help in some way I would (unfortunately the rat race has me ball and chain).

Secondly, some posters here REALLY need to put this in perspective. Someone said this is like dumping a quart of oil into a bathtub. The Gulf basin holds roughly 642 trillion gallons of seawater. Even at a million gallons of oil a day leaking, you would be adding .000000156% of the basin's volume. A typical tub would hold around 80 gallons, or 302800 ml (ah the metric system) so more like .000472 ml of oil. I don't even have an instrument to measure that small of a volume.

What matters the most is probably that that amount is mostly spread on top the surface. But let's continue to use the tub analogy. Dump .000472 mL of oil in a tub. Put on a fan. Run some hot water from the faucet. Let it condense for a bit. Swirl it around. What happens?

My point is we tend to take a very human-centric viewpoint of this planet. What would happen to planet earth if an underground earthquake created a similar event, and our human variable was out of the equation? The same thing she's always done, plow on. Eventually oil will disperse, hurricanes and other weather systems will bring it on to land and abroad, it will weather into tar, be covered, be broken down.

We really need to stop thinking that we are merely riding a saddle on this planet. She will do what she wants and what she needs whenever she sees fit.

Again, I'm not trying to minimize the losses (which I mentioned above) and those pictures/video proves it's going to be a long fight for people in the area. Just have some perspective both mathematically and realistically rather than make outlandish claims that it's the "worst disaster ever" and the "gulf will never recover."

Okay I can maybe somewhat see your mathematical point of view but let me ask you this....would you take a bath with a quart of oil dumped in it? What...what...how about what if you had to LIVE in said bathtub? How about now?

Dude like seriously...I am not even a flippin tree hugger (as I built and raced cars most of my 39 year adult life), and use to laugh at those greenpeace wackos by saying crap like "Yea I am all for saving the whales, but I will burn the hell out of some fossil fuels!!"

BUT dude they have already found like 4 dead Dolphins washed up on shore!! They are the equivalent of our Dogs as pets but in the ocean man! If someone ever tried to harm my dog...God help him. Nah...this IS A HUGE DISASTER and if you are too anal to see that and think that you can simply minimize this by throwing out some BS mathematical algorithms, then when Mother Earth DOES decide to throw all of us ignorant asses off this planet, I guess she can start with you then.

WE DO NEED to start treating this planet with more respect, and maybe even go so far as to consider it a living entity as we BOTH need each other. I understand that with the options made available to us today that YES we do unfortunately need oil, but to simply shrug stuff like this off instead of seeing it for what it is....is ignorance man.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This is surfrider,org's page regarding the oil spill

surfrider.org...

It has links to a couple of other blogs (apparently members) about it

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
Oh gloomers...God love ya...
it is NOT the end of the world.
show me one inch of beach sand that has been tainted! just one square inch! show me the pictures g'ahead I will wait patiently. It has been 4 days since mr. environmentalist recorded his doom and gloom video now show me one square inch of tainted beach....I'm waiting..

gloomers

I have been a member on ATS for a long time now and this is the very first comment where I have sworn way out loud and I would like to swear at you and abuse you, but I shall refrain. Why?

BECAUSE YOUR NOT WORTH IT!!
and your more than likely a disinfo moron -> PAID BY BP TO DOWNPLAY IT!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for those who have suggested boycotting BP ...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Why do you say there's 100 more days to go?

Pardon my ignorance on this subject, but to be honest, I haven't been keeping up with this particular event because I find it so frightening that I've been sticking my head in the oily sand until now. But since reading this thread, I have been really thinking about it and now I want to know more.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I found this radar satellite image here: www.eosnap.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cedcebec64b2.jpg
[/atsimg]

Each little white dot could be an Exxon Valdez. The size of this spill eclipses the Exxon Valdez and they are completely lying about the amount spewing into the ocean, judging from the satellite images.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by 911stinks]

[edit on 12-5-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
That is the root of all of it. I have not posted a lot and I used to lurk a lot but not so much lately till the spill.

Besides suppressive evil people money is the root of it all. PR is what is more important then an ocean. It is why I support the Venus Project.

I am sick with worry it for the showed the first deaths of Dolphins today on yahoo news.

I can't find a lot of news on it so I came here and registered.

Fancy

Originally posted by wiseone11
In another thread I said that it is clearer and clearer to me that they are not trying to save the oil and NOT the ocean...It's all about the $$$$

The govt was slow to respond and it does not seem they are intervening much at all...

Now they want tp fill the hole with crap..golf balls and tires...which will further polute..geeze!

I would like to know how much money the political folks have gotten/continue to get from big oil.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk

Originally posted by Fiverz

Okay I can maybe somewhat see your mathematical point of view but let me ask you this....would you take a bath with a quart of oil dumped in it? What...what...how about what if you had to LIVE in said bathtub? How about now?

