It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur Video Of Gulf Oil Slick - Worse Than BP Admits

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Someone may have mentioned this already but:

Rev 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

Rev 8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

Now, I NEVER post bible verses but when I saw the video I couldn't help but think of this verse. The burning 'Deepwater Horizon' certainly was something of a 'great mountain burning with fire' and was cast into the sea. And the red oil floating on the surface... well...

It's just horrific beyond words. The gov't failed in their responsibility to oversee and appropriately regulate the financial sector and we had our economy destroyed. They've also failed to oversee and appropriately regulate the oil industry and we're facing a cataclysmic environmental AND economic disaster. This idea of 'industry self-regulation' is a farce.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sombody posted this link to me about the scale of the disaster. Now before you click i have to say that my security did not like this site popping up a warning. Three clicks later i was able to see the site.

Am i just being parionid or has this site been black listed....or have i just unleashed the hounds on my computer lol

still want to click? www.paulrademacher.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Let's try this again...

You can also find news stories that are reporting how the oil slick has begun to reach the shores of LA:

Houston Business Journal

Sun Times

LA Times

Edited: I'm a dode
images didn't match news stories. Liars...the lot of them!

[edit on 11-5-2010 by nunya13]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by DrEyebrows

Pretty pictures 140 of them,YET not one of a tainted beach!

Seriously gloomers show me a gadam tainted beach, yeay I am only asking for one square inch!!!

AND DON'T TRY THE BLOBS OF TAR THAT CNN TRIED THOSE ARE NATURALLY OCCURING AND HAVE BEEN SINCE BEFORE WE WERE DRLLING!!!

^^^^This is "JustWondering" How many account's do you need on ATS?

Did you not watch the video this whole post is made of? It clearly shows a whole ISLAND that had been swallowed by the black sheen. And what's with this gloomer label? Please stop acting like your still in High School and need to be associated with a "clique". If you want to play that game I can just as easily say your probably a BP Executive keeping tab's on the spreading of Truth and RESEARCHED OPINION"S.
--------------------
Now for my opinion.

The Government Of The United States is using this disaster as a test to see how far they can push the American people before they revolt and take their own action. War doesn't cause it, The economic tides haven't caused it, And a ecological disaster hasn't caused it. Now our leaders are thinking; I guess it's safe to cut down the rest of the Amazon, The people don't care! Let's proceed!

This Video has a shock 'n' awe effect on me. Out of the 12 news channels I have for [Comcast Cable] CNN/MSNBC/BBC World News/Fox, Just to name a few. HAVE NOT shown ANY images or VIDEO at the magnitude the video on this thread has shown. It's obviously a Media blackout on the subject being all they show on those news channels now is a 3min snippet saying how the Oil leak has not yet been contained and it holds at a steady 5,000 barrels a day. Then they go to show news about how the stock market gained 450 points in a few hours. Really.

You never see good news, unless something bad is happening.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

please check your links before you make me waste my time replying to ignorant claims.
one of your stock photos:
huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20090316/as-australia-oil-spill/images/56798e6f-5966-4e36-baf4-dac137b8464c.jpg

all you have is MSM reports and they are all LYING by using pictures from the Australian spill.

THINK FOR YOUR SELF!!!!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

Name the island swallowed by sheen or give me coordinates to it. this is a place where you have to back up your statement with facts.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by nunya13

all you have is MSM reports and they are all LYING by using pictures from the Australian spill.

THINK FOR YOUR SELF!!!!

My God, so this is all happening in the gulf of Australia. Someone needs to give them a heads up pronto!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I will answer any replies made in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You guys all have been boondoggled and all have the same lame arguments.

I am done with this thread.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Events like this really put into perspective how destructive our species can be to Earth...

Justice will never be served for this. Who's to blame? We can all point fingers at BP, or the engineers, TPTB, the rig workers, or even the consumers (us). It wont matter.

