It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur Video Of Gulf Oil Slick - Worse Than BP Admits

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This isn't only going to effect the gulf,it's going to keep spreading around everywhere until they stop the flow.

I can't help but wonder what kind of tectonic effects will occur from the rapid venting of this oil,I would suspect that the pressures involved are a result of sea water pushing down on the sea floor,a sea floor slump maybe?,tsunami?.

I live on the east coast of florida,the environment has been stressed nearly to the limit here for some time.When this hits,it will shut the entire economy down,and a lot of people who cannot afford groceries,but can afford a fishing license,won't be able to eat,the lackluster tourism of the past few years wil be gone completely.

Gonna end up like Somalia and a some other african countries,where the only way to feed your people is to steal it from passing ships,because the environment has been so utterly destroyed by oil rigs and the oil industry.

I figure these things have probably been discussed in this thread already,please excuse me if they were.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Oil leak is 5 times greater than reported by officials

At an oil spill environmental forum at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, Ian MacDonald said the blowout is gushing 25,000 barrels a day.

The Coast Guard and BP estimate 5,000 barrels a day of crude is spewing into the Gulf.

www.pnj.com...

[edit on 11-5-2010 by conar]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

The PTB wouldn't do anything they would have to smell the stench of right in their own back yard,like nuclear war,it isn't localized enough to suit their tastes.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Our southern region is on the cusp of hurricane season and I can only imagine the impact that a hurricane would have on this mess and the rate at which it will spread on shore. Picture an oil filled storm surge washing up anywhere along the Gulf. Not pretty folks.

This is a back breaker and anyone who makes a living off of the Gulf will be out of work indefinitely.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The most comparable event to this would have to be the IXTOC 1 blowout in June 1979. That blowout went on for 295 days. Can you imagine this one after 295 days?

One difference...IXTOC 1 was in the Bay of Campeche in the Gulf of Mexico...at a depth of 150 feet. If it took 295 days to complete in 150 feet, what is a realistic timeframe at a depth of 5,000 feet? Years? Never?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

Wow! I am speechless and don't know what to say.

If we needed help from a more advance race time is now, please step forward.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
mean wile at the home frount you want a coke in the car to the store you go.
man its getting hot summers here turn up the air hunny.
on one side we all cry and cuss oil this oil that on the other side we drive hummers 4 weel drive mud bogeing anyone . cut the grass (a old fashion macinial push mower are you nuts I got my zero radis rurning jdeer.
more more more i want more NOW .
i aggree this is a disaster now turn up the air im hot

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
"The Seven Signs are clear: We will be struck by deadly plagues, famines and earthquakes; The sky will turn dark and oceans will turn to blood; And the antichrist will emerge to fight the final battle between good and evil. Could this all be true?"

i was listening to the narrator and he mentioned the color of the ocean as being red.... RED???
"Oceans turning blood red could be triggered by microorganisms that release dangerous neurotoxins that have the same effect as nerve gas"

i have read in a lot of doom and gloom threads about this moment.. Is it a sign? is this coincedence? very interesting how these events are falling in place....
www.history.co.uk...

[edit on 11-5-2010 by maddogron]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
got a feeling that they will soon call this the biggest environmental disaster ever.
this is massive...breaks my heart thinking of all the animal live's at stake.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by ThraexX]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm just glad somebody is "finally" selling this story straight. To call this a leak is a gross mis-interpretation and its impact in the Gulf Coast region both eco-logical and economical will be devastating.

Thank you for your submission of this material.

S & F

Now if we could just get these images on the Nightly News but that would be just a little too close to the truth and the MSM doesn't deal in the truth.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by duality90

the blowout preventer (which normally physically seals the hole bored into the earth (they are 30-40 foot high assemblies of steel) failed, in a freak accident.

Let us not forget that Halliburton's hand was in this too, that alone has red flags flying. Wonder what the governmental solutions will be this time...of course, whatever it is...it will be for the "good of all".

reply to post by InnerTruths

Can't watch the video and I would normally say thanks for posting a picture, but that one makes me ill

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
to all those people saying this disaster could be as bad as exxon-valdez:

Just want to inform you that Exxon-Valdez was one of the tiniest oil spills in history. It ranks as the 35th worst oil spill in the world and is no where even close to some of the worse ones.

The only reason it gets talked about so much is

1. it occurred in/near the U.S. so obviously it gets more attention
2. it occurred in a fragile eco-system that resulted in a lot of wildlife loss whereas a lot of the other major spills were in open oceans and such

Exxon-Valdez spilled about 10 million gallons. Some of the worse disasters spilled as much as hundreds of millions and all of the disasters in the top 10 list did about 50-100million gallons and up.