Dude like seriously...I am not even a flippin tree hugger (as I built and raced cars most of my 39 year adult life), and use to laugh at those greenpeace wackos by saying crap like "Yea I am all for saving the whales, but I will burn the hell out of some fossil fuels!!"

BUT dude they have already found like 4 dead Dolphins washed up on shore!! They are the equivalent of our Dogs as pets but in the ocean man! If someone ever tried to harm my dog...God help him. Nah...this IS A HUGE DISASTER and if you are too anal to see that and think that you can simply minimize this by throwing out some BS mathematical algorithms, then when Mother Earth DOES decide to throw all of us ignorant asses off this planet, I guess she can start with you then.

WE DO NEED to start treating this planet with more respect, and maybe even go so far as to consider it a living entity as we BOTH need each other. I understand that with the options made available to us today that YES we do unfortunately need oil, but to simply shrug stuff like this off instead of seeing it for what it is....is ignorance man.

And it just takes 1 quart of oil to pollute 250,000 gallons of water.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Why do you say there's 100 more days to go?

They need at least 90 days to dig the relief wells they say will solve the problem.

That, of course, assumes they are right. The plan may not work.

In a similar incident in 1979, it took nine months to cap the well.

Ixtoc I

Here's my series of threads on the topic:

The Scale of the Deepwater Disaster

Amateur Video Of Gulf Oil Slick - Worse Than BP Admits

Is BP's cure much worse than the disease?

WAITING FOR THE BIG ONE: A connection between Deepwater, seismic activity, and other drilling?

I'd say happy reading, but clearly there is nothing happy about this topic.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by loam]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I agree and those who can afford it should start to buy no oil running cars and slowly it will filter down the food chain.

I can't afford to replace my car even if I wanted to which I do.

That is why I am starting to advocate another way for we support these people by the money we spend.

Fancy

Originally posted by brill
Tragedy aside are all those who are so quick to comment, and perhaps in some cases hypocritical, willing to make huge personal sacrifices and lifestyle changes to deter the use of oil ? I know I'm not. I can't walk to work and I sure as hell can't flap my arms to get from North America to Europe. I'm all for alternative solutions but hardly any seem viable or marketable or are too expensive to implement. Life will continue on.

brill

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So the Earth is bleeding and we can't seal the puncture wound? Jeez, it could be worse. Somebody could throw a cigarette but out and the oil could catch fire.........

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Firstly I must first interpose by stating that the idea of “KARMA” is that throughout ones lifetime one builds up a backlog of karma, this however does not get “paid off” until one is reincarnated (according to the theory of karma) hence, anything that happens to you in this life is “payment” for everything you did in your previous life.

This whole idea of course seems highly obsolete considering that in this instance animal life is paying the price for human actions.
Yet another oil slick… This isn’t exactly acting as a reassuring force for humanities future; it makes one beg the question “does anyone even care?”…How can people be so short sighted as to let these things even occur.

Greed is leading the way whilst humanity has taken a back seat.

Remain Vigilant.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Why would BP let this go on? If It was my oil (money) leaking out like that Id be trying a hellava lot harder to stop that leak. Surely they had a plan should this kind of event occur. Is it just a reason to hike up fuel prices cause thats going to have to happen for them to recoup there loses.
As for what we can see thats only the tip of the iceberg and Id hate to see how far this has truly spread under the surface.
Im a believer that oil is the blood of the earth, so how long would she put up with this before she fought back.
Being on the otherside of the world (Aus) I could put my head in my clean sand and say this is not my problem but I believe this is going to affect us eventually as the world is a interconnected place.
I do worry about your upcoming tornado season And Im tipping alot of that oil is going to be picked up and thrown inland as mother earths idea of a payback.
I say move BP's head office to the Gulf and let them cop the brunt of it.
There will come a time when enough oil as been leaked that the crust will cave in and this could cause serious problems which I dont think are being thought of at the moment by those at the top.
Its all about the oil for them.
This is how earthquakes are formed and when they happen BP isnt going to stand up and say sorry our fault it will be complete denial like they did at the start.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I think this may be what you are looking for.

Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Captured by NASA Satellite [PICS]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am actually beginning to wonder if this is part of the "Master Plan"?

Just what would happen to all the wildlife in the oceans if this leak is not pliugged?
We may be seeing an attempt at wiping out millions of people who need the seas to survive. Many cultures rely on the food source that the ocean gives us.

Instead of a massive infection by a virus or a third world war, why not just pollute the entire ocean and wipe out half the food chain?

The other half is land based.

I wonder what impact rain would have on the land? Would oil be picked up and dispersed via rain clouds? Do they already know the answer to that?

With many countries under martial law as people fight for food, or die starving, there might be those who do as little as possible to help those in need in order to ensure sufficient free land once everything has leveled out.

Just a thought...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Land based? It's 1 big foodchain, everything is connected. It might take longer to hit, but it will.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Supposedly this is the latest video of the leak at the actual leak point. Hard to tell who's telling the truth. Interesting that the Huffington Post seemed to have obtained the "leaked" video./

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join