It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur Video Of Gulf Oil Slick - Worse Than BP Admits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by DrEyebrows

Sssso...you have a picture of said tainted beach?

No? oh, you must believe everything the MSM is saying...poor lil gloomer.

Show me the picture gloomer just show me the picture.

how about this picture? good enough for you?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
God, this is heartbreaking. I'm sorry & glad, I guess, to see the video. Thank you for posting it.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If this had been a Middle Eastern oil Company, would the US be at political odds with them? Seems to me, BRITTISH PC came over to our waters and sh@%$#t in them. Why aren't we at odds with jolly ol' england? And if it was allowed due to Brittish Oil lobbiests, hang our "representatives" that took the bribes. And cap it off..........period...........cap it, never mind about trying to cap it and skim the oil for profit............cap it. Be done. If you do not have the techno to clean up a deep sea drill disaster, you SHOULD NOT BE DRILLING.

My aplogies for my rant...have had it up to here with the bs.

Love you ATS...would not be getting REAL NEWS without you

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
My sister just moved to Biloxi this winter. I'm thinking about going down to help clean animals. She said that she would find out about the orientation classes and if they are taking new volunteers. The damage being done heartbreaking.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by DrEyebrows

Sssso...you have a picture of said tainted beach?

No? oh, you must believe everything the MSM is saying...poor lil gloomer.

Show me the picture gloomer just show me the picture.

You must get high off destruction, I feel really bad for you.

Here is a link to 140 pictures of the spill, At least 10+ of them are of beaches either from the shore, with oil tar clumps and all on the beach, to aerial shots.

Louisiana Oil Spill Photos 2010

You do realize that the oil is coming from a centralized location underwater and spreading out, correct? You realize that the currents are gradually bringing this sludgy doom to the shores more and more as each day go by? Or is this too complex of a concept to grasp? Most children understand this.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominuz

I dont wanna go into apocaliptic stuff but it does resemble like blood from the sea... a frightening bleeding ocean...

And a "mountain thrown into the sea" is descriptive of an underwater volcano.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
WTF, spraying chemicals to break up the oil!??! How does this work?!? Can chemicals really magically make the oil dissapear?!? Where does the oil go! For real, wtf. Does the oil vanish into thin air or sink to the bottom of the ocean or just what.

I want to know what the F those chemicals are going to do. Do they just turn the black oil blue so you can't see it anymore?

This is such a mess. We our killing our earth. All those poor animals that don't deserve this.

That was my question, i would think they would want to consolidate the oil for collection purposes.
I don't know what to say about this, other than it's been nice chattin with all of you and see ya on the other side.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Run BP out of the friggin country!!!!! Their negligence has killed alot of Americans *BP Texas City explosions* and now this.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip
What I find more disturbing is the absolute disregard and neglect of the media when it comes to this. You would imagine they would be all over this, and hence it can only make you ponder what they are waiting for (maybe when this evil black shadow reaches shore?).

If you watched the video above, the information is conflicting.

"Some fishing business operators in Venice, Louisiana, told Reuters, 'Media attention to the oil spill in the gulf is creating a misconception that the sport fishing season is closed."

Phil Butler, Venice Marina owner says "We are fighting an uphill battle with all the press that's been down here that everything's closed. We are trying to get the message out. We are still open, we can still fish."

What do you all make of this? Is it denial? Who is being deceitful here? Just because sport fishing season is open...does this mean the fish are not contaminated? Is this a good time to be frolicking around while others are trying to contain and clean-up? Ignore the plight...come on down and have a good time? Or could it be that media is making it sound worse than what it is?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Halliburton, Monsanto, DIEBOLD, Blackwater, Altria...etc.etc
Its the PetroPharmaIndustrialWeapons Cartel
We have the oil AND the car
We have the disease AND the cure
We have the war AND the weapons
its the ultimate hedge
a completely Methusilian concept
of what Planet Earth is
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I really don't care about oil bubbling up even in large amounts. It used to do that all the time until we started to harvest it.