This gulf disaster so far probably doesn't even rank in the top 100,

edit: I'm just saying this not to downplay the disaster but to show the doomsayers who keep saying that this could end the world etc....there were hundreds of oil spills worse than this one and the earth didn't even bat an eye so don't worry we're safe.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by rufusdrak]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
mean wile at the home frount you want a coke in the car to the store you go.
man its getting hot summers here turn up the air hunny.
on one side we all cry and cuss oil this oil that on the other side we drive hummers 4 weel drive mud bogeing anyone . cut the grass (a old fashion macinial push mower are you nuts I got my zero radis rurning jdeer.
more more more i want more NOW .
i aggree this is a disaster now turn up the air im hot

Applause!!!!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddogron
"The Seven Signs are clear: We will be struck by deadly plagues, famines and earthquakes; The sky will turn dark and oceans will turn to blood; And the antichrist will emerge to fight the final battle between good and evil. Could this all be true?"

I think people are waking up to the fact that this may be true. And the beast rises out of the sea.

I've heard someone on MSM say the oil is red because of the dispersents. There's also a thing called red oil, which is highly explosive. Either way, it's not good.

Here's a raw video of the military spraying chemicals on the oil slick. The pilot (or someone in the cockpit) says "don't know where to pick a spot out here, it's everywhere"

[edit on 11-5-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The US government should make sure BP doesn't get off the hook after spending 200-500million. BP should be required to pay until they do everything possible to clean this mess up.

It's sad when the MSM will not cover this like do Tiger Woods or Britney Spears.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There should be some kind of international law that if the pollution of Ocean is not stopped in so many days or if the damage is so devastating then UN will take over and the cost to be charged to the Corporation that caused it. When Iranian offered the help why arrogance played a part in it. They should at least talked to them and asked how they will do it. I remember when Kuwait had fires at their oil wells, many European Companies were there, but couldn't put off the fire. Kuwait didn't wait too long and called in Russians who on their arrival put the fires off within days one after another.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I wonder if there is any "leak" video of the one below the ocean surface, that is a panoramic view of the source of the oil from its depth right up to the ocean surface. Now that would be a mighty mega puke, just to see the extent of the oil spill, leak, and what have you that describe this insanity gone mad.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Very sad, I am reminded of this bible verse, especially the end.

Revelation 18:11

The nations were angry, but your anger has come. The time has come for the dead to be judged: to reward your servants, the prophets, your holy people, and those who fear your name, no matter if they are important or unimportant, and to destroy those who destroy the earth."

It`s important to understand that this could only apply to human civilization within the last 100 or so years. Yet another sign of the times.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo007
The US government should make sure BP doesn't get off the hook after spending 200-500million. BP should be required to pay until they do everything possible to clean this mess up.

It's sad when the MSM will not cover this like do Tiger Woods or Britney Spears.

They won't make them pay jack squat. Exxon was fined 4.5 billion $$$ originally for exxon-valdez spill (this is equal to 1 year's worth of profits for the oil giant) after 10-15 years of nonstop appeals which included the supreme court (one of the justices recused himself from the case because he owned hundreds of thousands of $$$ in exxon stock) they ended up getting the fine down to a few measley millions. Exxon basically got away scott free and didn't lose any money for creating their big bad U.S. disaster.
Even the Exxon-Valdez ship was promptly fixed up and sent back out and is still sailing around the world as we speak under the name Dong Fang Ocean

Then exxon is even trying to change the law to make 25 million $ or something along those lines the maximum fine that they're able to levy on oil companies for spills.

Don't expect BP to pay squat for this mess. It'll come down to the taxpayers as usual.
Long live Amerika.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Wow, thanks for sharing S&F.

This is something everyone needs to watch because I don't think some people grasp the magnitude of this oil disaster. And this is still just the beginning we still have no idea when this problem will be 'capped' off so to speak (pun intended).

All of that marine life... all of those jobs people have lost, and in this economy

I feel bad our planet has gone through this sort of devastation because of us. Oil is kept below the earths crust for a reason... wildlife has grown because it is beneath them not because it's spraying itself all over... we did this, we caused these poor animals to die - and the video is right, it will be decades (maybe longer!) before marine life will go back to any sort of normalcy.

They better fix this problem soon and clean up that ocean as best as humanly possible.

Maybe a storm will grab up all the oil and find each BP and government official who decided not to try and help clean this up and dump oil on their homes and in their water supplies.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join