In the end we take much more than we give back. Land, resources, ... life. We always have, and will continue until there is nothing left to take. It's a shame.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have not noticed anyone post this, I even searched for the link. This may be helpful to some people, it is provided by the National Environmental Satilite, Data and Information Service. [NESDIS]

NOAA Gov
--------------

Here is a satellite image of the oil seepage as of May 10th.
Big Oil Mess

[edit on 11-5-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
removed: nevermind my mistake

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Well, you got me there. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I have corrected my post and removed the pictures.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
WTF, spraying chemicals to break up the oil!??! How does this work?!? Can chemicals really magically make the oil dissapear?!? Where does the oil go! For real, wtf. Does the oil vanish into thin air or sink to the bottom of the ocean or just what.

I want to know what the F those chemicals are going to do. Do they just turn the black oil blue so you can't see it anymore?

This is such a mess. We our killing our earth. All those poor animals that don't deserve this.

It just makes it so we can't see it as easily......but it will still be there..just spread out over much more water and much deeper......

it's to make us think it's working

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
reply to post by loam

this is impossible, because there are no aircraft with the tech to spray aerosols.
oh the lies.

Technically, an aerosol is a suspension of fine solid particles or liquid droplets in a gas. Examples are smoke, oceanic haze, air pollution, smog. There are numerous aircraft with the ability to spray such a suspension. My Sukhoi 29 has a 15 gallon smoke oil tank for airshows. It injects a parafin based oil (Corvis, for example) into the exhaust where the exhaust gases pyrolize it creating a stream of smoke behind the aircraft. There is a whole class of aircraft designed for agricultural application of pesticides, fertilizer, etc, each of which sprays aerosols. In addition, Florida has a whole fleet of mosquito bombers spraying aerosols for insect control.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My first post on this topic was to say that their original ESTIMATE of the Oil spill had to be a lie;
1) It's Big Business and it's captive government talking -- telling the truth when they aren't on a witness stand is not standard procedure and makes them feel too much like a one of the suckers.
2) When everyone is surprised that a well a mile deep in the ocean might not shut off with a valve, you just KNOW that they cut corners and it's really, really bad.
3) The initial estimate described what I might get from a 4" pipe with a 1 HP engine available at home depot. I'm guessing the pressure of this thing is bigger and wider than a sump pump you might use in a landscaping project.

>> On stemming the Oil Volcano:
That little solo cup they dropped down -- I can't believe they THOUGHT it would work.
There next attempt; bury it with trash, will work about as well as dumping shovels of dirt onto your broken pipe do in your lawn -- meaning, it just moves the wet spot. Maybe it will stop the upwelling for the cameras and they can act surprised a month later when the heave crude coats then entire sea floor of the gulf.

Any high pressure leak is going to push out of any attempt to cover or bury it. A plumber can tell you that. I suggest they could ram a sub into it, and fill the sub inside and out with concrete, while it's engines are still pushing it into the hole.

But thinking about it more -- it's clear to me a mechanism to seal a high pressure leak can be done, and it should be able to "fit anything" if you deal with "sealing" and THEN the pressure. A very large cone shaped bag -- like an inverted funnel (and a few tie-rods to keep it open -- it should be about 50 - 100 yards in diameter -- no need to mess around here), could be filled with some industrial-grade quickcrete (needs to have about a 3 hour set time however, since lowering it will take time). The funnel out should be attached to a long tube, and it should have negative pressure when placed over the damaged bore hole -- meaning they have to ACTIVELY pump water and oil out through the top -- this will allow a seal to form BEFORE you close the leak.

Like a mullet "throw net" after the cone is lowered, a cable pulls closed the base -- trying to get it as close to the base of the mound -- I have no idea if the pipe is free-standing, if there is sand, or if the base it bores into is irregular shaped. The heavy bag needs to be drawn up around whatever is leaking.

Around the bottom rim of the cone, another bag of quickset should be attached. Once on the sea-floor, the bottom rim opens and drains out rubberized concrete to form the seal -- it's going to have to leak into the ground a bit and hopefully seep down until it gets to rock. This part might require the assistance of robots.

More concrete bags are lowered all around the base of the cone. Meanwhile, it is hardening and the top of the cone is being used to draw out oil into the pipe. The negative pressure in the bag should force it to close around any structure and seal to the pipe or bore hole (the reverse of what happens when you drop things on some liquid under pressure).

After the cone has formed a seal, you can either keep the pipe attached for drawing out oil, or seal it, now that you've got a secured opening.