Then we found such great uses we grabbed all we can

Then it was worth the money to dig for it.

Then it was worth the money to dig deeper.

And deeper.

OOPS! WE SPILLED SOME!

Well now we're back to how the earth was normally duh

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
After watching that,it reminded me of a scripture.(I didn't know which one to look for,but I opened up the Bible and it was the first one I saw!)...

"The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea,and it turned into blood like that of a dead man,and every living thing in the sea died." Revelation 16:3

I'm not saying it IS one of the seven bowls of God's wrath,but it is definetly an eerie coincidence.

(If every living thing in the sea doesn't die,then I guess we can say it wasn't what this verse meant!)

As bad as it is,I hope it's not that bad.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This mess is never going to be fixed. The gulf of Mexico is going to be so ruined that when a hurricane comes roaring in, Louisiana and Mississippi are east Texas are going to look like Mordor. Then a fire will start, and the entire southeast will burn, covering the eastern coast states in black smoke. Obama will be sitting in his bunker deep underneath Denver International New World Airport laughing at all of us regular people. I thought it would make me feel better to get that out of my system, but seeing it in the screen just makes me madder.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Speaking of the military, contrast with:

A U.S. Air Force C-130 Hercules aircraft from the 910th Airlift Wing, Youngstown-Warren Air Reserve Station, Ohio, drops oil-dispersing chemicals into the Gulf of Mexico, in this photograph taken on May 9, 2010 and released on May 10.

Link.

Oh yeah... so just spray even MORE poisons into the ocean... so that the oil "mixes" in with the water more easily, so we can't see the poison anymore.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Seeing this video/images makes me feel sick! To think of all the sealife and so on. They need to get this sorted fast as it looks like to much damage has already been do,

SORT IT OUT!!!

Mother nature will not take kindly to this sort of torcher!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
While I posted this video here, it is so compelling, I thought it needed its own thread.

These are very disturbing images...

Amateur Video Of Gulf Oil Slick - Worse Than BP Admits

Video is from Alabama resident John Wathen as a volunteer pilot flew him over the area where the oil rig sank. Officials have stopped guessing at the amount of oil leaking although some speculate it may be closer to 1 million gallons per day.

Don't let BP spin this into something trivial.

"It's not a leak, it's a volcano spewing oil"

[edit on 10-5-2010 by loam]

I regret to tell you that all safety precautions were in place for the drilling of this well with any other. Unfortunately, it would appear that either an inexperienced toolpusher (man who actually physically controls the depth, direction, and speed of the drillbit) ballsed up, or the blowout preventer (which normally physically seals the hole bored into the earth (they are 30-40 foot high assemblies of steel) failed, in a freak accident.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
You know what, im not pissed about this at all.

Wanna know what this is? This is freaking karma.

We are running around grabbing everyones oil. We finally find so much oil that the entire world can run off of our find. But what happens? The oil is so much that it causes a global catastrophe.

This is gods way of dealing with it. Now the entire world will look at us and say, "look at what those bastards did. I hope they got what they wanted."

its about time we stopped being the bullies of the world and started being the innovators. Oil isnt the future, its the past. Like the guy in the video said, lets learn from our mistakes and get this over with.

On a side note, why is the oil red/yellow?
Is that really what crude oil looks like?

[edit on 11-5-2010 by demonseed]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
reply to post by loam

this is impossible, because there are no aircraft with the tech to spray aerosols.
oh the lies.

??? Have you ever heard of a crop duster? Pretty basic technology

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Say what you want, debate till the cows come home. If they do not stop this, the world will never recover. Ever tried to get this stuff off your skin?..... Not doom and gloom but fact. I am ashamed.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fbipeeper
I really don't care about oil bubbling up even in large amounts. It used to do that all the time until we started to harvest it.

BP's worst-case scenario (from here) is that over 2.5 million gallons of oil is leaking into the gulf daily. That is more than a bit of oil bubbling up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join