>> But there needs to be a moratorium on ALL drilling until they can PROVE they have adequate safety measures and we need to realize that this catastrophe is merely a shortcut of what happens when we use coal and oil every day. WE CANNOT have companies with only the concern for profit, allowed to make these mistakes.

BP is too big for our sell-out government to regulate. We also saw that they voted NOT to break up banks that are too big to fail. This "problem" today, will happen again, because the people overseeing the robber barons work for the robber barons and merely give us the illusion of security by sniffing our shoes at airports. Being in debt to China, being in thrall to the military, big Pharma, big Energy, and Big Banking is the REAL THREAT, and all this nonsense about terrorism, some big foreign enemy, or "saving money" by firing teachers is a distraction.

If it weren't, we wouldn't be building more Submarines to NOT catch Bin Laden, we wouldn't have defense contractors like GM building weapons plants in China, and we wouldn't be spending money on 750 military bases to protect us while kids go uneducated.

Treating people badly, not taking care of education and health, handing out tax breaks via borrowed money -- these are ALL real threats.

And the Gulf of Mexico is probably dead. It's only a matter of time as these morons dump garbage on it as if that would stop an oil field that probably covers a good bit of the sea floor with trillions of metric tons of ocean water on it.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominuz
Terrible images indeed...

I dont wanna go into apocaliptic stuff but it does resemble like blood from the sea... a frightening bleeding ocean...

What we are going to explaing this to our kids?

How we are going to apologize for a terrible future?

Is gonna really sucks the life for the next generation...

[edit on 10-5-2010 by dominuz]

doesnt it say in the bible the sea will turn in to blood? and can someone tell me the implications please as i don't know much about it

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

WTF, spraying chemicals to break up the oil!??! How does this work?!? Can chemicals really magically make the oil dissapear?!? Where does the oil go! For real, wtf. Does the oil vanish into thin air or sink to the bottom of the ocean or just what.

I want to know what the F those chemicals are going to do. Do they just turn the black oil blue so you can't see it anymore?

This is such a mess. We our killing our earth. All those poor animals that don't deserve this.

It just makes it so we can't see it as easily......but it will still be there..just spread out over much more water and much deeper......

it's to make us think it's working

I've been listening to experts on OIL SPILL "CLEANUPS" -- the oil spilled is always underestimated and the cleanup measures over-estimated. After all, who has the bucks here?

Dispersants are like a soap, one end of the molecule likes oil and one end likes water. The aggregate formed looks like food to small bacteria and shellfish. It's worse for the ecosystem than lighting it on fire.

No more than 20% of the oil is EVER recovered, and with this spill, it's a heavy crude and most of it is sinking to the sea floor. It will do the majority of its killing from the base of the food chain on up. That entire ocean MAY become a dead zone.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
Events like this really put into perspective how destructive our species can be to Earth...

Justice will never be served for this. Who's to blame? We can all point fingers at BP, or the engineers, TPTB, the rig workers, or even the consumers (us). It wont matter.

In the end we take much more than we give back. Land, resources, ... life. We always have, and will continue until there is nothing left to take. It's a shame.

human civilization is to blame how dare they arrogantly think they own this bloody earth and that they are the mountain runners. Disgusting i Am very keen animal rights supporter, may god see these animals through.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by anonymousproxy]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

ive thought about that verse alot too. but it doesnt matter how well the bible describes whats happening to our world right now....it would be unthinkable for many ppl to even consider that paradigm. it doesnt matter how bad things get...there will always be ppl that need/want to interpret things in such a way to continue blinding themselves to the sober reality of whats really going on.

ive told ppl many times i wish i didnt believe wat i did......i just dont have the ability to ignore so many correllations.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I want to know what the F those chemicals are going to do. Do they just turn the black oil blue so you can't see it anymore?...

Please read this: Dispersants Have Potential to Cause More Harm Than Good

Excerpt:

NEW ORLEANS, May 11 /PRNewswire/ -- The chemical dispersants being used to break up the oil leaking into the gulf following the explosion of British Petroleum's Deepwater Horizon offshore oil rig have the potential to cause just as much, if not more, harm to the environment and the humans coming into contact with it than the oil possibly would if left untreated...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join